Week 9 - Season 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BDSDIGITAL, Mar 6, 2010.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Week 9 - Season 6

This is a big week for a few of us!

3-4 Colorado v. 4-3 Kansas

Oh Colorado......Bowl eligibility is only a few wins away man.

#2 7-0 Wisconsin vs. #3 7-0 Purdue

This game is huge for both teams, and a few other teams hovering around the top 5 (Cal, Zona, Tulsa come to mind). This game also will probably determine the Big 10 Champion. Wisconsin has survived a few tough games vs. Colorado and Minnesota, while Purdue has been in fights with a handful of teams and seem to be playing down to their competition. Should be a great game.

#8 6-1 Texas Tech vs. #20 6-1 Texas

Tech embarrassed the horns last year. The cpu teams seem to be giving users headaches this year, but Max has always kinda been immune to AI challengers. He's just rooting for 6 teams ahead of him to choke at this point.

#6 7-0 California vs. #5 5-0 Alabama

Alabama apparently is no joke. Cal has been a big surprise so far and a big win vs. Bama could make them a legit contender. Still has games vs. Arizona and UCLA coming right up so definitely not out of the woods, even if they beat Bama.

#17 4-3 Minnesota vs. 1-7 Wyoming

How is a mediocre Minnesota team ranked ahead of a ton, A TON of good 1 and 2 loss teams? Doesn't seem right to me. They are getting alot of credit for the win vs. Michigan (?) earlier this year. Maybe it was Penn State?

6-1 Iowa vs. #16 4-3 Michigan

Iowa is the best un ranked team in the country, bar none. What do they have to do to get a little respect?

#11 6-1 Texas A & M v. 1-6 Baylor

So?

Washington 3-3 v. 3-4 Arizona State

ASU is probably a good bit better than their record indicates. Washington should be able to get on the right side of 500 after this one is over. Also, way to be cool about getting put on AP to not hold the league up. I think we all could've waited...but it's not my business.

#21 4-2 UCLA @ #4 5-0 Arizona

Arizona has been over acheiving all season. This is not the 4th best team in the country by any stretch of the imagination. However, these guys make plays when they have to, and have been incredibly clutch all year. Last year Arizona forced 5 UCLA turnovers to beat the #2 UCLA Bruins in LA last year. The tables have turned this year as Parrothead brings his two loss team into the desert to face Arizona's undefeated team.

Arizona has designs on a national championship and this is the 2nd big step. If Zona comes away with the win look the hell out!

Bear Down!!!!!!!!!

and good luck to everyone this week.

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Very true, and great write up on all the teams troy!

1ke, I'll be able to play. Just pick a day that you can play during the day, and I'll work it out.

3. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

Thanks for the recognition, Troy! :cool: I really need to make an impact soon because I have three tough user games in a row to finish the season...

Great work on the write-ups, too.

4. BDSDIGITAL

thank you and thank you.

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

umm. so what? lol

6. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

Iowa 17, #16 Michigan 13

Iowa Stifles Michigan

It was a defensive battle as Iowa wore down Michigan in this Big-10 matchup. Heavy rain put a damper on the pass game, as both teams threw 2 INTs and Michigan's receivers dropped a few passes in big situations. Iowa stuck with their powerful rushing attack, despite losing their hole-opening FB Justin Samuel to a hip-pointer. The Wolverines had a chance to win the game at the end, but a poorly-disguised fake spike lead to the QB getting drilled and throwing a wobbly pick to end the game.

Iowa has come a long way from their 2-10 finish last season, currently at 7-1 with wins over Ohio State and Michigan. Is this the week the Hawkeyes earn a top 25 berth?

O POTG: HB Kenneth Thomas: 32 carries, 173 yards

D POTG: SS James Louis: 8 tackles, INT

7. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Hamby Who? UCLA Avenges Last Year With Win at Arizona

UCLA came in as the underdogs this season and played some spoiler of their own, beating Arizona on the road, 28-13. Mixing up coverages and looking to contain Heisman hopeful Chris Gandy, the Arizona offense was left in a daze, wondering what to do most of the night. UCLA came in with last year's Doak Walker winner, Jacob Gunn, who proved he still has it, rushing for 170 yards on 31 carries and 3 TD's. This well outdid his counterpart on the Wildcats, who ran for 80 yards on 21 carries and was held out of the end zone.

The UCLA defense did a fantastic job of keeping Arizona in check, allowing only 178 total offensive yards. Each team had three turnovers, and most seemed to follow each other. In the end, it was UCLA who managed to get the ball into the end zone early and really take the threat of Hamby away for the most part.

Good game, Troy. The Pac-10 race is going to be interesting now!

Offensive Player of the Game: HB Jacob Gunn - 31 carries for 170 yards, 3 TD
    Defensive Player of the Game: SS Shawn Dennis - 5 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 INT

8. KnightNoles

ARIZONA = PRETENDERS

lol

9. BDSDIGITAL

Yeah the UCLA pass rush was pretty killer. I know you were use user jump snap most of the game, but I doubt that was the only reason why my pocket kept collapsing. I was able to slow down his pass rush for a while in the 2nd half and had a shot at getting back in it down 21-13 late in the game, but just couldn't make the stop when I needed it to get the ball back. What can I say, I got beat by a better team. GG to the Parrothead, and we'll get ready to play USC...and Knoles, I have the same record as you do, so I have no idea why you would be talking shit.... ;)

10. KnightNoles

I didn't say anything about a National Title...

11. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'm playing in the morning.....

12. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Monday anytime I think should work out for me.

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

sounds good

14. KnightNoles

Game will be played sometime Monday

15. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Im playing mine tomorrow morning. well, I mean in a few hours :D

16. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Cal was getting slapped around in this one 27-10 in the second quarter. Cal had to abandon the run and try to score in bunches which wasn't easy to do. For some reason there was a massive down pour in Berkeley. RS Freshman Inman put the ball in the air I think 46 times to bring the Bears back in this one. The defense also finally grew a pair in the second half and held Alabama scoreless.

Final Score: Cal - 41 Bama - 27

17. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Washington 34
    Arizona State 27

This game never felt as close as the score indicated, the Sun Devils were helped out by a pick 6 (I hit the wrong button). Other than that, it really was all UW. QB Mike Pearson threw for 298 yards and 2 score and HBs Daniels and Brown combined for nearly 150. The Huskies travel to Oregon State next week.

18. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I think the answer is obvious. The CPU recognizes potential greatness when it sees it.

19. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Hey Swagger...Im on now and will be for the rest of the day. Come get some!

20. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Wow. a 30 point 4th quarter from the Longhorns and it still isnt enough. Tech holds on to win 50-47. This one wasnt really close at all. EA... go fuck yourselves.

I lost both my starting DE's in this one too. My senior LE is out for 12 weeks and my soph RE is out for 4 weeks. That means (2)true freshman will be starting at the ends for the next 4 weeks at least.

Harris had a pretty good game except for the INTs. He threw 3 and i think all of them were picked off with one hand by Texas' defense. Cheech didnt make a TD grab, but he had an 18yd TD run. Charles running the ball on sweeps has added a new wrinkle to Tech's offense and has been especially effective in the redzone. After TTU destroys Baylor in Lubbock next week, the Red Raiders have a pretty tough schedule to finish the year playing @Oklahoma, okiest @home, @Florida, and then Rice at home. The Big12 Championship and national Title race are out of Tech's hands at this point. All the Red Raiders can do is win out and hope for the best.

Harris
    32/54 488yd 4TD 3INT

Charles
    12REC 201yd 0TD
    7ATT 44yd 1TD

Harris
    8REC 148yd 2TD

Hill
    7REC 111yd 2TD

21. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

When is the advance for this week? I'm looking forward to bringing Cal behind the woodshed!

22. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Freshman Report​

We're pretty much halfway through the season (7 games) and I have fishies all over place so I thought I'd let you all know how awesome they are doing.

David Harris
    Freshman WR
    6'4 204lb

39REC
    708yd
    10TD
    AVG/REC 18.2yd
    AVG/Game 101.1yd
    YAC 175 (4.5yd avg)

#PR 23
    total PR yd 374
    avg PR 16.3yd
    1TD
    long 80

#KR 10
    KR yd 251
    avg 25.1
    0TD

Kellen Harris "little" brother has made a big impact on offense and on special teams where he returns kicks. Harris has been Tech's main deep threat and has allowed Kelle Harris to stretch the defense and open up things for the rest of the receiving corps. Harris is currently 2nd on the team in REC and tied with Cheech Charles for the most TDs on the team with 10.

Zach Brink
    Freshman OLB
    5'11 230lb
    45TACK
    2TFL
    1SACK
    1INT

Brink is 2nd on the team in tackles behind only his LB counterpart Stephen Randall. He is fast and hits hard... I am definitely glad we jacked Murk and got this kid.

Kevin Melton
    Freshman SS
    6'2 203lb
    44TACK
    5TFL
    1INT
    1FF
    2FR
    1TD

Melton has played the #2 SS spot pretty well this year. I didnt know if he'd make the cut at first, but Im glad Ive stuck with him.

Sam Wright
    Freshman FS
    6'2 185lb
    34TACK
    2TFL
    1INT
    1TD

Wright has anchored the 4-2-5 nicely. He could end up moving to SS next season though.

Im going to come back and edit this a little... but you get the idea ;)

23. BDSDIGITAL

I believe our buddy, all world Knighnoles is the last to play..

24. KnightNoles

playing now

25. KnightNoles

A&M beats da Bears, 44-14

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    1 2 3 4 F
    A&M 20 14 7 3 44
    Bay 0 7 7 0 14

The Aggies took it to the Bears only allowing 7 points on defense, as backup QB Kevin Allen threw a pick 6 subbing in for Allen Bonner who will miss 3 weeks. The rushing attack was in full force as Rob Bryant ran 20 times for 81 yards 2 TDs and Eric Mosley rushed 10 times for 95 yards, 9.5 avg, TD. Derrick Olson chipped in with 3 receptions for 141 yards TD. Defense was led by Cook who had 8 tacks, 5 tfl and 1 sack.