Week 9 Season 6

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Mar 12, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]
    "Fuck famous, let's get LEGENDARY!"
    [​IMG]
    Advance Max: Wednesday 9 PM EST
    WHAT HAS TO BE COMPLETED TO ADVANCE TO WEEK 10:​
    1. All games must be completed (24 hr cpu/48 user max)​
    2. All game summaries must be posted​
    3. Heisman Watch, Power Rankings, Injury Updates , Pick'EM (setup), etc.​
    4. Please use GAME SCHEDULING forum as directed. Team threads go in game summaries.​
    5. Everyone catch up on their summaries. fuzzyl0gic
    THANK YOU for you cooperation, you guys have been awesome as usual! Let's keep it up.​

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  2. IrishBearcat

A few notes..

1. Ball so hard = #1 in the Country!? Congrats to Oshiomogho - his Utes earned it! Will #1 be unkind again and help Philstyle3005 's chances of an upset?

2. Oregon State v UCLA - Essentially a mid-season CCG. Two VERY good programs and each have 1 loss to good Pac-12 teams (OSU to Cal, UCLA to Utah). Who will rise up?

3. Arizona v WSU - A rivalry in the making. WSU's 31-27 victory ruined Zona's bowl chances. Can BakerWildcat7 take a solid step toward getting a bowl berth ?

4. Cal vs ASU. Cal was upset at home by a CPU. Can the CPU make it back to back?

That is all.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    A solid game by both teams, but Washington State was able to come out ahead 31-21. On paper Washington State executed their offense to perfection winning the time of possession 17 minutes to 11 minutes, the turnover battle 0 to 1, and 230 yards on 39 carries.​
    The Cougars were able to go down and score on their first possession with a nicely set up 15 yard TD run by Sophomore QB Tim Todd. Afterwards, Arizona would commit their only turnover of the game by throwing an interception that was converted into 3 points for the Cougars. Arizona would score before the half making it a 10-7 ball game.​
    Opening up the third quarter, Arizona scored on another TD run by redshirt Sophomore HB Rob Bell, this one coming from 12 yards out. They took the lead, but Washington State nabbed it back scoring on a 2 yard pass from Todd to Sophomore FB Hunter Jenkins. Early in the fourth quarter, Washington State took the advantage again after a sick run by Todd that went for a 34 yard TD.​
    Arizona answered quickly on their next possession throwing a pass to TE Steve Hall who went untouched for an 80 yard TD. On Washington State's ensuing possession the Cougars were faced with 2nd and 10. Todd slips out of a sack, doesn't see any open receivers, and scrambles 27 yards past midfield. Although the Cougars didn't score on this possession it proved to be a key factor in the win because it gave them great field position following a failed fourth down attempt by the Wildcats. Washington State capitalized on that throwing another TD to Hunter Jenkins, this time for 21 yards.​
    Player of the Game:​
    So. QB Tim Todd​
    7-10 for 87 yds, 2 TDs​
    14 car for 82 yds, 2 TDs​

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/116773821​

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  4. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Looks like we are developing quite the rivalry Murk ;-)

• Like Like x 3
  5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

It'll be interesting see how you do with that QB with B+ speed. I was recruiting him since day 1, and didn't even manage to get in the top 10.

Uploaded a video for you too..

6. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Yeah I'll be goin back to the spread offense, I most comfortable in that offense..... Hopefully he can sling it a lil bit!

7. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

every pass that i threw seemed it was either over thrown, under thrown, WR dropped (even with conserv on), or the defender jumped the route and picked it. 8 INTs thrown. the drive/passion just wasnt there this game......

good game UCLA.

8. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

UCLA gets a big win over Pac-12 foe 42-3. The Bruins defense came to play big time as they forced 8 interceptions total. 5 of them going to Junior safety, Mark Stewart. He set a new record for the most interceptions by a single player at UCLA. The offense still couldn't find their rhythm only amassing a total of 245 total yards. The Bruins got set up with short fields because of the interceptions and just were able to capitalize. The Bruins take on Cal next week.

9. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Ouch rough game man, but I've been there.

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Damn tough loss...leaves some questions in the North.

11. IrishBearcat

Update: As much as I'm unhappy to say this, Oshiomogho may done with our league (and ncaa 12 entirely) despite being #1 in the country. I'm going to give him some time to make sure he's set on his decision. I'll have Philstyle3005 play the CPU tomorrow if he sticks to his decision.

Like this if you want Oshiomogho to stay! :)

*IrishBearcat likes*

• Like Like x 3
  12. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

13. IrishBearcat

After being heartbroken at home, it looked like Cal was on the ropes for another upset as they proceeded to go three and out and give up a touchdown on the first two drives of the game. All you need to do is look at the box score to understand how this game played out. LOL, I cannot say I've ever had the Heisman CPU play this badly (especially the turnovers for TDs!) since I started playing ODs on NCAA 09:

[​IMG]

FIVE turnovers for TDs. It started with a fumble for a TD, then a returned field goal for a TD, then a fumble for a TD 30 seconds later. Then in the second half we had back to back pick sixes in a 46 second span. Same Rowe took two TDs to the Hizzy!

Next week an epic matchup against the Bruins. Excited for it and the annual rivalry with -Cougars- and his squad.

14. IrishBearcat

No word from Oshio still..

We'll give him till 6 PM EST to decide, at least for playing this week. If he decides no or we don't hear from him we'll let Philstyle3005 play the CPU. Plan for an early evening advance.

-Cougars- What does tonight and tomorrow look like for you?

15. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

T
    Tonight I can go at pretty much anytime.