Week 9 Season 7

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, May 13, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fuck famous...
    let's get LEGENDARY
    [​IMG]

Advance Max: Tuesday 5:00 PM EST
    WHAT WE MUST ACCOMPLISH TO ADVANCE TO WEEK 10:​
    Bucs
    1. All games should be completed (24 hr cpu/48 user max)​
    2. All game summaries should be posted​
    THANK YOU for you cooperation, you guys have been awesome as usual! Let's keep it up.​

2. IrishBearcat

Washington upsets #8 Cal in Seattle 14-24. Great game iBleedOrange247 , you earned it.

3. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Thanks, I think that first drive that took almost 7 minutes really helped me hold the lead, then making the 5 second drive the following out. I think there was a missed PI call down near your endzone that would've really helped you out. Im sure you know which play I'm talking about, but great game! Can't wait to rematch you!

4. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

Had 2 disconnects on Sunday, maybe a router issue. Gonna try again mon, he is hoping that it is different tomorrow. If anyone else has these issues, xboxlive tells u how to set your router to limit these problems. Ohio and Texas cable just can't seem to get along.

5. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Me and cougars had the same issue. Weird we arent the only group having trouble this week

6. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

Think maybe everybody should check their network settings, make sure not moderate. Resetting the router will usually fix. At least it worth to check before starting games.

7. LSUTRUTH

Im good. Mine is open.

8. Alwaysfly

Alwaysfly Walk On

got beat by Arkansas State almost threw my controller thur the tv. then i was like NCAA 13 around the corner lol

• Like Like x 3
  9. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

You have to vote on what conference we are going to use for '13.

10. LSUTRUTH

Hanging With the Big Boys​
    There has been doubters so far in LSU Truths time as head coach of Arizona State. There has been a lack of recruiting excitement. There has been some bad loses to VT 40-14 to Oregon 31-7. There have been some bright spots as of late. ASU added a JUCU Dt they love. They added a TE who is a great blocker. They broke their losing streak of 3 games vs Colorado last week in a 23-0 shut out. Positive things were happening at ASU. Then UCLA shows up on the ASU schedule. Ranked #2 in the country threatening to crush the little momentum the Sun Devils had. There was hope CB George Schneider had a chip on his shoulder. A senior who is the best player on ASU roster was tired of the defense holding people only to see the offense flounder opportunity after opportunity. 2 weeks ago vs Utah he made his debut in spot time at RB rushing for 30 yards on 6 carries. Last week vs Colorado the same out put. He vowed to have a bigger impact on the this game which threatened ASU. This was their season right here. A loss bring the Devils to 3-5 with a tough road ahead. A win sparks the program possibly into something great.​
    There would be connection issues in the early part of the game. We resumed at a score of 10-7 as it was when we disconnected.​
    With ASU threatening to go up on # 2 UCLA 17-7 in the first quarter the UCLA defense stood tall. ASU QB Sullivan had time but no WR to throw the ball to. Bring inside the 15 he sat in the pocket looking looking and boom a UCLA defender hits him causing him to fumble the ball. DE Mitchell would scoop the ball up and rumble 70+ yards for the TD putting UCLA up 14-10. A 14 point swing for the Bruins as ASU was hot on offense.​
    The ensuing drive ASU would be forced to put after a series of 6 plays. UCLa would being the drive with an 11 yard rush. Then an 11 yard reception. Then a USER pick by Truth would give ASU the ball back and stop the promising UCLA drive. After a 43 yard strike from Sullivan to TE Jones ASU was in prime position to recapture the lead. An 8 yard rush by Avery and then boom a 15 yard pass to Schneider out of the backfield for a TD. 17-14 ASU​
    However UCLA was unfazed by this drive and score and answered with their own 9 play drive resulting in a 4 yard TD pass to Moss. On a crucial 3rd and 18 ASU would let up a vertical play to Harris for a gain of 43 yards. After a 4 play drive by ASU in which they were forced to punt you could feel the air going out of the balloon. What started as such a promising upset could be drifting away slowly. ASU would have some big plays on the day. None would be bigger than the INT by Lewis. Suddenly the ASU team had regained some air, some swag some momentum. A quick up of 9 on a qb scramble.Avery for 6 yard. Smith catch for 6. Pass to Smith for 14. Smith would clean up on the drive with 3 catches for 24 yards and a great TD catch. ASU being a young team constantly relies on younger players to step up and help make big plays. SS Hood made a huge play with ASU up 24-21 Hood would intercept Cunningham's 4 vertical pass and make a huge return. A quick throw to WR Allen that picked up 25 would let ASU get in FG range. From 45 yards out McGill would be good.​
    27-21 Halftime Upset Alert​
    UCLA would receive the ball at half. ASU knowing it needed 1 of 2 things either a stop or a turnover got the latter. It would be Lewis again intercepting Breedlove on a vertical play. ASU had UCLA on the ropes and Offensive TD would do wonders for ASU. Unfortunately for ASU they could muster 0 off this turnover and would be forced to go 3 and out. The following drive would be 16 plays long it would include 2 holding penalties by UCLA and would result in 0. There would be big plays on this drive. However the sequence of the next 6 plays are the biggest reason why ASU won the game. 3rd down and 10 UCLA completes a 17 yard pass in which the WR is tackled by Lewis at the 2 yard line saving a TD. On 1st and Goal LB Tucker (user)would fold up the FB on a dive. On 2nd n Goal Tucker(User) would scrape over the top and stop a GL toss play for a 2 yard LOSS. On third down Tucker would make the play on a power O (cpu). Finally on 4th and goal from the 4 with the season on the line Tucker would clog up the Power O running lane at DT Tony White would make the tackle for a 2 yard gain. GOAL LINE STAND SUN DEVIL STYLE. 1st and goal from the 2 ASU comes out in the Wishbone. Triple Option is the play. UCLA would crush the Fullback but Sullivan would come out untouched. Into the line he went. hitting the second level he pitched the ball to his RB Schneider who proceeded to take it 98 yards for a TD.​
    34-21 ASU They believe​
    The 4th quarter would feature alot of passing yards between the two teams. Lewis would add 2 interceptions including the game sealer as well as a Pick 6.​
    UPSET 55-42 ASU over #2 UCLA.​
    GG -Cougars-
    Ill be adding highlight videos soon​
    FS Davis INT​
    CB Lewis Pick 6 ​
    Td run Schneider​
    Hood INT​
    Lewis 1st INT​

Last edited: May 13, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  11. IrishBearcat

^^^ HUGE upset man, congrats.

UCLA and Cal were both undefeated in conference and lead their divisions. This shakes things up.

Good job LSUTRUTH and iBleedOrange247 for creating chaos.

12. IrishBearcat

13. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Yea I will, waiting on company to leave.......

14. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

Colorado VS Arizona a bust , dropped connection 6 times. No can do. Guess you will have to simulate, this sucks

15. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

He got message lost connection, I kept getting player quit game message. I chose not to play computer. Rather sim to give both players 50/50 shot at win.

16. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

I am kinda aggravated though, I didn't join an OD to sim through my season.

17. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

WSU 31
    Oregon 33

A suspect safety saved The Ducks this day as it prove to be the difference in the game. Both teams played well and were going at each other all day. WSU really caught The Ducks off guard despite the fact that they had just let Stanford come from behind and beat them last week. Both sides made some huge plays throughout the day, but in the end Oregon made just a few more and that was enough for the victory. The infamous play of the day though came with 6:03 left in the 4th. Oregon QB Marques Drew fires a rocket over the middle that is picked off, the WSU DB jumps in the air and falls into the endzone and is called for the Safety, instead of taking points off the board Oregon gets 2 points, then on the next drive kicks a FG to take the 33-24 lead. Just enough to secure the victory.

18. IrishBearcat

This is why I always try and play my user v user games on the first day possible. If we have connection problems, we have one more day to get it done.

If you guys want to setup another KO time tomorrow before or shortly after advance I don't mind waiting a little longer to advance. A KO time would need to be nailed down and confirmed by both sides before advance max for us to wait.

This happens at some point to everyone in every OD. Nobody is happy when it does, but it does come with the territory of online gaming relying on server connectivity.

19. XAttackConquerX

XAttackConquerX Walk On

Wasn't the first time we tried. We tried 3 or 4 times yesterday too with no luck.

20. IrishBearcat

Have either of you had connectivity problems with users in prior weeks?

21. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

That's a big negative, hopefully a fluke, even checked network status before starting

22. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

LSUTRUTH and I had the same problem, it worked fine for us last night. I don't know what's going on but the servers are indeed a joke.

23. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

[​IMG]
    Week 9​
    Stanford 41​
    Oregon St. 34​
    Unlike the previous two weeks we were actually able to get out front early and take a two TD lead heading into the half. However Oregon St. began to shut down our offense and they were able to score 3 TD's in the third so we were tied going into the 4th quarter. It was a defensive struggle through most of the 4th quarter with us exchanges punts but Oregon St. took over with what looked like the possible final possession of the game. But with 40 secs to go SS Steve Green returned an interception for a TD which won the game for us. It was the second pick six of the second half and our only points of the half. This was a great win for us over a very tough Oregon State team.​
    [​IMG]
    Next week stay on the road and head to play the USC Trojans.​

24. IrishBearcat

Great work man, you're quietly doing a lot of damage in the Pac-12. I'm excited to have an actual user for the rivalry. :D

25. XAttackConquerX

XAttackConquerX Walk On

Damnit. Lost to a team I had a very good shot a beat, darn connection problems :(