Week 9 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by onaradio34, Nov 18, 2009.

1. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Week 9 Summaries

Tulane vs Marshall

It was a one sided affair as Tulane puts away Marshall early. All the Herd could muster was a 78 yd TD pass. They finished with 119 total yds and were 0-9 on 3rd downs. Tulane on the other hand rolled up 578 yds mostly on the ground as they tried to show mercy by running 55 times. the Time of Possesion favored Tulane in a huge way 23:44 to just 6:23 for Marsh.

2. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Kent State loses 30-27 (OT) to Miami(OH).

This game deserves a longer summary, but.... I lost. (n)

Basically the game was back and forth all day. The most frustrating part:

21-20 Miami(OH) on top.
    I get the ball in the fourth Q with ~3mins left.
    Kent State drives the length of the field.

Situation: 4th Q, 1:08 left, inside the 5yd line. 3rd and 1, down by 1.
    So whats conventional wisdom? Run the ball and center it for your game winning FG...
    What does Kent State do? audibles out of a run because of how MIA was stacking the box.

Dumb move.

**CANT UPLOAD VIDEO HIGHLIGHT**

Yes, they take the fumble for 6... but miss the extra point. I miraculously drive the field and tie it with a TD pass with 0:00 on the clock.

I get to OT and lose it there.

Instant (heartbreaking) Classic with a score of like 3450.

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I had a rough 62-28 loss to FAU who was 1-6 coming in to the game. Both of my QB's looked like a HS Freshmen as they threw a combined 7 Interceptions. 4 of which were so far off target that it went right into the hands of FAU and they returned it for a TD. It was like I was playing the number #1 team in the nation. Well The pressure is on, I need to win out to be bowl eligible. Good Luck to Jam and BC fighting for the Sun Belt Conference Championship. I will have the summary later tonight

4. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

WKU needs help, if tiebreakers are followed its FIU that has the advantage because of their win over WKU, however, MTSU is still undefeated in conference.

WKU needs help to be bowl eligible also. Win out for 8 wins. Sounds nice but last 2 games are Ark State and Pitt. I know Ark State is stumbling right now but, I know you can save the season. Pitt is another tough game that if I win out in Sun Belt won't matter. I can see 2 more losses in Sun Belt easy though.

5. Emmdotfrisk

I dont know about that bc, my team looks like hell. I play MTSU as well. If I can beat them then we can have a User go to the New Orleans Bowl to Upset a Conference USA Runner-up (because Tulane looks to go to a BCS Bowl). Either way I am excited to see how it pans out. As for my team, I may need defense more than anything. Everytime a team runs a toss on me all my guys get pancaked and its an easy 10-15 yard gain, if not a TD.

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Ark State>

I know who you lost that was key on offense, but who did you lose that was key on defense?

7. Emmdotfrisk

Thats the thing, I didn't lose anybody. My D was playing exceptional and then like a flip of a switch they were terrible, getting pancaked 20 times a game....by wideouts. Key player is my True Freshmen LE Darius Dunaway who broke the school record for sacks a game ago..

8. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Thats some tough going, I have had some real big issues defensively in the past few weeks here too. I can't get off the field on 3rd down.

9. BG

BG On The Rize!

Nevada vs Boise State

It was back and forth in the first half of the game with each team scoring on several of their posessions. The difference was that Nevada was able to score Td's as compared to field goals for Boise. Nevada took a 28-13 lead at the intermission.

In the second half, Nevada was able to completely shut down Heisman canidate QB Kellen Moore. He threw three of his four int's as The Wolfpack pulled away from the #2 ranked Broncos. "This win was a huge stepping stone in what we are trying to achieve at Nevada. Wining against a team of the caliber and in that fashion says a lot about our coaching staff, players and the University. We will relish this win for what it is, and come back Monday and get ready for our next opponent (Hawaii)."

Final Score:
    Nevada- 42
    Boise St.- 13

Player of the Game:
    [​IMG]
    C. Randall was once again dynamic. He ran for a game high 123 yds on 35 car. and 3 td's. This is the fourth time this season he as accomplished this feat. He is currently fifth in the Heisman Trophy Race and should move up with his present performance.

Nevada improved their record to 7-0(4-0) and take a commanding lead in the WAC Conference Standings. The win should also put the #12 ranked Wolfpack into the top ten for the first time in school history.

10. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

My defense has played better, well with the exception of ND, wait that's because my offense has kept the defense off the field.

(y)

11. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

I prefer my defense to keep my offense on the field (y)

12. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

If you look at my defense from a ratings standpoint you will see why my offense needs to stay on the field.

(y)

13. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Air Force knocks out struggling BYU

Air Force : 31
    BYU : 10

Air Force ran and threw the ball well while not committing a turnover. Only player that struggled for AF was their kicking, who missed 2 easy kicks during the 1st Qtr.

RB Clark ran the ball well, rushing 30 times for 174 Yards and 1 TD. He also went over the 1,000 Yard mark as he now has 1,1135 Rushing Yards and 16 TD's.

AF has won 6 in a row after losing their first 3 games of the season. They will have a big test next week as the host 6-2 #20 LSU. If the Falcons want to make a name for themselves and save the season... they need to win this game. So far they are 1-2 against ranked team this year.