Week 9 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by titangator, Oct 21, 2010.

1. titangator

titangator Walk On

Upset alert in Birmingham...

UAB up 14 to 3 on Miss State after 1

2. titangator

titangator Walk On

14 to 6, sorry

3. titangator

titangator Walk On

Boards went down after my game finished... Miss State pulls out the 28 to 17 win, somehow, someway.

Birmingham, AL - Somehow seems to be the theme for the Bulldogs from Starkville this season, a 28 to 17 win improved Mississippi State to 8-1 on the season. The Bulldogs played what Coach Hickerson called, a "unbearable game on offense", btu somehow managed to pull out the victory. Trailing 14 to 12 after three quarters, a couple interceptions sparked the Bulldog offense and led to two touchdowns to finally take lead and seal the game, denying the Blazers of what would have been a huge win for their program. Junior nickelback Lous Watson led the way with 8 tackles on the day for the defense, "We just kept playing ya know, we knew that our offense would do what we needed to win, we gave up two early touchdowns that really slowed us down momentum wise, but once we got it back that was all she wrote man," said Watson. Hickerson was not so sure of the offensive performance, "It was ugly, pathetic, unbearable to watch, we gotta get some consistent play or Alabama is going to wipe the field with us next week." That is where the attention turns now, the Crimson Tide. "This is what we been waiting on, number 1 Alabama comes into Starkville, our house, we gotta protect it and we will," said senior strong safety Charles Mitchell. The Bulldogs have 3 games left, a gauntlet of SEC West teams, it starts this coming up week as they host Alabama. If Alabama wins, they will almost surely be locked into to return to Atlanta to play for the SEC title, a Mississippi State victory and things get very interesting. If the Bulldogs pull the upset, Alabama,, Ole Miss, and Miss State will all three be tied atop the SEC West with 1 loss. Things will be interesting to say the least.

http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_us...AB1331&dynid=83238&sku=661A0001&sid=1&wknum=8

^^^^Highlights, check out the catch in the back corner of the endzone!

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

South Carolina Remains Unbeaten
    The South Carolina Gamecocks survive in Knoxville to continue their undefeated season with a 24-16 win over the Volunteers.​

5. DC

DC Shake n Bake

The #3 huskies fall short as a resurgent Oregon st team beats their second top 10 team in 2 weeks!

The game started out with 2 big Runs by both teams! Chris Polk of the washington Huskies Broke a 73 yard Sprint for a TD. Then the next Drive, Jacquizz Rodgers ...not to be outdone , broke a 70 yard run for a TD!!
    I think the Defense played pretty good. They played great on third downs. Stopping them 40 % of the time. Just enough to win :) Another key to the game, Oregon state had over 600 yards
    of Offense and 24 1 st Downs comapred to Washingtons 472 and 17.

One sad note, The Quizz went down around halftime ..out for 2 weeks. :(

It was one great game and a fun one at that!

6. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

#4 NCSU-45
    Virginia-14

Revenge is sweet. It was 7-3 Virginia after the first quarter, and then we drove down the field and scored a TD. Next Virginia drive they through a pick six. 17-7. On the kickoff Virginia fumbled the ball and two plays later NCSU was in the endzone once again 24-7 going into half time. First string scored once more and then the backups came in. Backups offense scored once more, and then on the next drive Virginia's QB fumbled the ball on a sack and DT Ferguson took it too the house.

7. titangator

titangator Walk On

convicning win....

8. ThePaw

It's convincing when all the breaks go your way. We had two turnovers, but neither hurt us. Virgina had about four I believe. One was a pick six, one on a kickoff putting us inside the 20, and another was a fumble for a TD. That's 21 points right there. Virginia's QB was also sacked like 5 times I believe.

9. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Paw have you played any users this season?

10. ThePaw

Yes I have. I have played quietstrm

11. slim

slim Walk On

Baylor 30
    KSU 7

Our defense once again played great and really put a lot of pressure on KSU's qb. It was nice to see our running game finally get something going. Isaac Williams got the start because he has a little more speed and acc than the other 3 guys. he really showed up and ran for over 150 yards and a long td run - something we haven't had in a long time.

12. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

Wisconsin 28
    @ Northwestern 35

The Wildcats come up with a big victory over Wisconsin. The Cats were without Starting QB Persa. The Badgers had two big fumbles lost in their running game. The Wildcats had control most of the game. More of the same of from the Wildcats pass-heavy offense with a defensive that plays good enough to win. Whether this team is good or not the Cats are finding a way to win games. (5-2, 3-1). Big game with the BUCKEYES next week!! Well this week ;)

Sorry for the delay. Busy work week guys. New forum is nice.