Week 9 Summaries -

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Lee.Flex, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Week 9 Summaries -

Post them here

2. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Air Force - 34
    Colorado St - 0

Huge win for the Falcons Saturday Night. It was the best game for the Falcon Defense all year as they held the Rams to 186 Total Yards. Its was the best game for RB Stephens since his return from injury. Last week he did not look 100%, but this week he took 24 carries for 134 Yards. He also added 4 receptions for 42 yards. QB Jefferson had a good game, hitting 13/18 for 186 Yards and 2 scores. He also ran wild for 48 Yards on 10 carries for 1 TD. It was a good win for the Falcons as they go to 7-2 on the season.

Player off the Game -
    RB Stephens (Although he did not score, the offense ran through him.)

3. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Kent State Blows Up at Home

Following the 42-7 pounding WMU gave KS, the coach was furious and refused to accept his usual postgame conference, but his offensive coordinator did give us a brief comment while being visible enraged;
    "Our playmakers were on the sideline, but this is inexcusable. I am going to ride these young men hard, back to training camp for us."

The team was without numerous star players on offense:
    RB Jarvis (92ovr)
    QB Morgan (80ovr)
    WR Garner (83ovr)
    and to add insult to injury... backup RB Flowers (81ovr) goes down for 1 week on the first series of the game.

The team relied on 3rd string RB Vanderink (68ovr) who ended up turning the ball over twice. To add to the offensive woes, the team had numerous dropped passes that stalled drives.

4. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Lee>are you now bowl eligible?

5. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Yep. I will be able to pin up some Bowl Predictions next week... I think (Don't they show up Week 10... or is it after Week 10)

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I thought week 11 but not sure.

7. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

well, either way, its close. I think after this week Milmont will be eligible to. Some other teams are very close.

8. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I need to WIN OUT to be eligible......well there's always next year.

9. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Tulane 34 LSU 13
    The Green Wave got its program defining win it was looking for. Tulane traveled to bitter rival LSU and stunned the struggling Tigers without its senior HB. The box score told one story while the scoreboard told another. Tulane jumped out to a 24-6 lead in the first half by being very opportunistic on defense and rode backup RB Barnett in the second half. The team stats were almost identical except that the Tulane finished drives while the Tigers were plauged by turnovers or settled for field goals in the red zone. Tulane may be looking at a possible top 25 ranking after this weeks games finish.

10. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Can anyone play corner and cover on WKU?

WKU 41 North Texas 31

You would think if a team is forced to play their 3rd string QB it would help a struggling defense. No, not today anyway. North Texas already without their starter, lost their 2nd string QB on their first series. Their 3rd string QB comes in and throws for 390 yards 4 TDs. That was North Texas's good news, however, he threw 2 INts and lost a fumble running the option. 1 Int and the fumbled option were returned for TDs, as WKU jumped out to a 34-17 ead. After WKU came back to reality, they power ran down the field for a td to make the final 41-31.

Hayden was a beast with another 10 catches. If WKU runs the table, the Ark St game could be for the Sun Belt conference for either team. Hopefully the pass defense will find itself by then.

Oh yeah, Smith, the starting QB for WKU out since week 1 or 2 should return next week.

11. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

WKU vs Ark St might be huge. Both might not only playing for the Conference championship, but a Bowl Bid.

12. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

i know, I'm lookin forward to the battle last game of the year!

13. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Only if my pass defense gets right it will be huge. 390 yards to a 3rd string qb wasn't good.

14. Super3Way

Super3Way Guest

Had to return my ncaa game in exchange for a new one, game kept freezing. But anyways, Memphis 49 ECU 30

Defense was nowhere to be found in this game. Both teams marched up and down on each other. Memphis did get alot of pressure on the QB, but they got the yards back with ease. Memphis probably dropped 4 picks, 2 of which would have been easy 6's. Lance Smith took player of the game with 133 yards rushing and 2 TD's

15. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

thanks for keeping me informed Super, usually we have to sim any games vs CPU that are restarted, but since you kept me informed while it was going on and I could see what was going on, your all clear. BTW - nice job getting bowl eligible.

16. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

Houston down two scores in the 4th quarter, on the kickoff return, Houston took it to the house, the very next possession, Houston picked it off and tied the game. which then the next possession, forced them to punt, then u know the rest :D.... drove down the field to their 4 yd line, then kick the GW FG. 41-38 i believe was teh score!

17. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Instant classic I suppose, great job!