Week 9 - Tennessee @ South Carolina

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BigSmooth33, Feb 1, 2010.

1. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Week 9 - Tennessee @ South Carolina

So the rivalry continued...

Summary:
    Geared up to shut down Bryce Brown, my defense was caught totally off guard, as Tennessee marched down the field on their first drive, winging the ball all over the field to score an easy early touchdown. The following possession for Joe Taylor and my offense ended abruptly, deep in my own territory, throwing a wounded duck off a playaction pass that ended up in the hands of a Vol defender. Quickly down 10 - 0, the Old Ball Coach needed to dial up something on offense and defense quickly.

South Carolina marched down the field and topped off a long drive with a short Jarvis Giles TD scamper.

Second quarter started just like the first, with Tennesse's freshman sensation Will Holt darting the ball all over the field, but ending in a slightly different outcome, as Chisholm sacked Holt at the SC 11 forcing a fumble. Highly touted recruit, Rory Harmon (#1 DT of last year's recruiting class), picked up the fumble and rumbled and stumbled to the endzone for an 89 yard TD trot, giving the Gamecocks a 14 - 10 lead.

The game continued to go back and forth, as Tennessee used its passing game to control the clock.

At the end of the day, Chisholm and Alshon Jeffrey were the difference of the game. The Vols defense just couldn't figure out the Taylor - Jeffrey combination.

Great game with my most hated rival, ending in a 34 - 31 victory for the Gamecocks. Another solid showing for the visiting recruits to Columbia. Hopefully it results in a few commits. Hats off to theiv for putting together a hell of a game plan... Scouted out his previous games and stats and thought for sure he'd pound the rock with Bryce...

Key stats:
    Cocks
    Alshon Jeffrey - 6 receptions, 172 yards, 1 TD
    Chisholm - 3 sacks, FF
    Addison - 7 tackles, 2 TFL, sack, game ending INT
    Rory Harmon - Sack, fumble recovery, TD

Vols
    Will Holt 318 yards passing, 3 TD, 2 INT
    Bryce Brown 43 yards rushing, 1 rushing TD, 1 receiving TD

Plex is next... Hope to hold him off... Looks like he's got the Wildcats moving this season, and everyone knows how he has my number...