Week 9 Update

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by -4-, Jun 24, 2011.

1. -4-

-4- Walk On

Advanced to Week 9. Next Advance will be Sunday morning at 11 AM Eastern time.

Week 9 Power Rankings
    1. Ohio State (7-0)
    2. Notre Dame (6-0)
    3. Tennessee (7-0)
    4. Penn State (7-0)
    5. USC (5-1)

Week 9 Schedule
    #9 Florida State @ Maryland
    #12 Michigan State @ #23 Michigan
    Kentucky @ Florida
    Pittsburgh @ #4 Notre Dame
    #6 USC @ Arizona State
    #3 Penn State @ #1 Ohio State
    North Carolina @ #13 Miami
    #2 Tennessee @ South Carolina
    #10 Texas @ Colorado
    #7 LSU and #11 Oregon have a BYE

***GOTW***
    Unbeaten Penn State and unbeaten Ohio State square off in Columbus, as the winner takes the stranglehold lead in the Big Ten standings.

#3 Penn State (7-0, 4-0) @ #1 Ohio State (7-0, 4-0)
    OCT 22 @ Noon

Spotlight Games
    #12 Michigan State (5-2, 3-1) @ #23 Michigan (3-3, 1-2)
    North Carolina (4-3, 4-2) @ #13 Miami (6-1, 5-1)

Upset Alert
    #4 Notre Dame (6-0) hosting Pittsburgh (4-3)

2. H0TT NIKKELs

H0TT NIKKELs Walk On

@KillerNuts I am free to play anytime this weekend just let me know whats good for you

3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I'll have family over all weekend, I am pretty much limited to playing after 11 est tonight or Saturday.

4. H0TT NIKKELs

H0TT NIKKELs Walk On

ok well i would prefer to play tonight since my girl just told me she want to do something tomorrow

5. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Wow can not believe I am up to #2 in the rankings. Big matchup with LSU in a few weeks.

6. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

Throw me on autopilot -4-

I'm out of NC race, no more user games, and no recruiting. I choked on going for the 3 peat!!

7. Richard Smiley

Richard Smiley Walk On

ya i'll 2nd that i am out of the NC race, as it is and the user game with miami does not mean anything anyway and i am having NCAA 2011 football Burnout bad right now and hate playing ncaa right now. so i'll just retire since i will be retiring the 2 dynastys i run in 4 or 5 days anyway,then i can just kick back and recharge for 15 or 16 days till ncaa 2012 comes out. thx for inviting me into your dynasty.

8. Wick36

lol, yeah.

It's so hard to focus and not get bored during games now.

9. -4-

-4- Walk On

Well if everyone wants to hang it up until 12 that would be fine. Pretty lame to have half the dynasty just quit in the middle of the season but if that's what it takes for everyone to be fresh and willing to participate more then that would be fine. Lord knows a break is needed for me.

But don't want to hang it up unless everyones OK with it.

10. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

id be fine either way.. i can keep playing or if u want to hold off til 12 comes out

i also gota get a new xbl 12month membership card i know my thing runs out soon

11. H0TT NIKKELs

H0TT NIKKELs Walk On

I decided im not going to play next season in this dynasty its been fun. I didnt realize me joining this dynasty disqualify me from joining any of the newer dynastys popping up. I would like to try to join one of those. Thank you for the oppurtunity -4-

12. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

.......yeah I have been noticing that you have been trying to get into every league, new and old, with an opening. You should slow it down and establish yourself in one or two leagues. Tradition has seen WAY too many guys new to the site jump on, get in 3-4 leagues and then disappear from the site all together. I'm not saying that you would, but it happens.

Good luck with your future endeavors

13. H0TT NIKKELs

H0TT NIKKELs Walk On

Well when i first signed up i got bad advice on how to join leagues. But i talked to some one who knew what they were talking about and told me how to go about it. And by you mentioning that joining 3-4 leagues its a concern that you have that i will do it....lol But its all good.

14. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

I'm still in the hunt an plan on playing. I've got nikkels and quick left as users games and if I can get the W"s and not have Tenn jump me I should have a shot. If it's just tenn, nuts and I left put everyone on sim and let us get through it in a couple days.

15. -4-

-4- Walk On

Yeah, honestly I was thinking we could up the pace if alot of people are tired. I'm down to go with 24 hr advances or something to get the season done faster so we can all have like a week off. I do want a bit of a break, but would also like to finish the season.

I will keep playing.

I think MSU, ND, TENN, USC, OSU, FSU, MIA, and LSU would still play the rest of the season. But, not sure.

I got a message from FLA, ORE, TEX, and I think PSU that said they were out.

16. H0TT NIKKELs

H0TT NIKKELs Walk On

no i said i would finish the season but i wouldnt be back for 12

17. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

i still only got 1 loss so i think i can still get in

18. Wick36

You got bad advice on how to join new leagues? :eek: You still won't be able to join the new ones unless you're dropping RMG as well.

I'm with nautica that you shouldn't really join more than 1 or 2 leagues to start off. People always seem to start getting too busy, get a "promotion", get a girlfriend, get burnt out, or they're not doing will with a league so they drop it because they still have a bunch of others. It rarely works when people are in a bunch of leagues. When people drop, it really hurts the league. You need to find replacements, you need to hope other people won't leave, you have to make sure new guys know how you do things, etc. It can also be tough if you get a bunch of user games in a week and you can't really put in quite as much content the more thinly you're stretched.

I mean, if you think you can handle this and not have any issues...

19. H0TT NIKKELs

H0TT NIKKELs Walk On

I thank everyone for thier advice. But i never take on more than i can handle. I know what my limits are and what im capable of doing.. I was in
    6 madden franchises last year and did not miss a game or a draft. I have special circumstances that allow me to be available to play my games.

20. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

[quote="H0TT NIKKELs, post: 604889"I have special circumstances that allow me to be available to play my games.[/quote]

KillerNuts doesn't this sound like the same thing DreSmithJr said last year about this time?

Just do what you need to do

21. bhenry37

bhenry37 Walk On

I would like to finish out the season. Big game v tn next week that I have been looking forward to.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Richard Smiley

Richard Smiley Walk On

Ya it's about knowing your limits and knowing what you can do.

I have been in 5 dynastys all of ncaa 2011 and 2010 and have always had time to play user games,Sometimes i am on the commish about adving his dynasty faster lol. i hate slow dynastys, it's just about what the person can handle hell i have 7 guys on my friends list that are in 7-8 dynastys all year long for ncaa 2011 and 2010 and never retire or stop playing and they have jobs and lives but just have time too play all of those games.

23. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

I have no problem finishing out the season. I skip a few CPU games (Duke and Wake Forest) I figured the CPU could handle those teams...Besides with 2 losses I'm out of the NC picture, but would love to play a spoiler and mess someone else season up..LOL

• Like Like x 1
  24. Wick36

KillerNuts doesn't this sound like the same thing DreSmithJr said last year about this time?

Just do what you need to do[/quote]
    haha, yeah.

He had all the time in the world, but then black ops came out and then he got deployed, iirc.

I think he had like 7 leagues.

25. bhenry37

bhenry37 Walk On

Sent Tennessee a xbl message about our game and have not seen him on or heard from him.