Week #9: Vikings (41) vs Cards (37)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Emmdotfrisk, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Week #9: Vikings (41) vs Cards (37)

FAVRE AND AP DO IT AGAIN!
    Brett Favre and Adrian Peterson's last second heroics send the Vikings to 3-5 in the Metrodome.

[​IMG]
    Vikes QB Brett Favre completed 16 of 26 passes for 341 yards with 4 TD's.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Minnesota Vikings (3-5,1-1) gained their 3rd win of the season in an offensive battle with the Arizona Cardinals. With 3 of 4 starting secondary players out with injury, the Vikings found themselves twiddling their thumbs trying to stop the Cardinals passing game.

The gameplan was to focus on zone matchups. Cardinals rookie QB Skelton looked very impressive connecting on 16 of 26 passes for 416 yards. The Cardinals offensive coordinators did well of mixing short crosses with deep bombs to continually test the Vikings coaching. As you can see they didn't do a very good job. Fortunately the offense played lights out. Brett Favre continues to shine as he leads the NFL in passing, despite his careless turnovers.

Adrian Peterson performed well against a very talented 3-4 defense, rushing for 170 yards on 17 carries with a TD. The Cardinals rush game was handled quite well by the very powerful Viking front four. The Cardinals did well to counter their passing rushing aggressiveness with several screen passes for medium to long games.

The Vikings receiving core was led by by crafty TE Visanthe Shiancoe who caught 5 passes for 113 yards with 2 TD's. The Cardinals receiving core was a platoon with 9 players all totalling at least one catch. Big props to Skelton and the offensive coordinators for mixing up their routes and receivers.

The game was back and forth as both teams traded scores and seemed unable to stop eachother. The Cardinals jumped to a huge lead after halftime as they put up 17 points in the third to go up on the Vikes by 10. The Vikes buckled down, answering the 10 point deficit with their own 10 points. The Cardinals jumped to a 3 point lead with just over a minute left in the game. The Cardinals brought out their pass defense. The Cardinals managed to sack Favre two plays in a row to bring it to 4th and 20 on their 36 yard line. The Vikings sent 5 wr's out and with the middle third slightly under covered Favre took a chance and threw up a prayer to Adrian Peterson running a streak. AP comes down with the pass on the 10 and glides into the endzone to win the game 41-37. The crowd goes wild and every Cards fan's jaw drops!

GG CoachWest, I had a good time and it was lots of fun! GL the rest of the season.

2. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Yes.... We were Favred.... Not once.. Not Twice.... But Thrice times lol

One TD in the second Quarter was in the back of the endzone staring at a safety, Favre threw it up with double coverage jumping for the ball it went through their chests TD. Then on 4th and FOREVER on the last drive Favre threw it up for grabs, somehow Peterson comes down with it and scores like a 70 yard TD...

IT was almost like, "See Coach we can win but, we don't want anyone to know :)"

GG Frisk, I'll catch you next time!!

3. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Yea, the Cardinals run the screen pass better than any other opponent I've faced.

4. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

... Hey Now!... stop giving away my game plan :)

5. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Frisk did it...not me! I only said you're good at it.