Week 9: Vikings v. 49ers

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by JSimms, Feb 15, 2012.

1. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Dtown

When can you play our Week 9 game? I'm available any time after 6:30 PM CST on Thursday, or any time Saturday morning. Let me know what works best for you...

JSimms

2. JSimms

Dtown

Can you play tonight??

3. Dtown

Dtown Walk On

I can do friday night around 9 or 10 cst . My sat is open as of now

4. JSimms

I can't go Friday night; I have an event to go to for work. Also, the advance is Friday night. Any way you can play our game tonight? I can go pretty late if necessary.…

5. Dtown

Dtown Walk On

JSimms I jst saw your lst post maybe we can ask for a delay so we can play it tonight at some point. What time will your event be over?

6. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

7. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Im aware of the situation. I don't push advances, typically. It would be up to one of the admins, specifically RynoAid if he wants push the advance. Shaun Mason would also be the person to ask. If its up to me though, we aren't waiting.

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Why the short advance this time?

9. Keller

We advance 3 times per 7 days. We advanced last Sunday night, Wednesday and will advance again very late tonight and again on Sunday. That is the schedule we've had for past week.

Typically I try to break up the advances as best I can but with Tuesday being Valentines Day, I figured most people would be busy Tuesday night - and they were if I remember correctly when looking at the scores and most games hadn't been played. That means our advance was Wednesday and that puts us a tad behind schedule but again, we did this same schedule last week. Also, I let everyone know ahead of time what our advances were going to be like this week.

Had I advanced us on Tuesday, that would have meant that advance was shorter and one of the other two were longer..... as long as people know ahead of time I don't think it should matter.

10. JSimms

Keller RynoAid Shaun Mason Dtown

Depending upon what time you guys plan on advancing tonight, I should be able to head out of the event early and make it home for a 10:00 or 11:00 PM start time (11 at the latest). Assuming that Dtown can make this work, would you guys mind holding off on the advance until 11 or midnight tonight?? I know we have stood firm on advance dates in the past, but this was an extremely short advance period (LATE Wed Night - Fri Night).

JSimms

11. JSimms

and Dtown, please reply to my message or tag me by using the @ symbol before my forum name so that I get alerted when you've provide me with a response...

12. Keller

I have no problem waiting for you guys tonight. Ive been saying for awhile that the advance will be LATE tonight.

The advance pace is the same as it was last week. If this window was longer, a different one would be shorter.

13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Going to be a lot of sims.

14. Keller

If you think its going to be a problem, talk with Ryno and work out what the advance schedule should be. Ryno left it in my hands and, as has been the case since we started season 2, we advance roughly 3 times every 7 days. I feel like the pace is important to keep people interested - if we need to stagger the days a bit better in order to accommodate people better thats fine but my preference is still 3 every 7 days.

• Like Like x 1
  15. JSimms

That sounds good, Keller. I'll do my best to keep you updated on exactly when we are planning to play. I like the 3 advances per week, and wouldn't want to change it; just requesting an hour or two flexibility every so often.

16. Keller

Flexibility is fine, especially Friday night when everyone is out and about and I'll be up late anyways.

17. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I think that advancing Saturday morning consistently would allow people to have two weekend nights to schedule and play games...most of us have MORE time on the weekends.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dtown

Dtown Walk On

Why wouldn't I make it work Jsimms ? I Think it was my idea to play lat tonight and I asked Keller about the adv situation jst be on @ the above time CST THX

19. Keller

That is usually what I try to do, advancing in the middle of the day saturday to allow games to be played before an after, but thats not always possible. If I get some commissioners to help me, maybe it can be.

20. JSimms

I wasn't implying that you couldn't make it work, was hoping you could play a little later if possible. Again, just make sure you're tagging people when you respond. Thanks, JSimms

21. JSimms

Dtown - I got home early, and can play whenever. I'm on now and will wait for you...

22. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

yea i like this idea