Week 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Colemanchu, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Feb 23, 2009
    Week 9

Advance again tuesday night. Two user games: Notre Dame vs Rutgers and Va Tech vs Boston College.
  2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Jul 13, 2009
    I got a 5 star, a 4 star, and a 3 star commited after week 8 visits. Not the rush I was hoping for but it is a start. Hopefully I can lock down a few more players since they all had A+ visits.
  3. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

Jul 10, 2009
    #3 Cincinnati - 49
    Syracuse - 17

QB Zach Collaros got to go up against his old team, and he had a pretty tough time. Somehow my QB Chazz Anderson is now #1 in the Heisman Race, and he had a pretty good game against Syracuse, throwing for two TDs and running for 2. Backup running back Darin Williams (who is still filling in for Isaiah Pead after his week 1 injury who should be back in four weeks) had a HUGE day, running for well over 100 yards, three TDs on the ground, and one catch which went for a TD. This offense is just full of talent. It's a shame that pretty much all of them will be gone next year. :(
  4. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Feb 22, 2009
    #4 Rutgers - 21
    #8 ND - 17

ND got out to a 17 - 0 lead early in the 3rd quarter, thanks in part to some lucky/clutch 4th down conversions in the 1st quarter and a pick 6 by Te'o in the 3rd. As predicted though the lack of QB Dayne Crist and RB Cierra Wood doomed the Irish as the Rutgers O caught fire in the 3rd and 4th and ND was unable to move the ball offensively to answer or eat clock. Regardless of the injuries though, I should never give up 21 unanswered in a half and was a very disappointing loss. Backup QB Shelton Joseph simply could not hit a couple open receivers to extend drives late in the game.
  5. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Jun 29, 2009
    Boston College @ Virginia Tech (L 42-21)

BC was way overmatched in this one. The offense was able to move the ball with quite a bit of success, but the defense again, could not stop the Hokies at all. They only punted once and never turned the ball over. To make matters worse, RB Montel Harris is out for yet another 4 weeks.

The coach had this to say:“We can't continue to give up 40-50 points a game. Our offense is good, but they are not capable of putting up those kinds of numbers in order to win games. We need to get recruits in here and fast.”
  6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Sep 23, 2009
    Good game fruchey, I agree once you get some faster athletes on defense your team will be tough to handle. Logan Thomas and Ryan Williams just out ran your linebackers. I look forward to many more ACC battles with you.
  7. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Feb 21, 2009
    Hey I'll get my game in, but it might not be until late tonight, like around midnight est, if thats ok.