Week 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gt86, Jan 18, 2010.

1. gt86

gt86 Walk On

Week 9

This will be a short summary

Cowboys and their owner cheese the Bears in the words of the Bears owner by kicking a 59 yd Fg at the end on the 1st half and throwing a 3 yd drag route for a 1st down in the 3rd qtr on 3rd and 3 so they could keep killing the clock while up by 24 pts.

Cowboys cheese their way to a win 45-14

2. scarface

scarface Walk On

GOD DAMN RIGHT IT WAS CHEESE...
    I didnt deserve to win at all but you didnt need to cheese to win and then try and run up the score too.
    You go 4 wide and pass the ball when you were up by 24 in the 4th qtr, you claim it was to run the clock but you scored a TD on the next play....
    And a 59 yard FG is BS too BTW, you know it I know it but if its in the game its in the game....

Whatever GT you post all kinds of BS on these forums and are an old time mega owner so you should know better, maybe your ass is still sore from the Boys losing to the vikes and me LOLing you about it....

I havent said a word to any other owner about how they played this year.

3. bigmandy54

bigmandy54 mac54

Well he did the same shit to me running the clock down with 6min left in the 4Qtr but i dont care cause it was a sub. but he ran the playclock to 10sec everytime. i didnt know and didnt what to say anything cause i'm new in the league.

But I later read the rule book (03.04) and it say to run the clock down with 3min left in the game or under 2min in the first half.

4. gt86

gt86 Walk On

Scar it was in the 3rd since you say I was up by 24 and my last score came with 7:51 left in the 4th qtr. My last score was a 29 yd run by Barber at the start of the 4th. It was a adamn 3 yd pass get over it it's not like it was a 30 yd bomb. What am I suppose to do just run on 3rd and 3 in the 3 rd qtr and give the ball back to you so you can possibly get to within 17 points and going into the 4th I don't think so. If all you have to complain about is a 59 yd Fg and a 3 yd pass then you need to shut up. But don't worry about it I've left Mags a message saying either you go or I do because I've had enough of you all you've done since we started the Ps3 league is attack people and bitch and moan. SO one way or another the situation will be handle and if that is by me leaving so be it I'm to damn old and have to many more important things in live to get stressed out and pissed off about than your Bs.

Mandy yes I ran the clock down on you with 6 mins left Jesus I'm up 24 pts with 6 mins left in the game, what did you want me to do throw up more points on you? That running the clock rule is meant for close games not blow outs, I'm not going to play my normal game when i'm up big in the 4th qtr because I don't want to runb the score up.

Jesus Fing christ I have never heard in my life people bitching about someone not runnign up the score, Ok I'm an ass for not running up the scor eon you Mandy.

5. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Hope noone ends up leaving over something so petty.

And GT I agree with you it - a 24 point lead in the 3rd is NOT game over. Plenty of time to come back in a game with turnovers and easy kick & punt returns.

I recently rubbed my opponent the wrong way running a long TD and blitzing while up 11 and 18 points respectively, but felt and feel that those leads were not insurmountable given the time left, his timoeouts, and his ofense which could not be stopped by me all game.

And your young kicker has a strong leg so kudos for you for kicking the 59 yarder. Folk can barely hit from 45 yards - so if you have a weapon that can put 3 on the board from that far out good for you.

As far as MAndy's complaint I see how you would try not to run score up, but I can also see how it could be taken the wrong way. When people kill clock - even in blowouts - I hate it cause it just makes the game so boring sitting around and waiting with 6 or 7 minutes on the clock. Personally I think the clock killing should only be for inside 3 minutes, but that is just a personal preference.

For my future opponents - by all means run score up - I would rather get meaningful gametime practice for my defense and won't take offense to any "rubbing it in". Seriously. Keep playing until the end.

Sportmanship and losing gracefully is something some owners need to work on. There have been some minor issues I have had with things after losses, but I'd rather lose like a man, give kudos to my opponent, and move on. The league and Mags deserves that much from me.

6. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Hope noone ends up leaving over something so petty.

And GT I agree with you it - a 24 point lead in the 3rd is NOT game over. Plenty of time to come back in a game with turnovers and easy kick & punt returns.

I recently rubbed my opponent the wrong way running a long TD and blitzing while up 11 and 18 points respectively, but felt and feel that those leads were not insurmountable given the time left, his timoeouts, and his ofense which could not be stopped by me all game.

And your young kicker has a strong leg so kudos for you for kicking the 59 yarder. Folk can barely hit from 45 yards - so if you have a weapon that can put 3 on the board from that far out good for you.

As far as MAndy's complaint I see how you would try not to run score up, but I can also see how it could be taken the wrong way. When people kill clock - even in blowouts - I hate it cause it just makes the game so boring sitting around and waiting with 6 or 7 minutes on the clock. Personally I think the clock killing should only be for inside 3 minutes, but that is just a personal preference.

For my future opponents - by all means run score up - I would rather get meaningful gametime practice for my defense and won't take offense to any "rubbing it in". Seriously. Keep playing until the end.

Sportmanship and losing gracefully is something some owners need to work on. There have been some minor issues I have had with things after losses, but I'd rather lose like a man, give kudos to my opponent, and move on. The league and Mags deserves that much from me.

7. scarface

scarface Walk On

I am 1-7 this year and havent spoke about anyones game or anything guys have scored alot on me BUT it was done in the flow of a game.

GT has been in mega a LONG time and he knows up by 24 and 3rd and short and go with him, late in the 3rd its courtesy to just run the ball and not try and score, he wanted to keep the clock movinfg so he scores on the next play? a TD when a FG would have sealed the deal???

Say what you guys want but he knows what he did in this game and I will call him on it and anyone else.

I dont care if I lose I lost to miller and told him GG...

8. scarface

scarface Walk On

BTW GT yes you should have ran it and tried for the first down not go 4 wide and pass it.
    also if you kick the FG there if you didnt get the first then whats the score? Still out of reach. especially the way the game was going.

you think what you want Ill think what I want and we will leave it at that. BY THE WAY I only responded to your post here because of the ignorance in your recap.

P.S. LOL to what you said to Hoyt..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. bigmandy54

bigmandy54 mac54

gt86 all i said that you run the clock down it was boring playing with you does last min. yes you could problem score a td or a fg but i could have work on my offense on you i i'm not going to cry if i get blown out. i'm here to play the game all the way until time runs out. or 3min left like the rules say.

gt86 I hope you don't leave you are a great gamer i just want to play by the rules that all !

10. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

As for the argument above, i often worry about offending my opponent by running the clock down to much/jacking to score up to high. For someone with a target on his back, if you lean one way or another too much, they will flip there lid. This is how i do it. i pick my play with 32-28 on the play clock, let them mosey to the line as there own pace and snap it around the 15-20 second mark. This allows to clock to be running 20 to 30 seconds every play if the clock was running to begin with. Week 9 result and summary to follow.

11. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

49ers(24) @ Rams(42)

Week nine pitted the undefeated rams hosting division rival 49ers in the final game of the season series. In the first game the of the season the rams defeated the 49ers in SanFran 40-35 and hoped to keep the streak going with another win again the high powered 49ers and skilled coach gaddy.

The 49ers won the coin toss and deferred to the second half so the rams got the ball first and did a whole bunch of nothing, after a 3 and out the 49ers got the ball on their own 35. A couple plays later backup runningback glen coffee busted some tackles and took a pass 55 yards for the score. The rams didnt do much the rest of the first quarter as gaddy and his defense had steven jackson under control and rams qb mark bulger had yet to get hot.
    The rams would get on the board finally deep into the second quarter with a FG by josh brown but gave enough time to gaddy to do something with. Gaddy went with do the opposite of what the rams thought they were going to do and ran it time after time down the field with less than 2 minutes left. Star rb frank fore got into the endzone on a 2 yard run with 13 seconds left in the half. Halftime score 49ers 14 rams 3
    On their first possession in the second half, the 49ers drove down the field and scored on a run by frank gore to make it 21-3. The rams and coach ox were getting worried and decided if they were going to come back, it was going to be in the hands of their playmakers. Kick returner/wr Avery took this to heart and returned the ensuing kickoff 104 yards for the score to make it 21-10. The rams defense took the momentum and held the 49ers to another 3 and out and josh brown closed the lead to 21-13 midway though the 3rd. After a missed FG by 49ers kicker Nedney, Steven Jackson got his beast on and scored a rushing touchdown and the 2 point conversion to tie the game 21-21 with seconds left in the 3rd.
    The forth started with the 49ers driving down the field but the rams defense stiffened in the redzone and held the 49ers to just a FG. The rams knew this was the first opportunity to take the lead and they took it with another TD to Steven Jackson from 6 yards out. 49ers 24 rams 28. The 49ers would drive again but after a huge hit, Michael Crabtree fumbled and the Rams recovered. On the next play, Steven Jackson broke tackle after tackle and took it 52 yards for the score and win. The play of the game is shown here http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/15996871 Steven Jackson would bust another big one when the rams were trying to run the clock out to make the final score 49ers 24 @ rams 42.

Key stats-
    1st downs: Rams 9 49ers 24
    TOP: Rams 12minutes 49ers 20 minutes

Players of the game:
    Steven Jackson - 17 rush 171 yards 4 total TDs
    D. Avery - 4 rec 129 yards, 103 yd kickoff TD

GG gaddy, you probably would have won if your woman had not flipped her lid at you. 3-0 over two leagues now! Holding back a tad due to the circumstances but anyways man i hope you get everything fixed up right at home and we all hope you return to the league ASAP. Hit me up on Q if you need to talk buddy.

12. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Packers beat The Eagles 32-10, Crosby hit 6 FG and rogers had 2 TD passes as Green Bay moves to 6-2 on the year. Rookie Hb LeRon James had another nice day putting up 128 yds rushing. THX Big Mandy for filling in.

13. Millertime

Millertime Guest

Jets 23, Browns 10

The Jets looked for their 2nd straight win as they hosted the Browns. The game started off with a well sustained drive by the Browns; taking up almost 5 minutes of the 1st quarter clock. But Jets' MLB David Harris picked off Derek Anderson deep in the redzone to stall the drive and finally give the Jets a chance on offense.

On the ensuing play, Mark Sanchez hooked up with rookie WR Jamarion Bellows for a 74 yard TD; giving NY a 7-0 lead. But it didn't take long for the Browns to answer as Anderson connected with Braylon Edwards for a 58 yard TD. The game was tied at 7-7 after the 1st quarter.

A Jay Feely FG would account for all the scoring in the 2nd quarter as both defenses tightened up, giving NY a 17-7 lead at the half.

In the 2nd half, Rex Ryan's defense took control; limiting the Browns to just a FG. Feely connected on two more FG's, and Mark Sanchez connected with Jericho Cotchery for a TD to lead the Jets' offense in the 2nd half.

Jets prevail, 23-10. Good game Trashyman.

14. Millertime

Millertime Guest

What did I miss, another GT-Scar fight? I can't imagine a season going by without at least one of those. :)

15. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

Carolina visited Arizona in a game full of offense, almost 1,000 yards between the two teams.

Scoring started with a lengthy Panthers drive. The Cardinals defense would find itself faced with 1st and goal from the 2-yard line and would hold the Cats rushing attacked, forcing a 4th and inches, which was converted luckily by QB Vince Young. Answering right back however, was Matt Ryan, finding Jacoby Jones wide open for a 70 yard touchdown pass. Total time of possession after the first quarter was Carolina 7:23 to Arizona 0:27.

The visiting team continued to pound the ball up the gut, and Arizona's Beanie Wells was doing a great job rushing - until he got hurt. Both teams traded touchdowns in the second quarter. Then HB Mike Goodson would duck, dodge and weave his way to a 55 yard score. On the next play, Matt Ryan would throw to the wrong coloured shirt, which turned into a hard-fought 3pts by the Panthers. Score was 24-14 at the half for Carolina.

In the 3rd quarter, everything fell apart for Carolina. Things started ominously enough with DeAngelo Williams fumbling the ball, which he recovered. Then on the next play, he fumbled again! This time it was recovered by Arizona and Steve Breaston would score from 8 yards out on a pass from Ryan. Then Vince Young would throw an interception across the middle. The Cardinals would have to settle for a field goal after a play-action pass went awry and Matt Ryan was hit and fumbled for a 10 yard loss. Suddenly it was a tie game with a quarter to go!

Momentum shifted once again with the Panthers putting together a much needed 4 minute drive, with a 5 yard touchdown pass to DeAngelo Williams. Matt Ryan then threw 3 interceptions in a row. The first led to a 70 yard screen pass touchdown to Steve Smith. The second was nullified when DeAngelo Williams fumbled for his 3rd time, and the third sealed the victory for the visitors as they would kneel out for the win.

Final Score
    Panthers 38
    Cardinals 24

gg eh!

Notables

Arizona Rookie DT Alain Jackson - 7 tackles, 2 forced fumbles

Carolina HB Mike Goodson - 4car 70yds, 2 touchdowns

16. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

If you include littlemandys subbing for various owners I think he has got a 6 or 7 game losing streak on his hands. Way to represent MAC! PFP is embarrassed by your performance :(

17. bigmandy54

bigmandy54 mac54

Tank don't talk trash if you don't have the facts right. And you lost too in your subs games

18. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

Raiders 45
    Texans 17

Raiders get back on track after a tuff loss in week 8. Raiders scored quickly, 1st play from scrimmage WR Heyward-Bey went 67 yards for the TD. 2 minutes later, RB Mcfadden would score on a 2 yd run. Houston would find the endzone on their next drive, Schaub hit Johnson from 10 yds out to get on the board. Raiders next drive stahls but Jano hit a 54 yd FG to extend the Raiders lead 17-7 at the end of the 1st quarter. Raiders stayed strong in the second, scoring on a 9 yd pass to FB O'neal and then returning a fumble 21 yards to take a comanding lead, 31-7. Houston would not quit though, and the Raiders D actually had its troubles trying to contain the Texans high powered offense. Boldin would catch a 20 yd TD strike and Brown connected on a 27 yard FG to end the 2nd quarter. Raiders D would shut out the Texans in 2nd half while the Raider offense would score once in the 3rd and one more time in the 4th to get their 7th win of the season,

GG Hendrix

19. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

PITTSBURGH, PA - The Steelers and Ravens have played several close games and this one would be no exception. After a thrilling 4 quarters, the Ravens would need most of overtime to finally polish off their division rival. The game opened with a solid drive by Baltimore which stalled out. With the wind at his back, Hauschka drilled a 50 yard FG that just cleared the crossbar for an early 7-0 lead. The teams would trade possessions, including a crazy fumble by Donald Driver who looked as if he was breaking away for a TD. The Steelers cashed in as the 2nd quarter started. Big Ben zipped a ball to Santonio Holmes for a 7-3 lead. The Ravens would push the ball to the goalline on their next drive, electing to try on 4th and goal from the one. McClain appeared to cross the goalline, but the refs huddled and denied the score. The Steelers took over and Antwaan Barnes hit Parker in the endzone to record a safety. 7-5 Steelers. Again, strong defenses forced punts, and Flacco took over for a good 2 minute drill. He caught Williams with a step on his defender for a 34 yard TD grab. With the 2 pt try unsuccessful, the Ravens took an 11-7 lead to the locker room.

Pitt captured momentum and got Heinz Field rocking as Logan returned the opening kick 98 yards like a bullet. 14-11 Steelers. Baltimore pounded away with Ray Rice and good passes from Flacco. Devan Nieves capped the drive with a 3 yard run to reclaim the lead for B'more 18-14. Into the 4th quarter and the Ravens couldn't seem to put Pitt away. Rice lost a fumble after breaking out of 2 tackles to end a drive. The Ravens D would force another punt, and the offense would drive to the goalline again. Rather than risk a turnover, the FG team was sent out to give the Ravens a 21-14 lead. The Raven defense would hold on several occasions, but another fumble late by the offense would give the Steelers a glimmer of hope. Roethlisberger orchestrated a game-tying drive late, capped by a 7 yard toss to Wallace. On to overtime tied at 21.

The Ravens won the toss and took the ball. Rice broke free for a big run, and Todd Heap had a big reception to get the Ravens in FG range. Hauschka came on to end the game, but his FG was pushed by the wind and nipped the upright and bounced out. That would set the Steelers up with good field position, but again the Raven defense wouldn't budge. Pitt punted, and the Ravens drove again with Rice and Nieves doing most of the work. This time, Hauschka's 41 FG was true, giving the Ravens a 24-21 win with little time left.

GG Hoyt!

Rice / Nieves - 32 carries, 126 yds, TD / 5 rec, 95 yards
    Flacco - 17-26-323 yds, TD, INT
    Roethlisberger - 15-24-165yds 2 TD
    Parker - 14 carries, 37 yards

20. hoytpower

hoytpower Walk On

GG Mags it was a fun one.

21. Trashyman44

Trashyman44 THELOU CRUSHER

gg miller