Week 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ChickenOfTheSea, Oct 5, 2009.

1. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Week 9

Guess I beat Jersey to this.

2. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Seattle 27-14 over Detroit.

Wow, alot of guys i think I should beat, this was not one of them. JC has been doing awesome things with a horrible team, figured after dropping a game to Juggernaut, that for sure i was a goner here.

But i guess thats why we play the games,

Seattle get the ball first, (Det deferred) drives to the 32 and stalls, Mare misses the chipshot FG SHORT!
    But Stafford does us a huge favor and throws the first play on offense right back to Tatupu, Northcutt didnt get his head around in time. Right away Lions show their pressure D, stuffing everything along the line. and shaking up Hb Arrington. His replacement comes in and catches a wicked screen then breaks one tackle and goes 54 yards for the score.

7-0 Seattle.

Lions roar back and tie it up on short PA pass to the FB, JC ran that play as perfectly as Ihave seen it done, i will be practicing it this week to add it to my bag of plays I may remember to use.

7-7.

Seattle get it back and goes back to work, Detroit was on a mission to kill the run and pressure Hasslebeck, which they did mostof the day, with the exception of a few key plays. under a full rush Hass finds Dieon Branch in the slot over the safety and delivers a perfect deep ball. untouched for 73 yards and the score.

14-7 Seattle after 1.

Lions turn it over 2 times in the 2nd. First a pick that setup a short drive ending in a Houshmanzedah TD catch, then again when Detriot was driving in the 2 minute. again this time a fumble after a catch at midfield, not really a fumble, guy got hit, ball came out never hit the ground, could have been called an int too although it was a good throw. sets up the hawks for a a last second FG to end the half.

24-7 Hawks @ Halftime.

2nd half Seattle just mainly played Keep away and played it safe, Hasslebeck threw a goalline pick on the 2nd half opening drive for seattle. and Stafford threw another one to Safety Babineaux.

But otherwise it was just Detroit not catching any breaks and Seattle finally being able to run a little.

In Summary, Seattle diagonosed the Blitz well and picked it up for most of the day, got all the bounces, and made the plays when they had to. Detroits Dbs dropped a few passes in their hands, couldnt take advantage of their stops and got hurt all across the team throughout the game.

GG JC, had fun, hope you did, one offseason pregression for Stafford and hes gonna be unstoppable, that moblity and the touch? Wow.

3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Great write-up man. I don't mind losing to guys that play like you, straight up football. I was mixing up where I brought the blitz from all game long, and each time you found the opening. That screen TD in the first quarter was a back-breaker....I think it was on 3rd and 20. I think the game was lost in the 2nd quarter when Bryant Johnson fumbled after a huge gain. I haven't had much problem stopping people on 3rd down this season but I couldn't get it done against you. Look forward to playing you again.

4. RRAH x2

RRAH x2 Guest

Dolphins 31- Pats 28. Miami lost starting QB Henne in the 1st Qtr for 2 weeks with a knee injury. The Dolphins were still able to come out of Foxboro with the W, despite losing thier starting QB and RB. We won by a FG at the end of regulation, beating out the "Shugg Makino Show" offense of the Pats.

5. hurdrs123

hurdrs123 Walk On

The Bengals where left wondering "If only we had Carson Palmer" as J.T. O'Sullivan threw 6 picks including a pick 6 to Ed Reed to end the game as the Ravens get their third straight win under their new coach in dominant fashion 41-10.

The Ravens D got off to a slow start giving up 10 in the first on 2 huge plays, but after that they played as expected shutting out the Bengals over the next 3 quarters. The offense played well with Joe Flacco throwing for 3 td's and the rushing attack returning back to form. The Ravens now get set to head to Cleveland where control of the AFC North is up for grabs between the 5-3 Ravens and 5-3 Browns

(On a side note they really need to fix the kickoff return blocking, I took the opening kick off all the way back to the house only to have it come back because some idiot tackle ran all the way down the field to the opposite 20 then turned around as I only had green in front of me and ran all the way back to block a Bengal in the back)

6. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Whoops. That's messed up. See you next week in Cleveland. Hopefully I fare better than I did a few weeks ago in B-More.

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Makino whatta beast

8. RRAH x2

RRAH x2 Guest

Tell me about it... did you see that stat line? It was ridiculous.. not to mention a Kick Return

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

GB 24 TB 20

Both teams played well. TB had the passing down with 271 yards through the air. GB has the run game established. Brian Westbrook rushed for 148 yards and 3 TDs.

GG Beazus..had a hard time stopping that pass.

10. Romoisajedi

Romoisajedi Walk On

Titans @ 49ers

what a battle,

ended 52-35 niners but was back and forth with many explosive plays,

Nate Davis was calm cool and collected, Frank Gore got Player of the game with 166 yards on 23 carries and 3 TD's

Crabtree had a solid game going for 148 yards on 9 catches and 1 72 yard score.

Patrick Willis had a huge pick 6 to swing the momentum to the niners for good....

gg,

11. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Chargers come out down 0-21, then come back agasint the giants and play no defense all game. Giants score on every possesion they have the ball. Comes down to last drive chargers blitz 11 men every time and still cant stop bradshaw from getting a first down. Lose by 7

GG

12. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

[​IMG]

It was a crazy game really barely any stops on D by either team only difference why i won was not turning the ball over. I came out scored on first drive then returned an INT for a TD. On the kickoff i forced another turnover and was up early 21-0 but the chargers battled back. He played a 7-9 man front all game so Jacobs was shut down and then got injured in the 3rd. Bradshaw came in had some long runs but when i was up 7 with less than 5 to go he fumbles on the weakest tackle possible which is returned for a TD by the chargers. At this point the game is tied next play i call a screen pass to smith he takes is 70 something yards for the score. By then my D was running on empty but they had enough to make to make 4 straight stops on passing attempts in the red zone to get the ball back to my offense which ran out the clock.

Stats

Giants
    Bradshaw 12-176 yds 1 TD 1 F
    Manning 14-17 260 yards 2 Tds

Chargers
    Tomlinson 10rec 91 yds/15att 60 yds 1 TD
    Rivers 29-49 364 yds 3 tds 2 ints

13. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

double post

14. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

In a classic NFC East showdown, the Eagles come out on top @ home against the Cowboys 35-28. Felix Jones did all he can to try and beat the eagles running 2 kickoffs back and scoring on the ground but the eagles held up intercepting a tony romo pass on the last play of the game to seal the deal. McNabb played about as good as you will ever see him play going 17-23 281 yds and 2 tds with no picks and both td's going to brent celek who caught 5 passes for 112 yds but was injured. Both eagles running backs also chipped in scoring a td a piece and combining for 153 yds rushing

15. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Good game LB. I actually thought I could contain your offense after the first drive or so because it didn't seem like anything special but you just bread and buttered me up and down the field and I couldn't stop it. Ryan Grant off tackle was killing me and then Magnum P.I. Brent Celek and Reggie Brown down the middle were there on almost every big play. I had a couple chances to gain control, like that 3rd and 23 deep in your territory that you managed to convert, but overall the Cowboys were lucky as hell (Lucky = Felix Jones going crazy on kick returns) to be in the game.

16. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

man, felix jones was absolutley killing me! So was Roy Williams. Like every time you needed a conversion, 3rd and anything, he was there to get it. Barber was puttin in work too! And yea, Celek played super big for me lol he got a bonus check in the mail lol