Week 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BDSDIGITAL, Oct 9, 2009.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Week 9

Sorry Lil Maggie, I wanted to get my thing posted. I won't be around much this weekend. This is a huge weekend in the ACC race. There are two really pivotal games, one in each division. I don't pay attention to the SEC guys so much of course, but good luck to Miami again this week.

Florida St. @ Maryland MD -3

Maryland is cruising right along. They're at home and I think they win this one by a score. This is a big one, with the winner seemingly in the driver seat for a trip to Jacksonville. I have a hunch Maryland wins this one.

Auburn @ Ole Miss Ole Miss -5

Auburn is pretty good, but again the home field will be the difference. Ole Miss takes this one and gets one step closer to Atlanta.

Florida @ Georgia UF -7

I'm glad Florida has more user games this year. Georgia is no gimme, especially between the hedges. Florida get's their first real scare this week. Florida is the favorite, but don't count Georgia out.

North Carolina @ Miami Over/Under 45

I won't call a line in this game. Even if I did it would be 3 or less one way or another. This game is huge for ACC Coastal positioning. VT, NC, and Miami all have 1 conference loss so we're basically starting a mini round robin tournament right now. These are two teams that want to run the ball. Look for a low scoring close ball game.

Pitt @ LSU LSU -10

Pittsburgh also has a 2' tall speedster that is hard to catch like a little chicken. I harbor ill will toward Pittsburgh. I hope LSU breaks the back of every offensive starter.

Virginia Tech @ Boston College VT -9.5

Boston College is the classic average team. Vt wins no problem.

Tennessee @ South Carolina SC-3

Tennessee is running out of time.

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Not paying attention to the SEC is obvious hahaha. UF got their first scare a couple weeks ago on the road at Bama.

Also, this is the classic worlds largest outdoor cocktail party so we won't be going between the hedges. We'll be settling this on neutral ground in Jacksonville.

The Gators are on a bye this week and chomping at the bit to go play their hated rival Georgia.

"That team and Coach Hova is putting up ridiculous numbers this season. Their freshman QB is averaging 350+ passing yards per game and Caleb King is averaging 150+ on the ground. We're going to have our work cut out for us on the defensive side of the ball in this one." -Coach KSherm

3. BDSDIGITAL

Well duh. They have hedges in Jacksonville too you know. :D Something else about Jacksonville that alot of people don't know is that the 95 going through downtown has been under construction for no less than 4 years. Heavy construction too. What the hell is that about? I think they ran out of money for the project. It's the biggest pain in the ass. Probably the biggest pain driving in the entire south. Other than Atlanta during rush hour (n)

My bad. I wasn't really thinking about it. I won't be around this weekend so I jumped into the dynasty real quick this morning on my way out the door and jotted the match ups down.

4. GoGators

hahaha....it's cool. I appreciate your work. I was just giving you a hard time. The forums been a little dead lately and I'm bored out of my mind at work.

I agree that Jax probably has run out of money. If they didn't have the cocktail party I think that stadium and the jaguars would be closed up and moved to LA.

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Were hoping for the upset, the talent on florida is endless. Georgia gains a little ground this year but still look to be underdogs. A huge game in the SEC race

6. GoGators

The streak is over. After 21 consecutive wins, UF finally stumbles.

Georgia takes a huge win this year in Jacksonville beating UF 42 - 35 in overtime. Georgia played a great game. Their defense was punishing knocking Jeff Demps and Maurkice Pouncey both out for the season. Then when UF thought it was OK to have Chris Rainey as it's HB, UGA knocked him out of the game as well.

Down to their 3rd string running back, UF became one dimensional. Brantley only completed 42% of his passes against the dime and quarter coverages UGA played and was sacked 5 times due to the human pass rush.

On defense UF struggled to slow the UGA running game. Caleb King toted the rock 35 times for 249 yards introducing UF to the wild cat for the first time.

"We just couldn't get our defense off the field in this one. It was a tough game to watch." -Coach KSherm after the game

Great game from Hova. He played extremely well. UGA can now clinch the SEC East crown by winning 1 of it's next 2 SEC games vs Auburn or Kentucky.

7. BDSDIGITAL

Congrats Hova. Good to see that you're human after all Gators :)

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

How is that possible?!? The wildcat (especially the wildcat spread) is awesome. I just wish that my team's playbook in this OD had it.

9. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

thanks guys, he played great as well. It was a tough game that went into OT. King had a huge game and we finally got a stop in OT.

10. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Maryland went down to FSU again this year. I thought I had the game in hand but as some CPU games do, things went bad fast. So along with hopes of a National title, my bid for a conference championship is all but gone also. Glad to you lose Gators........nothing personal. I think FSU still has to play Clemson, that is my only hope of getting into the ACC championship game. BTW, FSU has a new owner-DJ391.

11. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Hmmm....Clemson is 0-3 against users this year. Clemson beat FSU? On the road? Better luck next year Maggz.

12. BDSDIGITAL

It's a close 0-3 though....

13. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Wow, the top ranked user teams both go down? Crazy week!

14. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Power Poll

Pretend you don't know the outcomes of games this week when you read this.

(1) #1 Florida - Still here.
    (2) #4 Maryland - Host a tough FSU squad so they can prove their worth.
    (3) #5 Georgia - Face Florida so I believe they will have their first loss.
    (4) #7 Florida State - Play a very strong Maryland team so one of them will fall.
    (5) #9 LSU - They go here due to margin of victory.
    (6) #8 Ole Miss - They go here due to margin of victory.
    (7) #13 Viginia Tech - Much stronger than they were in the beginning of the year.
    (8) #15 North Carolina - ACC is tough this year, so they have a lot of chances to move up or down.
    (9) #19 Miami - Only 2 losses and proving they can hang with the big dogs, but too inconsistent.
    (10) #18 Alabama - Need to beat the big boys to be with the big boys.
    (11) #22 Clemson - 1 step forward, 2 steps back.
    (12) Tennessee - At least 2 more losses coming. That would make them 6-6.

15. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Week 9 vs. Pitt (W 43-21)

Week 9 vs. Pitt (W 43-21)

Under control of this game the whole time. Pitt has a 5'6" slippery midget for a back though and he made LSU pay with some long runs. With a minute left, Pitt punted to Toliver who dropped the ball on the 1 yard line and they scooped it for the score. They scored 14 points in the 4th quarter. LSU's Helton missed 2 FG's and 2 extra-points. I don;t know what was going on.

Offensive P.O.W.- QB Jordan Jefferson - 77% comp., 350 yd, 3TD
    Defensive P.O.W.- DT Drake Nevis - 5 tackles, 3 TFL, 2 sacks

16. BDSDIGITAL

Their RB is a pain in the ass. He torched me.

17. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Ladies and Gentlemen! It's the Ryan Houston Show! <applause>

[​IMG]

In what was a great defensive struggle all game, the Tar Heels finished ahead of the Hurricanes, 20-10. The difference in this game was clearly 2nd string HB, Ryan Houston. 1st stringer Shaun Draughn was injured in the 2nd quarter and never returned, but it didn't matter. Miami didn't have an answer for Houston's bruising running style as he ran for 118 yards and 2 TDs and seemingly picked up 5 yards any time that UNC needed it. Houston made it clear that arm tackles wouldn't be enough to bring him down as he was bouncing off of defenders all game.

On the defensive side of the ball, the Heels came into the game with a very specific plan and it worked to perfection. They knew they needed to stop one of the best RBs in the conference in Cooper and one of the best receivers in Benjamin. UNC was able to do both as they held Cooper to 17 yards on 10 carries (and Miami to 6 yards on 15 carries) and were able to blanket Benjamin, allowing only 43 yards and 3 catches. Houston as deserves honorable mention for this defensive effort as his running of the ball allowed the Heels to control the clock for over 17 minutes to less than 11 for Miami. Keeping Miami's potent offense off the field proved to be an excellent defensive strategy.

Next week UNC will take on Clemson while the Hurricanes play in an equally important game for the Heels as they take on Virginia Tech. Unless Miami and beat VT, UNC can not win the ACC title.

Box Score
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    UNC 7 3 7 3 20
    Miami 0 10 0 0 10

Game Statistics
    Stat UNC Miami
    Score 24 10
    First Downs 16 11
    Total Offense 229 167
    Rushes-Yards-TDs 42-155-2 15-6-0
    Comp-Att-TD 5-11-0 13-24-0
    Passing Yards 74 161
    3rd Down Conv 5-10(50%) 3-8(37%)
    Turnovers 1 0
    T.O.P. 17:22 10:38

Players of the Game
    Column 1 Column 2
    UNC R. Houston - 25 car, 118 yards, 2 TD
    Miami A. Brown - 6 tackles

18. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

unfortunately im not a usre anymore since i was suspended :( but i hope the comp puts up a hell of a fight for their old ball coach lol