Week 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mags, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Week 9

reply here

2. adross33

adross33 Walk On

Bronco's vs Steelers

Hey man .. let me know when you wanna run this one ... my hide is still sore from the Ravens ... so take it easy on me ...

3. Kan

Kan Walk On

The Skins would play some good defense and much like their real life counterparts, wouldn't be able to do much on offense beating the Falcons 16-3

The Skins would strike first as Warrick Dunn would catch the ball out of the backfield on an Atlanta blitz. He would get a good block by Chris Cooley and score from 46 yards out. The Skins defense would turn 3 interceptions and give the offense some short fields. Unfortunately the offense wouldn't be able to do much and they would add a field goal every quarter for the 16-3 win.

gg rich

4. I-ROD

I-ROD Walk On

Pats @ Phins

A game where Ricky Williams took it to pay dirt 3 times and had the Phins flying high but in the 2nd half was all Pats with a pick fest on Pennington and the Brady and Moss put on a show.

Dolphins D stepped up late and held the come back as Miami wins 49-33

5. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

CINCINNATI, OH - A rematch of week 5 but this time the Ravens took to the road. This game was a defensive slugfest throughout. The Ravens struck early after Haloti Ngata fell on a fumble. Steve Hauschka put up a short FG to give the Ravens the early 3-0 lead. Both offenses stumbled early. The Ravens would stop Cincy on several 3rd and shorts, and the Bengals would return the favor by intercepting Joe Flacco. After Bernard Scott ripped off a 36 yard run, Cedric Benson would finish the drive with a 6 yard TD rush. The Ravens would try for a late drive but would be denied on a Joseph INT.

The 3rd quarter would be played scoreless, but the big story would be an injury to Scott after Ngata fell on him. The Bengals would get a FG in the 4th to extend to a 10 point lead. Baltimore had about 3 minutes, needing 2 scores. Flacco bombed deep to Derrick Mason who would haul in the ball and carry a safety into the endzone for a 43 yard score, cutting the lead to 13-10. The Ravens kicked deep, and the Bengals needed a first down to secure the game. Runs on 1st and 2nd netted 3 yards, but the Bengals were down to a 3rd string RB due to a late injury. A pass on 3rd down fell between two receivers and the Bengals would punt. Flacco had under 2 min with a timeout to work with. He moved the ball on passes to Todd Heap and Ray Rice early. A key run by McGahee got a first down and put the Ravens in FG range. They would play it safe, take the FG, and head to OT.

Baltimore won the toss and took the ball. On their second play, Ray Rice took a toss getting the edge sealed off for a 46 yard run. It would be more than enough to set up Hauschka for the GW FG from 29 yards out. Rice finished up with 103 yards on 17 carries. Benson and Scott tallied 115 yards combined for the Bengals.

GG Stealth - great D.

6. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

Carolina travelled to New Orleans in the first division matchup of the year (against a human). Carolina would receive the ball and quickly work their way downfield for an 11yd run TD by DeAngelo Williams. The Saints would drive back into the redzone but would sputter and have to settle for a field goal.

In the 2nd quarter, the Panthers would capitalize on some bizarre interceptions with a TD pass to Steve Smith, a field goal by Carney and a pick six by R. Marshall. At the half the Panthers would lead 24-6.

Another interception in the 3rd quarter would lead to a TD by WR Jarrett. Our interweb connection cut out at this point and the Saints would score a TD against the CPU, but go on to lose the game 31-13.

Player of the game was MLB Jon Beason who had 8 tackles and 3 interceptions.

gg Scholt

7. stealth

stealth Walk On

gg bengals the ravens on the ropes in this one and played the best defense they had played all season until that pass to mason. in the end thou the bengals needed 1 1st down to put the game away and couldnt get it with their top 2 hbs on the sidelines.

8. stealth

stealth Walk On

gg bengals the ravens on the ropes in this one and played the best defense they had played all season until that pass to mason. in the end thou the bengals needed 1 1st down to put the game away and couldnt get it with their top 2 hbs on the sidelines.

This game is probably the most fun i have had with this version

9. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Titans @ 49ers

The top two rushing leaders met up at Candlestick park. Chris Johnson ran his total yardage up to over 1100 yards as he carried 22 times for 173 yards and 1 TD. Now to the game itself. Tennessee jumped out to as much as a 21-6 game only to have their lead evaporated by a relentless 49ers team. The Niners came all the way back to tie the game 28-28 with 3:45 left in the game. Both defenses struggled a lot as their playbooks seemed to be broadcasted to one another as the "user controlled" players could't move around. Both coaches were good at reading defenses and took advantage. This was evident on the Titans final drive of the game. They looked at the D setup and took advantage of the holes in it and wound up kicking the game winner as time expired. 31-28 Titans. GG CoachGaddy i think we would have had a really tough defensive struggle if we could move around a bit. Best of luck the rest of the way.

* On a side note of the strange and weird this was actually the first user vs. user game this year for the Titans which to me is completely odd considering the fact we have 21 users.

10. gt86

gt86 Walk On

Cowboys @ Eagles

The Cowboys would travel to Philly to play the hated Eagles in week 9.
    THe Boys would get the scoring started with a 10 yd pass from Romo to Witten. The Cowboys defense would smother the Eagles offense the entire game and keep them from scoring in the 1st half. The Cowboys would add 10 more points in the 2nd qtr with a Buehler Fg and 17 yd Td pass to Berrian . The Cowboys would go into halftime with a 17-0 lead. In the 2nd half the Eagles defense would stiffen up and only allow a Fg for the Cowboys. In the 3rd qtr the Eagles offense would finally get something going when Westbrook would break off a 65 yd run. That would set up a 32 yd fg for Akers to give the Eagles on the board. The biggest stat for the game would be turnovers, with the Eagles turning the ball over 3 times twice in the cowboys redzone. All and all a very defensive game with Cowboys only having 224 yds of total offense and the Eagles only having 170. In the end the turnovers would be the turning point and give the Cowboys a hard fault win 20-3.

gg styk see ya in Jerry's world

11. scared46

scared46 Walk On

The Lions would go to Seahawk land to face the CPU and come out with a lost. The key was when I hit the square button and the RB dove and fumbled, Seahawk pick up the ball and run it in for a TD. That was a good drive going and I don't know what buttons do what so, I lost this game by me not finding out how to use the controller buttons. I don't even know how to change assignments ..ets.

Anyhow, Lions lose 33-27

12. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

What do you normally use when you play? Do you breathe into a tube attached to your wheelchair?