Week !: Auburn @ Iowa St.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bamaboiking, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Week !: Auburn @ Iowa St.

[​IMG]

Well Auburn can can that the swaggar is back on Defense. What was expected to be a true test for the tigers turned ugly and ugly fast.

The AUB defense forced 5 fumbles 3 that were recovered. Those key mistake would help Auburn take a quick 21-0 With a Ben Tate taking in from the 1 for a for the first TD and back up Chris Todd comming in with Burns hurt early to toss the next two td's to Tim Hawthorne.

The Cyclones would come storming back with two quick scores with short run in's from thier running back.

The Tigers started to worry as they couldnt slow the cyclones and took a 24-17 lead into the locker Room at the half. Well it seems those defensive adjustments worked as the Cyclones were held scorless.

Montez Billings took over and amassed most of his 6 rec and 152 for 2 td's in the second half.

The QB situation that the tigers thought was finished may have just been reopened. With Burns Hurt early in the first Todd went 6/6 78 yds and 2 td's.

Burns finished 11/18 169 2 td's. Very reminiscent of Last season.

PLAYER of the Game was Raven Gray with 6 tks 1 sack and 2 FF's.

Final Score Aub 41 ISU 17

Auburn
    K. Burns 11/18 169 2TD
    Raven Gray 6tks 1 SK 2FF
    W. Bynum 2/2 FG

Iowa St.
    A. Arnaud 18/33 238 3 ints
    D. Sims 11 TKS

Next Up Miss St.

2. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

sorry for all the edits was trying to get my img to show

3. nice win man..

4. jneeley07

jneeley07 Guest

good game man, the game was really close, i fumbled the ball atleast six times in that game, and three of those fumbles were in your redzone lol and if i wouldn't have it would've been neck and neck until the end lol

p.s. once i get some better players as strong safeties my 4-2-5 defense will wreck shop lol, might take a couple years though

5. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

i think the turn overs hurt you and you corners let you down also, Down the line when you get some recruit this game will be different, your spread basically exposed my defense at times as we arent as fast as prev years and we cant run side line to side line as fast