Week Conf. Champ. - Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jman, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Week Conf. Champ. - Season 2

Well here it is only game up are....

#1 Oklahoma State (12-0) VS #2 Mizzou (12-0) - This is a huge one, obviously, and the marquee matchup we've had so far.

Prediction: Pokes by 10 on way to a natty matchup, hopefully, with the ACC champ.

#6 Florida State (11-1) VS #4 Miami (11-1) - A BIG BIG BIG rematch here, Murk nabbed it last time. This one should be for a spot in the Title Game as either way there is going to be some BCS jumping going on.

Prediction: FSU in OT by a 2 point conversion.

BCS Standings
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    TEAM RECORD POINTS
    Mizzou 12-0 .997
    OK St 12-0 .997
    Miami 11-1 .986
    Ohio State 11-1 .986
    Boise State 11-1 .977
    FSU 11-1 .972

Bowl Projections
    Colorado VS Marshall in the St. Petersburg Bowl
    NC State VS Northwestern in the Champs Sports Bowl
    Texas A&M VS Cal in the Holiday Bowl
    UNC VS Georgia in the Chick-fil-A Bowl
    Oklahoma VS South Carolina in the Cotton Bowl
    Nebraska VS Michigan State in the Alamo Bowl
    Miami VS Pitt in teh Fiesta Bowl
    FSU VS Boise in the Orange Bowl
    OK St vs Mizzou in the BCS CHampionship

Make sure you guys give us a summary on these! We will not advance until they have both been played, so, no immediate deadline (I know Murk my have to go home to play his)

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I am going home regardless, and will be available tomorrow night and Saturday.

I'm very excited for this game!

Thanks for the cool write up, I love it when I'm not the one doing it haha (in t4)

3. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Huronia and I will be playing either late tonight or late tomorrow. Definitely the biggest game of the year.

4. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Hey boys, Huronia and I will be playing around 10:30 eastern tonight. I just thought it would be cool if you guys could watch. Ive never used Justin.tv but i'll try to set it up quickly when I get home. My account is wellar21 on there as well.

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

bump.

So, SPatin...will you be able to play tomorrow night or Saturday?

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

In the duel of overachieving defensive ends, I have to give the edge to Oklahoma State. Having played both, I think OSU's diversity on offense will wear out the Tigers.

In the ACC, Murk won the first and smart money says he wins again.

Good luck to all!

7. dakota7

Oh, well there you go. Oklahoma State got the win, 31-24.

8. Jman

Hey! My prediction was pretty damn close there.

Way to go Hur!

No one of/both of you fools post a reports so we can see just how it went down!

9. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

Big 12 Championship Produces instant classic, Cowboys pull out victory 31-24

In a game that saw the top two teams in the country squaring off for the right to go to the National Title, no fan was left seated.

The Tigers recieved the opening kickoff, although they were forced to punt and the Cowboys were able to drive deep into the Tigers end before they were forced to kick a short 28 yarder.

On the ensuing kickoff the Tigers had a magnificant 80 yard return from RB Moore, however the Cowboys were able to tighten up their boot straps and hold the Tigers to a short field goal.

On the Next Drive the Cowboys had a key turnover by QB Alex Cate on a horrible throw into double coverage on a throw intended for WR Blackmon. The Tigers were able to capalize with a 8 yard touchdown run by fullback Norton. I should also mention at this point RB Washington from Missouri was injured and missed the remainder of the game.

The 2nd quarter saw teams exchange a couple of punts. At one point the Cowboys were backed up inside their own 2 yard line on a 3rd and 14, however the Cowboys were able to convert that, which would eventually be the biggest play in the 1st half as the Cowboys went down and were able drive 99 yards and score on a rushing touchdown by Jeremy Smith with 2:16 left in the 2nd quarter. This tied the game at 10, heading into half time.

3rd quarter saw the Cowboys recieve the kickoff, drive down and score this time on a 7 yard run by 4th string RB Kye Staley.

On the ensuing drive the Tigers were able to match the Cowboys score and once again tie the score at 17, with a Brinkley reception from QB Glabbert.

The 4th quarter saw Oklahoma State trying to establish the tone of the game and they were able to do this with long, powerful scoring drives. THe first score of the 4th quarter came on a 20 yard reception from Senior Fullback Ward, who caught a check down pass from QB Cate on a blitz at 5:23 of the 4th.

Missouri quickly responded with a scoring drive of their own, with yet another powerful run by fullback Norton up the middle at 4:15 of the 4th.

On the next possession Oklahoma State re-committed itself to the run game and were able to get deep inside the Tigers territory and forcing the Tigers to waste two of their timeouts.

On a 3rd and 6 from the Missouri 13 with only 1:01 left in the game Senior QB Alex Cate tossed up a jump ball for Freshman Tightend Matt Justice who with 2 defenders draped over him was able to jump up in the end zone and haul in his 8th touchdown pass of the season, which also happend to be the game winning touchdown.

Key Stats:

Plays run - Oklahoma State 63 - Missouri 43

QB Cate - 16/22 - 246 - 2 tds - 1 int
    RB Smith - 144 yards, 1 td, 26 carries, 50 yards, 2 REC
    RB Staley - 45 yards , 9 carries
    FB Ward - 41 yards , 3 REC
    WR Bryant - 51 yards, 3 REC
    WR Richards - 23 yards, 2 REC
    WR Mosley - 9 yards, 1 REC
    WR Anyiam - 20 yards, 1 REC
    TE Justice - 52 yards, 4 REC , 1 TD

Defensively -
    MLB Moala - 5 tackles, 1 INT

On an interesting note, the Cowboys only had 5 starters who also started in last seasons Big 12 Championship.

WR Bryant, WR Blackmon, FB Ward, RG Anthony, DB Markelle Martin.

"We exceeded our own expectations, if you told us a couple months ago we'd be playing for all the marbles I would have considered you crazy.... but if we are going to be playing in the big show we might as well try and win it. " - Coach Huronia

10. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Great game huronia, look forward to a rematch next year

11. Jman

SPatin is set to AP.

I sent you a PM SPatin and Murk has tried to contact you as well. He is going to play this game with you on AP, I will be home around 4:30-5:00 Central and if I've heard from you I'll throw it out and you can play then.

Bottom line is this gentlemen, if you DO NOT care anymore, don't waste everyone else's time. If something comes up POST/PM/MSG US and let SOMEONE know what is happening. Period.

This season has taken far too long, part of which is my fault, it WILL NOT happen anymore.

J

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'm about to get on and play this game..

13. Jman

I hope you did, I'm going to advance as soon as I get home. No more waiting, your either in and participate in the forumnor your out alltogether.

14. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

The Champs ARE Here!!

FSU rolls through #4 Miami, winning their second contest against the Hurricanes this year. If the cards fall right, and the way we expect them to, FSU will face Oklahoma State in the National Championship.

The game started out with Miami taking FG attempts to FSU's TDs. Unfortunately, 7x3 is more than 3x3, and Miami missed two of their FGs.

However, they were able to score a late, long TD with less than 10 seconds in the half to cut the score to 24-10 - giving them some momentum heading into the half.

The second half was more of the same story, and FSU would go on to win 45-17!!

Offense PotG - Sr QB Christian Ponder
    13 of 17 for 298 yards, 3 TDs

Defense PotG - So SS Nick Moody
    10 tackles (2 TFL)

15. dakota7

My predictions were both right. Lol.

16. wader49

wader49 Walk On

I had the pleasure to watch the Missouri/OK State game first hand. What a game. Both teams showed up to play, with both not giving an inch all game. Missouri had a bunch of success running the ball in tough situations, moving the chains. Huronia just made enough plays to win the game, with good playcalling, execution, etc.

Huronia got a few plays here and there that were the difference. Both users are very good at the game, as seen throughout the seasons, but this was as much of a chess match as ive ever seen with this game.

congrats to both on great seasons, GL in bowl games

17. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Lets get going, cant wait for offseason / preseason!
    Nicely done murk btw

18. Jman

Guys, I'll be advancing it in abt 15 minutes. I decided to give spatin one last shot so Im at the golf course blowing off steam. It's obvious he hasn't shown, were moving on without him.

I'll be posting a help wanted add tomorrow to fill in the gaps AFTER our offseason.

J