Week One Players of the Week

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by tmac6412, Jul 21, 2010.

1. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Week One Players of the Week

Week one of the 2010 college football season is in the books and athletes from Virginia Tech, Miami and UCLA have all earned Legacy Player of the Week honors after spectacular efforts that led their respective squads to victories.

Redshirt sophomore Ryan Williams took home Legacy Offensive Player of the Week accolades after rushing for an NCAA-high 228 yards in VT's 42-10 win over No. 13 Boise State. Williams scored three touchdowns on 17 carries while breaking four rushes for over 20 yards.

Demarcus VanDyke, a senior CB from Miami, earned the Legacy Defensive Player of the Week award thanks to five tackles and an interception that he returned 33-yards for a TD in the Hurricanes' 31-10 win over CMU.

Finally, senior kicker Kai Forbath scored all 12 of UCLA's points in a 12-7 win over Kansas State on his way to taking home the Legacy's Special Teams Player of the Week. Forbath's longest field goal was 49 yards. He also had one touchback.

Legacy Offensive Player of the Week
    Column 1
    Name Team/Pos./Year Stats Team Result Week
    Ryan Williams VT / RB / RS SO 17-228, 3 TD W, 42-10 1

Legacy Defensive Player of the Week
    Column 1
    Demarcus Van Dyke Miami / CB / SR 5 tkls, 1 INT, 1 TD W, 31-10 1

Legacy Special Teams Player of the Week
    Column 1
    Kai Forbath UCLA / K / SR 4-5 FG (49), 1 TB W 12-7 1

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Ryan Williams looks insane, I can see him running all over my defense now...

3. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

i wish he had. your defense is filthy fast and your DE's are shut down. yes, i said his d-ends. great game though.

21-14 usc over vt on a late TD from cj gable. both defenses were out in force in the driving rain. full write up in my thread.