Week One - Season 2

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by PIG BOMB, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Game summaries are mandatory - 3 strikes and you are out.

2. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

Well Ball State opens the season with a loss but the coaches are encouraged.
    Going down to Miami on week 1 with new playbooks and no practice is tough.
    I caused the INT's and once I learn my new offense and get a better feel for my players we will be good to go.
    Ball State will be in the hunt for the MAC title this year.

JUCO Soph QB Ryan Stephens is the real deal. Look for big big things from him this year.

When we eliminate the crazy turnovers the team will win plenty of games.

[​IMG]

3. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

Well I got fucked by the compter in the worst way. Had chances to go by 21 points kept getting robbed. Im talking computer cheese like you wouldnt believe I get the ball back up 14 to 9 after holding them to field goals everytime. Then the :doodie: began and there were mysterious fumbles on my next three drives IN A ROW and not so mysteriously two of them were on their 20 yard line right before I was about to score and finally put them out of reach. Four turnovers in the 2nd half after not having one in the first.

Thanks for the gift of introducing me to the new sliders with a cheating ass #3 LSU PIG BOMB ;) They even threw in one of those "hey your linebacker was pointing and his hand was in the nuetral zone" to get a first down on a key drive. It was a little pathetic the depths to which they had to snoop to squeeze a win out of me.

Untitled.png

• Like Like x 2
  4. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

images (11).jpg
    TOLEDO 27 SAN DIEGO STATE 14

Toledo escapes week 1 with a win over San Diego State Aztecs led by freshman QB Jason Tucker. Tough fought game for Toledo. Tucker showed his inexperience looking confused on some plays in his first game as starting QB for the Rockets. RB Renny tried to help the freshman signal caller chipping in with 73yds 1td on 19 carries. Tucker fumbled twice being careless with the ball, the rockets were fortunate to recover one. The defense was the story of the day as they kept pressure on the Aztecs often getting to the QB with only a 3 DL rush. LE Bush and DT Collins each had 2 sacks on the day to help secure the win for the Rockets. At the end of the day the defense recorded 7 sacks with 5 different players recording sacks something we have never seen from the rocket men.

5. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

pdzl3.gif
    Holy shit I thought he might go undefeated this year with 88's across the board

6. Leonidas3737

Leonidas3737 Walk On

image.jpg

After a rocky start, bobcats cruise to victory over warriors 38-21

Ohio's ground game proved to be every bit as potent at last year even though it is featuring a slew of new faces.

Starting sophomore HB Daz'mond Patterson, who very unselfishly redshirted last year, rushed for 129 yards and two tds on 15 carries.
    Backup HB Jamie Wright, who came in as a 4 star recruit at WR, rushed for 164 yards and 3 tds on ten carries
    Backup freshman QB Rich Bell rushed for 56 yards on 6 carries
    Thirds string freshman HB Dorian Brown, who also unselfishly redshirted last year, ran for 35 yards on 4 carries, and
    Freshman starting quarterback Franklin McAfee rushed 6 times for 32 yards

All together the bobcats rushed for 438 yards and 5 tds on 43 carries - a great start to what looks to be like another promising, option filled season for the university of Ohio

7. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

Yeah when I saw his team before the game and on matchup screen I was like oh boy. And it was raining, fun but I was a home game and I'm glad. I was lucky to get a lead and be able to play with a lead. Got some breaks and was able to hold on. I feel fortunate to be 1-0 to start for sure. Big story for me was we actually had a pass rush which really helped that game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Well not exactly sure what happened, but for some reason the results of my 28-21 victory against Arizona State didn't post and I ended up taking a sim loss... Sure wish I would have caught it before advance because it wiped away a 210 yd 4td performance by my QB Matt Johnson... However my Falcobs played terrible in a 51-17 losing effort. It was obviously clear that ASU took advantage of having superior athletes. Despite losing by such a large margin I'm excited about the team we have at BGSU! We moved the ball very well when I was at the controls and JR WR Chris Gallon is poised to have a monster year this season, and Senior FS Rylan Ward is definitely going to live up to his 1st team pre-season All American status! I also have some freshman logging alot of playing time, none were more impressive than Fr SS Josh Gunn. That kid was all over the field in his first game, his instincts were top flight, hopefully he shows up to play week 2 against #10 North Carolina!

9. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

FUmbles happen in this game? NO WAY!

10. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

SJSU Opens Up with OT Win Against Miam University 42-35

After a great season last year as the #9 ranked team in the BCS, MWC champtionship, and a Las Vegas Bowl Win, SJSU lost much of their key players to the draft including QB Fales and Star WR Grigsby who went in the 1st round of the NFL draft. Incoming is a top QB recruit Kendrick who will take over the starting QB job with a decent throwing arm, but great speed and a new starter at RB Erich Wilson. Carr who had a good year last year returns and new additions to the WR core lineup is new recruit Barrett and Bradbury.

SJSU didn't take long to get things going able to halt a Miami drive in the 1st and taking their opening drive down the field threw the running of Wilson, but also a big gain by Carr to the 1 yard line. Wilson was able to punch in the first score of the game to give SJSU a 7-0 lead. After punting on their first possession, Miami responded with a score to tie up the game with Kummer being able to hit his receivers on key 3rd downs and set up a westbrook TD to tie the game. SJSU didn't take long to respond as Wilson took his next carry for 75 yards for a score to give SJSU the lead once more.

In the 2nd, after a pick by the SJSU D, Kendrick saw an opportunity to go up two scores before halftime and took advantage connecting with Barrett and Bradbury on throws leading up to a his first TD pass to FB ena to give SJSU a 21-7 lead. Sensing the game getting away, Miami responded again putting up a scoring drive ending with a Kummer TD pass with about a minute to in the half. Miami was able to get SJSU to go on a 3 and out with just about 30 seconds left in the half and with SJSU going all out blitz, Kummer hit Shisso for a 36 yard TD to tie the game with only a few seconds left in the 1st half to tie the game.

In the 3rd quarter, SJSU squandered an opportunity deep in Miami territory with Kendrick throwing his first pick, but Miami wasn't able to capitalize. SJSU was able to force a punt and scored on the next drive with a 38 yard TD pass to Bradbury to put SJSU back up. As done all game, Miami responded quickly getting a big gain on and eventually a score to tie the game up again with a TE td reception. The game looks liked it was giong down the wire in the 4th quarter, it was who will make the first mistake.

With 3 minutes left in the 4th, SJSU put another a great scoring drive finished off with another TD by Wilson who finished the game with 3 TDs and 160 yards rushing. With 3 minutes left and all their timeouts, Miami had enough time to get back in the game and did so putting together a long 3 minute drive to tie the game with a 6 yard TD run.

In OT, SJSU got the ball first and quickly scored on a 11 yard TD to Barrett, SJSU just needed a stop to close out the game. On the first play for Miami, Kummer throws a pick to seal the SJSU OT win 42-35. SJSU now faces #1 ranked alabama

• Like Like x 1
  11. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Air Force Hits the Road, Defeats #14 Texas 21-18

Behind a OL that starts two true freshman and two true sophomores, the Falcons found a way to go on the road and beat one of the most talented teams in the nation in their own house after a near upset victory last week against Oklahoma State. The Falcons running game never got going much, with Jon Lee rushing for 21 yards on 14 carries and one touchdown. The Falcons however had no issue passing the ball on Texas' defense. Kale Pearson went 16 for 20 for 230 yards with 2 touchdown tosses, one to Christian Gann and the other to Mark Hendrixs. Pearson also added 50 yards rushing on 16 attempts. Jon Lee got the scoring going for Air Force with a 9 yard scamber on a triple option read as the Falcons would take a 7-6 lead heading into the 2nd quarter after David Ash connected with Cayleb Jones from 22 yards out only for the FG to be missed. Air Force got on the board first in the 2nd quarter with a 5 yard pass to Mark Hendrixs from from 5 yards out from Kale Pearson. The next Air Force possession though after holding Texas to a punt would result in Air Force getting the ball inside their own 10 and would eventually end up giving Texas two points. On the following Texas drive the Air Force defense would hold Texas to a 26 yard FG to hold onto a 14-11 lead. Air Force headed into halftime with a 21-11 lead after Kale Pearson hit Christian Gann in-stride from 14 yards out. Texas would bring it within 3 in the 3rd after a 1 yard TD run by Johnathan Gray but in the end Air Force would sustain long drives until the clock ran out.

Kale Pearson after the game:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Great game Kidofcrash23! I'm not sure how I was able to climb back into it, but this was definitely the most fun I've had on NCAA 14 so far. :) Shame I couldn't put up a better effort in OT. That always seems to happen to me, throw it away on the first play.

13. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Ya great game, it was pretty much who has the next mistake loses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.