Week Six Gameday

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by tuco418, Aug 23, 2010.

1. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Nov 22, 2009
    Week Six Gameday

College GameDay
    Live from Columbia, Missouri​

We are coming to you live from Columbia, Missouri, home of the Missouri Tigers. It is College Game Day.
    We have several big matchups today that will go a long way towards deciding division titles within conferences. The ACC and Big XII games today should clear up who will take control of their respective division before the mid-point of the season. First, we will start in the ACC where two teams which have struggled a bit of late look to get back on the winning track.

The big question for the Terps is who will get the start at quarterback- Danny O’Brien or Jamarr Robinson. Both showed signs of solid production in last week’s loss to Virginia, combining for over 450 passing yards. NC State is off to a 1-3 start but playing Alabama and North Carolina in the first few weeks would be a tough task for anyone. The Wolfpack will try to get Mustafa Greene as many carries as possible in this one.
    The second game of the week and our location is Columbia, where Tiger fans and students are hungry for a winner and for what is one of their highest profile recruits ever to lead them to the promised land of a conference championship. Blaine Gabbert decomitted from Nebraska around the time of a Cornhusker coaching transition and leads an offense that is scoring points in bunches, but granted two games have been against lesser division opponents. For the Huskers, their season is off to a fantastic start, highlighted with the 24-17 win over defending national champion North Carolina. The Huskers rely on a stout defense and a solid running game led by Heisman Candidate Rex Burkhead.​

Now it is prediction time

NC State at Maryland- I like what I see from the Terps the last couple of games, even in the loss to Virigina they moved the ball very well. Look for Maryland, if they can avoid the turnovers, to put the pressure on NC State to answer quick scores. I say the Terps by six.

Nebraska at Missouri- Both teams are undefeated and both have opened some eyes but in different ways. Missouri has mercilessly pounded vastly inferior competition with no outcome by less than 21 points. The Huskers have been less impressive in margin of victory but considerably better opponents, especially North Carolina and Southern Cal. Logic shows that Missouri has a disadvantage as far as defense and the running game. But I think Blaine Gabbert has a big day and will take the Tigers in an upset 31-23.​
  2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Jul 14, 2009
    Great write-up Tuco

Here are my Predictions:
    Maryland over NC State 24-21 in Overtime

Nebraska over Mizzou 35-34
  3. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Jan 24, 2010
    I throw in my predictions just for fun.

Maryland-21 NC State-20
    Nebraska-34 Missouri-24
  4. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Feb 18, 2010
    Great job tuco!

NC State over Maryland 20-10
    Nebraska over Mizzou 24-17
  5. GSUtiger

Apr 13, 2010
    great job tuco.
    Nebraska over Mizzou 28-21
    i wont call my own game don't want to jinx myself
  6. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Jul 6, 2009
    maryland over nc st 20-14

and neb over mizzou 35-21
  7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Oct 26, 2009
    Maryland 21 NC State 17

If Mizzou handles this rushing attack: Nebraska 24 Mizzou 31
    If Mizzou focuses too much on Nebraska rushing attack: Nebraska 38-24
    If Mizzou cannot handle the rushing attack: 21-14 Nebraska
    If Mizzourah plays on a safety on defense: 24-20 Nebraska
    If Mizzourah plays linebacker on defense: Nebraska 21-20
    If I forget how important this game is: Mizzou 56 Nebraska 10

Alot of "Ifs" in this one...
  8. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Oct 6, 2009
    Jerzey you crack me up bro.
  9. wreck'em

wreck'em Walk On

Jun 10, 2010
    Someone has faith in me! (y)

Nice write up, btw. I hope Mustafa Green doesn't get a lot of carries, he is my #4 RB. He ran over WKU for 150 something yards though, so he is probably my leading rusher.
  10. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Jul 12, 2010
    haha, I'm, inclined to go with most of your predictions. I will let you find out what position I play on D ;).

I don't think I have the run game or the secondary to handle the big boys this year. If only they knew Richardson was coming to Mizzou out of JuCo in 2011, we would have a monster D-Line! Instead our inside is a little soft, our linebackers are weak and our secondary is in shambles. The only way I keep up is if Gabbert goes crazy for 500 yards.

My prediction 35-21 Nebraska, unfortunately.

Awesome write up Tuco I like the background about Gabbert switching away from Nebraska too!