Week16: Rams@Cards (Highlights Inside)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Jan 8, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Week16: Rams@Cards (Highlights Inside)

Rams Run Wild

Phoenix, AZ(?)- If the Saint Louis Rams played the way they did against the Cardinals this past week they would be a Super Bowl favorite. The Rams ran for a season high 301 yards as they routed Arizona, 49-14. Joseph Addai had a team high with 144 yards on 21 touches. Antonio Pittman rushed for 75 yards and even fullback Mike Karney got into the act as he rushed for a career high 84 yards. Arizona couldn't muster much offense in the first half as the Rams jumped out to 28-0 halftime lead.

The powerful Arizona passing attack was shut down as QB Kurt Warner threw for only 216 yards on the day. The Rams' constantly doubled Anquan Boldin as the talented reciever only had 3 receptions for 53 yards. The Rams sat back in coverage with no fear of the Arizona rushing attack as they only carried the ball 8 times for only 8 yards. Arizona tailback Beanie Wells was caught by cameras during an angry exchange with Coach RCF midway through the second half. He had one carry after the exchange.

The Rams' on the other hand were clicking on all cylinders as Marc Bulger was almost perfect going 10/11 for 155 yards including one touchdown. With Sydney Rice and Marques Colston grabbing the attention of the safeties, Randy McMichael benefited as he grabbed 3 passes for 72 yards to lead the Rams. Tailback Antonio Pittman led the team with 3 rushing touchdowns, a season high.

The Rams finish up the season next week as they take on another division rival, the San Francisco 49ers. The Rams plan on finishing the season strong to keep the positive vibe going into the offseason.

[youtube]esIrgIbJcqw[/youtube]
    Elbert Mack shutting down an early Arizona drive

[youtube]WIXvaSS6tuQ[/youtube]
    Kellen Winslow trying to spark the O with a 48 yard reception

[youtube]dGR8Sp7fRc8[/youtube]
    Joseph Addai had a team high 144 yards including this 6 yard TD run

[youtube]BZxAhFZNccE[/youtube]
    With the run game dominant a little PA to McMichael was golden

[youtube]IUK6SLhKLVA[/youtube]
    Addai making a nice move on this 42 yard run

[youtube]o0dDK2mQn5M[/youtube]
    Karney busting through the middle for a 45 yard gain

[youtube]7Y1G7bn3sBc[/youtube]
    Tim Hightower leapfrogging a defender to score on a 27 yard TD catch

[youtube]4_g1EwkzTfc[/youtube]
    Antonio Pittman scoring one of his three touchdowns on the day

[youtube]0mqFwpNgFZ4[/youtube]
    Next time call a faircatch 'Zona!!

Good Game RCF.

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Sorry I didn't put the score in the thread title but I had to add the added highlights portion to get people to even read our game, especially with people focusing more on the playoff teams.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Great set up man. Love the highlights in there.

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Thanks Win. I think this is my last time though because the thread itself only has gotten 11 views. That's not even half the league, so next time I'll just write a couple of lines and post some stats, lol. I'll save the highlights for my NCAA summaries.

5. RCF33

RCF33 Walk On

GG Man . The Cards Coach RCF was overheard saying that during the Offseason the Running Game or Lack there of WILL be taken Care of !

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

LoL. I had your other TD pass on here too but it was cut short while the ball is in the air, I don't why though. And I should got a better angle of that Winslow catch, that view doesn't give it justice