WEEK17 Playoff Picture

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by majesty95, Nov 5, 2012.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

OK. So we have one week to go and several teams still with a playoff breath left in them. Let's go over the scenarios and see who needs what to advance.
    AFC
    In
    Kansas City YungLew15, Houston Reallyrill, NY Jets CPU, Cleveland Jshaver
    Hopeful
    Miami MarkyMark67, New England CPU, San Diego LLCoolGrey
    Scenario
    Miami - Advances with a win over New England or a San Diego loss.​
    New England - Advances with a win over Miami or a San Diego loss.​
    San Diego - Advances with a win over Oakland and a Miami loss.​
    The Chargers hold the tiebreaker over Miami due to a better conference record.​
    NFC
    In
    Dallas jeb4056, New Orleans Cole Copeland, Green Bay thoov08, San Francisco Ninersfan80
    Hopeful
    Philadelphia CPU, Minnesota majesty95, Carolina Crumbler81, Detroit woodsmall
    Scenarios
    Philadelphia - Advances with a win over the Giants or two combined losses from MIN, CAR and DET.​
    Minnesota - Advances with a win over Green Bay or losses by both Carolina and Detroit.​
    The Vikings hold tiebreakers over both Carolina and Detroit due to a better conference record.
    Carolina - Advances with a win at New Orleans and a Minnesota loss.​
    The Panthers hold the tiebreaker over Detroit due to a better conference record.
    Detroit - Advances with a win over Chicago and losses by both Minnesota and Carolina.​

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. majesty95

I left out the Chargers from the AFC Playoff scenario. They have been updated.

3. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

Damn hurricane sandy! Made me lose my playoff push lol or at least the opportunity to compete for one

4. majesty95

woodsmall alerted me to the fact that he actually lost to Philly heads up. So it appears only losses by both MIN and CAR and a win over CHI will get the Lions in the playoffs...

5. YungLew15

YungLew15 Walk On

I've heard that the tiebreakers in madden don't work as they should. Can't confirm if that's true or not tho. Guess we'll find out tomorrow lol

6. majesty95

From what I've seen posted on here it is when the conference records are the same. Then it defaults to strength of victory and then strength of schedule. The game apparently does not handle those correctly but from what I looked at that should not be a problem with us this year.

7. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

I hope when 3 teams are tied that it goes alphabetically ... the Lions would surely get in over the Panthers and Vik-Queens!

• Like Like x 4
  8. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Lol ^^^^^^^

9. majesty95

Hopefully it goes by margin on victory heads up. Boo ya!!!

10. YungLew15

YungLew15 Walk On

I know they're not in the playoff picture but the Bucs got their first win this week :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Let's Go Packers!! I'm hoping Cole Copeland plays all his backups so I can sneak into that last playoff spot ;)

12. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

idk about playing them now. Didnt know I was playing for a 1st round bye!

13. YungLew15

YungLew15 Walk On

I think the Chargers are in right? Both them and Patriots are 9-7 but Chargers better conference record...

14. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Could you put what needs to happen in order for byes? Like who will get them

15. majesty95

Yes, the Chargers should be in.

Chiefs and Texans have byes in the AFC. Jets and Chargers should have home field in the first round.

Cowboys have a bye. 49ers earn a bye with a win. If the 49ers lose the Saints get the bye due to a tiebreaker over the Packers. The Packers and either the Saints or 49ers will have home field in the first round.

16. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

Don't choke Niners ;)

17. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

That would be awesome if S.D. gets in. That would mean that I knocked the great patriots out of going to the playoffs, huge win in New England for the Dolphins!!

18. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

It would be awesome if the Chargers get in!

19. majesty95

I lied. The browns should be at home. Chargers should be a wild card

20. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

Whoa whoa what's all this should be talk lol

21. majesty95

It's EA remember ; )

22. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

Is the picture getting clearer in the NFC ... you tell me!

The Panthers took a loss last night to the Saints as Cam Newton was sacked 4 times, threw 2 picks, and finished with a qb rating of 38% ... this ultimately eliminates the Panthers from the playoff picture

The Lions defended home field this morning against the Bears who have been riding a two game win streak since the firing of their coach ... Lions got out to a quick 17 to 0 lead only to see the Saints rally back before half time to put their first 7 pts on the board ... they would eventually add a FG and then miss another ... Lions defense held tight and kept Brees at ease and the Bears offense sputtered allowing the Lions to remain in the playoff hunt

Still waiting on two more games to be played ...
    - Eagles at Giants minus LeSean McCoy who is done for the season ... Eagles sit at 10 - 5 and a loss would cause a tie with Detroit ... Giants hoping to finish on a high note as their current record sits at 6 and 9
    - Packers travel to Minnesota who is looking to come out victorious to gain consideration for the last wild card spot ... The Vikes are hampered with a few injuries but the stars will play today ... and what will the Packers do? Play for respectability or play for tomorrow? That question will soon be answered

Should be a wild one as we wind down folks ... the Eagles take the last spot with a victory today ... if they lose and the Vikings win, we will have a three way tie and each coach will be holding their breathe to see who gets in

• Like Like x 3
  23. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Don't worry. I will.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Yeah, my Panthers picked the worst time to get hit by the turnover bug lol. No matter how good the defense plays it's hard to win with 3 fumbles and 2 picks. So who wants to take my fumble machine, DeAngelo Williams, off my hands in the offseason? ;)

Anyways, pretty good season overall for my young team.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Why wouldn't the Packers or Saints get the bye since they both beat me?