Week3: Chargers POOH dont stink

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by TwoTONS04, Feb 13, 2013.

1. TwoTONS04

TwoTONS04 Walk On

San Diego Chargers 38
    Kansas City Chiefs 28

Postgame News Conference: Coach Daryl at podium

Well that win felt good, I know the most of you dont think I should still be the Head Coach of the Chargers, but this win I hope gets us going in the right direction. Getting a win against a division rival like the Chiefs is very important. The Chiefs came in with a 2-0 record and in first place. They are led by a familiar face in Phillip Rivers. He showed in this game why he is considered one of the elite quarterbacks of this league. Rivers threw for 299 yards and 3 TD's, only making 2 mistakes but unfortunately for him they ended up in the hands of our defense. He did a good job of spreading the ball around, hitting 5 different receivers. Their TE Luke Massello led them with 111 yards and also got a TD. The other 2 TD's went to Johathan Baldwin and James Jones.

I hated to see him go when we traded him to Kansas City for Bowe 2 offseasons ago. I got alot of shit from the media and the fans for making that decision but POOH Carlson showed tonight that it was a good decision. I dont know what to say about that young man. He is only in his second year but he sure did dazzle with his arm and legs. POOH threw for 300 yards and 4 TD's, the only interception he threw came from an incredible leap and grab by Derrick Johnson. He jumped so high I think Coach Javy is still waiting for him to come down. POOH didnt get rattled, he came back and started firing bullets. His favorite target tonight was AJ Green leading the charge with 7 catches for 107 yards and 2 TD's. I know that Dwayne Bowe is disappointed he didnt get more action, only getting 4 catches for 53 yards but I explained to him that this offense is designed to attack where we feel we are given the opporunity. Braylon Edwards and Ladarius Green each got a TD.

Now I open up for questions:

Hi I am Dan Fouts of the San Diego Tribune,

Question: What do you think is POOH's biggest asset?
    Answer: To be honest I can't nail it down to one. I could say his arm, it has power and accuracy or could go the route of his speed. He had 2 big runs tonight that got us first downs when we needed it. He only got 36 yards on the ground but they were important ones.

Hi I am Natrome Means of the Charger Daily,

Question: Ryan Matthews had his best game of your 5 seasons being head coach tonight. Why?
    Answer: He had an incredible game with 21 carries for 161 yards and 1 TD. He had an amazing per carry average of 7.7 yards. As you all know, I am a pass first and run because I have to. Maybe Ryan ran with an attitude because the lack of attention he gets in this offense, but he never ran this hard. Hopefully it continues so he can get more action. I do want to mention the game that Jamaal Charles had, he had 16 carries for 121 yards and 1 TD. Though his fumble in the second half was the turning point of the game.

Hi I am Quentin Jammer of San Diego Sunset,

Question: The veteran Jabari Greer that you picked up this offseason came up with a huge interception to seal the game. Any comments?
    Answer: Quentin Jammer...... I remember you, you retired after my 1st season here. Well I hope you can cover a story better than you could cover a wide receiver!

Well guys thats enough, I have to get ready for the Denver Broncos. Hopefully we can do this all again.

GG Javy!!!!

• Like Like x 11
  2. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

great recap, and great win!!!!

3. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Good stuff

4. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

I like it.

5. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

6. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Had to laugh at the title.

7. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Nice Daryl liked it alot. Had me laughing lol... Quentin Jammer Who??!!! lol

8. javy0472

javy0472 Walk On

yeah well deserved win Darryl ........... chiefs d had no answers................Darryl is a class act regardless of wins or loses he still comes out and conducts himself with the best......congrats and i will remember this defeat ......i will tear u up next time;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Nice job...........nice to see a well written game summary like this........keep em coming.......

• Like Like x 1
  10. TwoTONS04

TwoTONS04 Walk On

Thanks guys!!

Well it took till the 5th season before I had the opportunity to write one! LOL

Already looking forward to our game Javy, always a legit game!!

• Like Like x 2