Week6: Titans(38) vs Lions(23)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Mar 12, 2011.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Oct 8, 2009
    Another big day from CJ carries the Titans to a tough win 38-23 over the Lions.

Hashville, Tennessee - Week 6 came and went quickly as most teams in the OMFL had already got their games in before the Lions and Titans could meet up for a battle of the top rushers in the OMFL. The Lions and Jackson where having a bad year in terms of wins but as a rusher, SJax was 2nd in the league through 6 games with 702yards. The only problem with that was the Lions where facing the Titans and CJ, who has led rushing every week since week 1. CJ seemed to keep the titans in games and even in there two loses this season, it was mistakes by the coaching staff and Vince young that lost those games, not being outskilled and outcoached or a bad day by CJ.

The Lions won the toss but deferred to the second half and let coach ox and the Titans take the field first. After 3 poor run efforts by CJ forced the Titans to punt on a 3 and out, the lions got the ball and looked sharp. Great passes by Lions QB Brown and great runs by sjax got them deep into Titans territory early and Sjax finished off the drive with a 32 yard TD to open scoring in the game. 7-0 Lions. The Titans got the ball back and looked to keep CJ a bit more fresh and got backup RB Barber some reps. It helped as CJ was only in the yellow after a great drive and couple big runs by him. The Titans found themselves on the Lions 4 yard line and CJ did the rest, scoring the Titans first TD of the day. 7-7 at the end of the first quarter.

The lions were in possession to start the second quarter and were driving deep with ease. Even the Lions backup RB was getting involved as RB Fred Jackson got a TD on 6 yard run early in the quarter. 14-7 Lions. Coach Ox and the Titans seemed to get a bit worried as the Lions Offense was scoring with ease to start the game and coach ox felt he needed to answer with a TD if the titans were going to win this game. Unfortunately, the titans could only get a FG as the drive stalled in Lions territory to make the score 14-10 Lions. The Lions got the ball back and in the span of 4 plays and 22 seconds of game time, the titans took all momentum and the lead as the Lions seemed to fold. Two Interceptions, one returned for a score by CB hill and one interception by LB Ware that lead to a one play passing TD to Cook Jr., put the titans up 24-14 with 2 mins left in the half. The lions would add a FG as time expired in the half to make the halftime score 24-17 Titans.

The lions got the ball first in the second half but seemed to only work on the run with Sjax, which was working quite well but the lions couldnt covert the big downs. The titans kept running as always and CJ added two more rushing TDs in the third. Score at the end of the third quarter 38-17.

The lions, down and out late in the game, seemed to just coast though the 4th quarter with mostly runs and the titans did the same to keep the game moving while up big late. The lions did add two FGs in the final quarter but it wasnt anything of much concern to the Titans. Final Score 38-23 Titans.

GG winny, those two TDs in 11 seconds that put me up killed you, if you could of strung together 4 first quarters you would have dominated me. Sorry about that late run as we talked about on AIM. GL the rest of the season and i feel my prediction of OMFL champ will still come true. I believe!
  2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Oct 8, 2009
    As usual, my coaching skills screw me up and I don't have the skills on the sticks to come back.