Weekly Bobcat

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Lee.Flex, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Weekly Bobcat

9/28/09

Ohio Bobcats

Record: 4-3
    Last Game : L 27-9 vs Eastern Michigan

Recruiting:
    QB(**)A.Gray - Has an above average Arm, can really get the ball up and down the field. Accuracy will need to be worked on. He is a pocket passer, not sure how he will fit into the Bobcat spread option offense.

G(**)B.Ford - Decent run blocking. needs to work on technique his redshirt season. Has the strength and tools to succeed, just need to improve on his work ethic.

CB(**)D.Jones - Average Speed. Not great at man, zone or press coverage, but is decent at all of them. Could possible play in nickel situations Freshman year. His upside is great. A little more work on coverage in any one area and he will be a star on this team.

Injury Report:
    QB Boo Jackson - Jackson twisted an ankle during the 1st Quarter of the game last week vs Eastern Michigan. The injury is not serious and he is probable for next week.

Coaches Corner:
    (Following loss to EMU)
    "We started off well. We controlled the ball, controlled the clock, controlled the game, even had a 9-0 lead at halftime. We came out in the 2nd half with no energy. We couldn't run, couldn't pass, couldn't play defense, we really didn't do anything well in the 2nd half. When we watch the tape, it looks like were 2 different teams out their. We will work to get the motivation and fundamentals on this team fixed this week, and I promise you it will get fixed."

2. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

9/28/09

Ohio Bobcats

Record: 4-3
    Last Game : L 27-9 vs Eastern Michigan

Recruiting:
    WR(***) N.Stewart - Stewart has blazing speed. He has average route running and catching skills, but should mature nicely in Ohio's offensive scheme. Will probably be Ohio's #1 Kick and Punt returner his freshman year.

Injury Report:
    QB Boo Jackson - Coming off last weeks injury, Jackson has practiced and will start against Kent State this week.

Coaches Corner:
    "Had a good week of practice, the offense looks good. Boo's healthy and is ready to go Saturday. Were going into this game with our season on the line, we win Saturday and a Bowl Bid is right down the road, we lose and we really put pressure on ourself to stay above .500 and in the Bowl race."

3. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

The Bobcats are practicing hard in their bye week. Only 1 game away from becoming Bowl Eligible, they need to try and win their last 2 games to lock it in.

Coaches Corner
    " We are looking good right now, just need to keep the motivation up. It can be hard to concentrate with so much at stake, but we are focused on getting a win next week."

4. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Injury Report:

QB Jones - Looks like he will make it for the next game against Northern Illinois.

QB Jackson - Jackson will miss 4 weeks. This will really clamp down the option attack because I can't take the chance of having Jones go down without a suitable back-up. Scott is our 3rd stringer, and he is awesome at serving water...... but he's not a great option QB.

5. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

After the day the Ohio Bobcats finished with their best record since 1997, and clinched a Bowl Birth for only the 4th time in history, Coach Lee.Flex announced he will be stepping away at the end of the season.

Coach
    " It has been a fun year, but my obligations right now lay somewhere else. If I cannot give a full 100% commitment to this program, I can't be here."

After coming in this season from being an assistant to Tony Dungy in Indianapolis, Lee.Flex led the team to double the amount of victories they had last year, and 2 more than they had the year before. When asked about his future, coach Lee.Flex replied : "Nothing is certain and you never say never. I may be back, but as of right now, I have to step away."

Players from the Bobcats did not let this news bother them, as they said it was a great experience playing for him and they are practicing hard to make sure he goes out with a Bowl Win. If the Bobcats do win a bowl game, it will be the first in school history.