Weekly Recaps: Madden 2011

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Aug 27, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Weekly Recaps: Madden 2011

Should we set a standard of how these should be done? Not sure how y'all ran them last year but so far this year most of them haven't been "read" worthy. Some are just two sentences. Should we ask them to go grab the stats off of our Franchise page and post them in the forum (with photobucket) and at the end at some coach notes or big plays. Also replays... I'd love to see them. Should we require the winner to upload 2-3 replays every week?

Just some running thoughts.

~Jerz~

2. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Last year if I remember, it was much like this there were some guy like 1ke and myself and others who like writing about our games. and then some guys who are busy or dont care that didnt post at all or only did one liners.

I'd like to think that most owners will do whatever is asked. especially if we make it easy.

Maybe if we clean it up some. pre post all 16 weeks of summary threads. set a standard, either winner or home team always has to post. and give them some basic rules. photobucket stats page. list your POTG. and his stat line. add at least one replay? (I'm as guilty as the next guy when it comes to replays).

3. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

I can admit I have been way behind, and I am sorry, I will try my best to get it up

4. ChickenOfTheSea

TMI Man, TMI.

5. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

6. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Yeah I haven't had much time to write reports for any of my games not matter what the league is. I write enough reports for work! I'll try my best to get them done.

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

What did she say to that?

8. ChickenOfTheSea

Back on track. I just uploaded my first highlights. its stupid easy, does take a little time for encoding and uploading id say a minute per replay. not counting the time you spend postgame goign through all the plays looking for hteo nes you want and then creating them so they best show off the attributes that make it a great play.

I'm wondering there would be a way for us to create a youtube channel just for top plays of the week. and make it so that any of the TMFL mods could grab and add to it. because we could embed those in a running thread here. Sort of like these guys did:

http://pmfl-madden.proboards.com/

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

We gotta have the support from the league. What the PMFL has is special. They have probably more than 90% of their league in the "PMFL" mindset. We had to pick up alot of new guys who probably are not used to being in a league so content heavy.

I'm willing to try anything.

10. ChickenOfTheSea

yeah, I cant argue with the mindset thing. I think though that the makings are here. if there is a way to try and overcome the shortcomings of the game and make it fun for guys, like what you did Jerz with the GOTW. 3 pages of banter! thats what we are talking about.

And I totally understand the guys who dont have time. times harder to come by the older we all get.

I'll play around with the youtube idea some more. And report back.

11. ChickenOfTheSea

Well it's pretty easy. you just upload to your easports account, then anyone can download them to your local machine in the default .flv flash format. they are very small. Everyone hasto have an EA account to play the game online, so no one has to sign up. they just have to get into the habit of doing it at games end. Guys can keep linking their easo account highlights. and I can add them to the Youtube channel, so they are in one place. even make weekly top 10s get votes. or at least keep a running tab then at year end give out an award for it.

Stupid easy. to add them to

[YOUTUBE]-NgWPL06wfQ[/YOUTUBE]

12. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I have youtube mastered actually, its just getting the highlights. SeaChicken, I like the way your thinking.

13. ChickenOfTheSea

testing a little something that Hack sent me.

Column 1 Column 2
    [youtube]-NgWPL06wfQ[/youtube] [youtube]pVESO2aFLnc&NR[/youtube]

Column 1 Column 2
    [youtube]-NgWPL06wfQ[/youtube] [youtube]pVESO2aFLnc&NR[/youtube]