Weekly Top 5 Poll

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by JrRawlins, Mar 9, 2009.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Weekly Top 5 Poll

Hey guys, this is something that OFFL (I think) is tossing around... Here are the guidelines for voting (almost word-for-word -- some of the teams listed make no sense for our purpose but don't worry about that):

I’ll post a reminder to vote every Thursday, it would be a weekly thing...instead of focusing on our advances.... All questions about voting post here.

Top Five lists are to be made at the time you’re making them. In other words if on Sunday Pitt beats Maryland vote as if Pitt beat Maryland, don't back date it to the last week that ended. So if Maryland was your #5 team going into week 2, but before you got your vote in Maryland and Pitt played and Maryland lost then your top five vote would reflect that by dropping Maryland in rank or not even having them in your top ten. Conversely if you vote and Pitt and Maryland haven’t played don’t guess whose going to win, just rank them as if they haven’t played or aren’t going to play that week.

This maybe an Tradition III but you don't just vote for users. So if you think Florida ( for example) is the #1 team like the cpu does then vote them #1. This poll is to be a correction to the cpu polls which quite regularly will have bad teams ranked higher then good teams just because of their prestige. However this year’s preseason poll that the cpu came out with looks pretty good and I expect that the benchwarmers Top Five will look very similar to the cpu's.

So everyone can please cast your votes after our advance tonite, that would be awesome.... The plan is I'll post it once after our next advance, then it would be a weekly thing........

Obviously, the more people that vote, the better our poll will be, so please participate! It only takes about 5 minutes to turn the xbox on and load the OD, look at the coaches' poll and make your own conclusions. You can do it right before you recruit.....

let me know your thoughts....

2. JrRawlins

any interest?

3. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I'm not sure I'm understanding the concept of this. You just want us to post who we thing the Top 5 teams in the nation are every week? That's easy enough to do...but what do we do with this? Just compare it to what the game has?

4. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Yea I read it twice & I'm still confused(which is not hard).

5. JrRawlins

essentially its just who we think are our top 5.... sort of our own coaches poll.... instead of the games...

for instance, if we played against a certain team and they were awesome but are rated fairly low in the polls its just a way to get that team some recogniation (sp?) and another way to get us some activity here on the baords.......

6. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

ok...im down for that. was just confused by the long 1st email i guess

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Rawlins has it correct. Another OD I am in does a weekly top 10 which is pretty cool. Basically point values are assigned to spots 1-10, and with every response, points are calculated and then the teams are ranked. Interestingly enough, no one in the OFFL has responded, so I doubt we are doing it. I am not going to force something fun on people who won't participate in it.

I think we are having enough fun talking about user-catching and user-picking right now anyway, :D

Good luck with your poll!

8. JrRawlins

yeah we are just gonna do a top 5... its too bad people dont participate, its a really cool idea...

9. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

so start after our next advance?

10. JrRawlins

yeap.....

11. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

i'm down.

12. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

#1 Ole Miss
    #2 Maryland
    #3 Auburn
    #4 Uconn
    #5 NC State

13. JrRawlins

lists can also include CPU teams if you feel they are strong enough to be included....

14. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

I would have included the Huskers, but we all know they fall apart when they hit user games. (y)

15. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

#1 Ole Miss
    #2 Maryland
    #3 UCONN
    #4 Auburn
    #5 NC State

I dropped Auburn because we have four starters with long term injuries, I think its going to be a factor in user games but should still finish with no more than 2 losses.

16. JrRawlins

ugh, the supersim didnt get ya did it?

17. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I will check it out when I play tonite, but I'm pretty sure my top 3 are Ole Miss, Maryland and UConn.

18. JrRawlins

i didnt realize Ole Miss was only #5 and Auburn is already #2.... i gotta go to Auburn like next week..........
    [​IMG]

19. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

1- Maryland
    2- Ole Miss
    3- UConn
    4- Auburn
    5- NC State

20. CribbsStyle

CribbsStyle Walk On

#1 Ole Miss
    #2 Maryland
    #3 UCONN
    #4 Auburn
    #5 NC State
    #101 Cincinnati

BOOM!

21. JrRawlins

we should advanced shortly when we do, we will begin the "official poll".....

22. JrRawlins

I am gonna start this next week....

23. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    yay I'm top 5 lol...

Maryland
    Ole Miss
    UCONN
    Auburn
    NC State