Weiss takes HC job at Kansas

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Dec 8, 2011.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

It's a mixed bag. He had some solid recruits lined up to play in his pro style offense so we likely lose all those guys, but after watching the abomination that was his offense this season all I can say is good riddance!

Hopefully we bring back a spread option style guy but I doubt it since Muschamp is such a pro style advocate. Should be interesting to see who replaces him.

Makes me wonder behind the closed doors how broken this program really is right now.

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Muschamp had to have known when he hired Weiss that he'd be job hunting. I can't imagine he's too surprised that he's leaving. Is there an in-house candidate to replace Weiss?

3. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Yeah Weiss doesn't seem like a guy that is cool doing it another persons way. He kind of does remind me of Mangino though.

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Using BMI as a measuring stick?

• Like Like x 1
  5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I just find it comical that about 4 weeks ago he literally said "I'm not going anywhere. I plan on being here for the long haul unless you guys are trying to get rid of me."

Makes me wonder if Muschamp told him something.

I don't think there's anyone in house at this point. I think Muschamp's going to be screwed in the long haul because of this too.

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

As a guy who has no vested interest in the Gators, I always thought Weiss was an odd choice. Not good for the program though, third OC in as many years.

7. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Nice, that is one reason. The other is the snarly unfriendly jerk personality.

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Yeah. My brother being a big Irish fan i liked Weis. I don't know why but i just had a good feeling on him. His offense was decent - good but his defense SUCKED.

9. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Kansas does love them food passionate men...at least they can claim to have the widest doorways in all of college football.
    Now that's living in luxury :)

• Like Like x 2