Welcome, Sign Up

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Nov 13, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Welcome, Sign Up

Welcome guys...

Let's make this a great dynasty.

Right now, we are looking at an ACC and Big 12 dynasty. 3 in each division of each conference. Is that the set up we want?

Right now, I am starting to get all the appropriate threads put up (rules, team selection, etc.), and then I will be send you all a PM. In the meantime, look over the rules, and other things.

Please post here to clarify that you are interested in the dyansty, and you may discuss anything in general about the dynasty's future.

So far, these people have shown interest in the dynasty:
    - MurkYa21*
    - Papa Perry*
    - KennyLSU
    - Huronia8*
    - Jman*
    - SPatin
    - Shmeezil*
    - Dru50*
    - BodyfullaPOLO
    - hornfaninbama*

*verified that they are still in.

that's only ten, and there is bound to be a couple that disappear. So, I am going to start sending invites to other veteran guys, and we will get this show on the road.

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

This is not the team selection thread, but

just to get a feel for what teams there are..

Big 12 North
    Nebraska - 5 star prestige
    Kansas - 4 star prestige
    Colordao - 4 star prestige
    Missouri - 4 star prestige
    Kansas State - 3 star prestige
    Iowa State - 3 star prestige

Big 12 South
    Oklahoma - 6 star prestige
    Texas - 6 star prestige
    Oklahoma State - 4 star prestige
    Texas Tech - 4 star prestige
    Texas A&M - 4 star prestige
    Baylor - 2 star prestige

ACC Atlantic
    Florida State - 5 star prestige
    Boston College - 4 star prestige
    Wake Forest - 4 star prestige
    NC State - 3 star prestige
    Maryland - 3 star prestige
    Clemson - 3 star prestige

ACC Coastal
    Virginia Tech - 5 star prestige
    Miami - 5 star prestige
    North Carolina - 4 star prestige
    Georgia Tech - 4 star prestige
    Virginia - 3 star prestige
    Duke - 2 star prestige

3. Shmeezil

Shmeezil Walk On

What up, Murk? Hey so everything looks good so far. I was wondering, though, how you guys decided on slider settings. I know the guys over at OS go through rigorous testing to find the best sliders. I was wondering if that's where you got them.

Also, I want to make sure I understand this part of recruiting correctly: "3. Each player's potential recruiting class is based on their performance the previous year. In order to recruit five-star players, a team must meet the criteria listed below. If none of the conditions are met, the team may not recruit five-star players in the following season, but must still act according to rules 1 & 2 when they recruit."

Does this mean we cannot recruit 5 star players the first year?

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

trial and error.

These ones have worked out fine. I messed around with them in TT IV, and it didn't go over so well.

5. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

You know I'm still in Murk.

6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Murk, if I'm allowed to join up I would still be interested. I think the set-up of using Big 12 and ACC sounds good, although I'm wondering if we should remove the top 2 teams from each conference for competitiveness sake? Whoever has Texas/Oklahoma/Miami/FSU will have a huge advantage in years 1-4 due to the really strong rosters and early recruiting edge. Just something to think about.

7. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

:RS:

That might be a good idea...

I'am still in by the way

8. Shmeezil

Shmeezil Walk On

What rosters are we using?

9. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I'm fine with letting the top dogs get picked. More fun to run them out of the pack... :D

Plus as far as recruiting, the 4 and 5 star prestige teams are gonna be alright as far as recruiting goes. I intend on getting a 3 star or lower just so I can "build" them. I might get a 4 star but it would be a lower tier 4 star.

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

You're in bud, I've sent all you a PM. While those schools may have an advantage, that is why there are recruiting limits. Take a minute to check over the rules, guys, while Im still getting everything set up.

The rosters I have are the original Pasta Padre ones that were made during release week. I'm sure there is a better, more updated version. Any thoughts on that? I'm sure mine would be fine too though.

exactly.

11. Shmeezil

Shmeezil Walk On

I use romancaesars rerated rosters, which are very realistic as far as I can tell. They spent a lot of time making each team as accurate as possible, which I really appreciate because I know CU's roster was butchered upon initial release.

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

alright, I'll download those and take a look

13. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

14. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Murk I would be down

15. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I would recommend romancaesar as well. Only reason is because the original renamed rosters that were posted still had players from last season. Some people named them that name and some just gave them a generic name. But rc is one of the few guys rerating rosters that is completely non-biased

16. KennyLSU

KennyLSU Guest

Still Interested. I apologize if I am not active enough. I work 7-5 everyday, but I do check the board at work so I will post a few times during the day. I will post game recaps and recruiting information as well.

17. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

I have mustangs84 rosters they are extremely accurate and up to date with this current season. I found them at Operationsports.com

I'am indifferent to what rosters we use but I think they atleast need some consideration, as they are very well done.

18. Dru50

Quick question on the recruiting rules, will nobody be allowed to recruit 5 star players in year one? If I understand the rules, being able to recruit 5 stars is based on winning games/bowl games/user games/etc, which wouldn't be able to be tracked until after season 1 correct?

Just curious. These would be the most strict recruiting rules I've worked with which would even out the teams after the initial 4-5 year period.

19. Shmeezil

Shmeezil Walk On

Mustangs rosters are good. However, romancaesars appear to be the most up to date, based on what I've read on the OS forums. I would vote for those.

I was wondering the same thing Dru.

20. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

If it is the same as TF4 in which Murk is in charge of you cannot recruit :5stars: players till after year one.

21. Jman

Its part of what I love about it. It pays to do some thorough scouting in a Murk run league. Keeps it interesting too IMO.

22. Dru50

Cool, just wanted to clarify that point. That's what it seemed like to me.

23. wader49

wader49 Walk On

Im really interested in this league. Can i be a part of it?

24. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'm sorry. I readjusted the criteria to recruit 5 stars from my other one, but I didn't think about season 1.

I will put some system in place for season 1. It won't be right if we can't recruit 5 stars that are interested in us from the start. We only do that in TT IV because we are using the MAC/C-USA.

Maybe we could go off how the teams finished the previous year (in real life)??

25. Jman

I think that'd be alright. Only other thing would be to allow like 2 for everyone this first year.

Hell, I dunno. I'm just excited about another active dynasty lol.