Welcome the newest to TT IV: NewbSlice & SpreadOption

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jul 3, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Welcome the newest to TT IV: NewbSlice & SpreadOption

NewbSlice will be replacing Ur Stoopididy..
    SpreadOption will be replacing LSUtiga21

Ur Stoopididy will be stepping down for whatever reason, I hope he eventually will come back to TF though and participate in an OD.
    LSUtiga21 just never really got in touch with anyone, if he does decide to come back there will be other leagues for him.

IS THERE ANYONE WHO THINKS THEY MIGHT NOT WANT TO PARTICIPATE? LET ME KNOW RIGHT NOW PLEASE.

NewbSlice and SpreadOption..

Please sign off on the TF Rules and the TT IV Addition Rules, make sure you fully understand them first.

Then from there, fill out the "Get To Know Ya" when you have a chance. After that, you may go about choosing your team.

If you have any questions, just leave them in this thread. Welcome to TT IV!

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

NewbSlice, was just interested in the league format and liked how things looked...If I am correct, he is a member or the OFFL East..

SpreadOption is a guy that was in my dynasty before TF..he is a legit player..
    We had brauls with Navy vs Army...luckily for him, my best players were always hurt ;).

That brings up a question, Would it be okay with all of you if I moved Army to which ever conference NewbSlice doesn't pick a team from...?

As we all know, Army isn't very good..so it wouldn't be a big deal..

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I don't care really.

4. SpreadOption

SpreadOption Walk On

well army used to be in the c-usa before they became independents again

5. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Are you wanting to play as Army or are you just wanting a team to beat the shit out of? ;)

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

me? No, spreadoption wants to be army...I pretty sure once upon a time he said he wanted to go there/grew up watching them..

They are no better than whoever they would be replacing..

I'll let NewbSlice pick a team..once he has done that I will take someone out of the other conference to replace Army with..

capieche?

7. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Sounds good to me. As long as he keeps the non-conference schedule of playing Navy, Air Force, and Notre Dame. :)

Can't break up those rivalries.

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Being someone who almost went to the AFA and the Naval Academy...I wouldn't want those to go either...but sometimes they will have to go because of conflicts..

Army Navy will be there every year though for sure..

9. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Nothing against SpreadOption, but that seems a tad unfair to allow one guy to select any team and put them into one of the conferences when none of the rest of us are. You can argue that Army is on the same level as the rest of these teams, but then I'd argue that Iowa State is, too, and I would have taken them.

It's fine if you want to give him Army, and I'll go along with it if the league and commish say it's ok. Just wanted to voice my dissent on any of us being able to pick a school that's outside one of the two conferences. Again, this has nothing to do with SpreadOption (not trying to pull the Lane Kiffin vs. Florida gig and have him roll the score up on me! :) )

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah, I know what you mean but one difference would be that Army is an independent..
    They, to my knowledge, are also one star.

Im not affended by your opinion, and Im glad you brought it up if you fealt that way..

We will just have a poll...majority wins

Like I said, if he is allowed to do this, he will be put in whatever NewbSlice doesn't pick..

Shall there be a poll?

11. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I can't argue against the being an independent thing. As for the star rating, I'd say it's a pretty good bet that ISU is no more than a 2 (using my previous example). Again, I'm not saying anything against any particular player (I read that people here do know he plays legit, which is great). My only beef is that there was a poll about how the league should be set up, and we're looking to allow an exception before the league even starts. I know he's an Army fan (based on his "get to know ya" post), so technically he could go after that squad once he got enough points to "move on."

If the majority is cool with him getting Army and putting them into one of the conferences, I'm fine with it. Just wanted to voice an opinion on the matter, as I can go either way on it.

12. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Actually, I think you're right man.

We really shouldn't make a concession for one person, even if Army would fit into CUSA. There are quite a few other schools that would fit in as well and if we are going to go that far, then why limit it to only schools in these two leagues?

He said he was fine with going with Tulane instead and I think he should stick with them until the 3 season/other prerequisites are fulfilled by him to make it where he can move on to another school.

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah, you are right Parrothead...Spread will just have to pick a team and then from there move on...

It wont be very hard to end up at Army...lol

btw..Iowa st is 3 star as of '09

14. RageRoolz

RageRoolz Guest

edited post

15. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I dont care, but if you do, put Army in the MAC.

16. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

It's already been decided that he'll have to earn it, which shouldn't be too hard with our guidelines.

17. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

So we're full now right? I think everyone else that's signed up here has been active, so we should be good to go....hopefully.