Welcome to NCAA 2015...Week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GMONEY 15, Dec 16, 2012.

1. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

@selvy9 Selvy9
    Welcome to week 1 fellas. It took me a while to gt these schedules done but I made it happen. All of us have at least 2 USER games and some have 3. It's not easy doing the schedule especially trying to keep all the rivalry games intact. I took away all of the cupcake schools on our schedule and replaced them with ranked teams. Everyone has at least a A rated schedule. I didn't want to schedule games like Nebraska use to so years ago and have a F-- Non conference schedule. :D
    Welcome Droid back after he took most of last season off. He will once again be rolling with Oklahoma State. Also welcome Bigb426 as he will be taking over his favorite team, Florida State.
    Please read the posts about scholarships. Look at the number of SR that you have on your roster and then add 3 to that number. That's the amount of recruits you can bring in fellas. Please don't go over that number. I am looking for a volunteer who would look after this for the league. Schreck will make the site but it's very important that each and every one of us updates it so we can make sure that we are all doing things correctly. Schreck will have this available for our use by weeks end.

I will advance to week 2 Tuesday night 9pm est as there are no user games scheduled and only 4 teams in action.Good luck fellas.
    Welcome to Week 1!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #18 Oklahoma State Cowboys (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Cowboys will host #17 Ohio State (0-0).

=============== #11 Miami Hurricanes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Hurricanes travel to Seattle to face the Washington Huskies (0-0).

=============== #3 LSU Tigers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Tigers are idle.

=============== #22 Stanford Cardinal (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Cardinal travel to Salt Lake City to face the #24 Utah Utes (0-0).

=============== #2 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Fighting Irish travel to Ann Arbor to face the Michigan Wolverines (0-0).

=============== Wake Forest Demon Deacons (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Demon Deacons are idle.

=============== Maryland Terrapins (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Terrapins will host #13 Wisconsin (0-0).

=============== #4 Michigan State Spartans (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Spartans are idle.

=============== #20 Penn State Nittany Lions (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Nittany Lions are idle.

=============== #1 Texas Longhorns (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Longhorns are idle.

=============== #14 Oklahoma Sooners (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Sooners are idle.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  2. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

i guess i can look after the recruiting. Will i just be making sure that no one goes over the limit?

• Like Like x 1
  3. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Yeah Rice, just make sure nobody takes more than they are supposed to. I'll get an updated recruiting board up in a few days, today and tomorrow are packed for me but I'll have more time Wed.

Already pulled in 3 huge insta commits too, first time in like 7 or 8 seasons in this version of the game that I've even gotten 1 in the first week, so this is niiiice.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

I think everyone should post their number of recruits they can get. And everytime you sign someone just update it

For me it's 13 seniors +3 = 16

• Like Like x 2
  5. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Good idea Auto.

I've got 19 seniors, so 22 spots available. I'm going to open a new thread just for Recruits quick. Post all of this info over there.

• Like Like x 2
  6. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Cowboys Get Past the Bucks Despite Sloppy Play
    31-14
    [​IMG]
    Zac Butler celebrates in front of the camera after scoring a touchdown just before the half
    The season opener in Stillwater was no walkthrough. The seventeenth ranked Ohio State Buckeyes came into town looking to overcome the hostile Boone Pickens Stadium crowd. However, the Bucks had no such luck. The Pokes earned a 31-14 victory over a top 25 opponent to open the season and Mike Gundy was pleased with the results, "Well, we've got a lot to cover at practice, but we managed to play better than our opponent today. Our offense as a whole didn't seam to click today and that's disappointing, but we will be working hard to get in sync for the rest of the season. It's always easier to do that after a victory."
    The game windy game opened with a sloppy first quarter. Both teams struggled to move the ball thanks to some outstanding defense. Finally Ohio State began to pick up some steam on offense and became the first team to cross the 50 yard line. The drive ended up stalling and Coach Urban Meyer sent his kicker out to try a 53 yarder against the 14 mph winds. The kick fell well short and Senior slot receiver, David Glidden returned the kick all the way out to his own 48 yard line. The Short field lead to the first points on the day as the freshman kicker Adam Cole split the uprights on a 31 yard field goal. The Pokes were in the endzone for the first time on the very next play from scrimmage. Ohio State attempted an option play, but defensive captain Demarcus Sherrod intercepted the option pitch and returned it 19 yards.
    The second quarter started off promising, but ended up looking much like the first. Ohio State answered the Cowboy touchdown with a field goal, but the teams' offenses once again disappeared until the 3:00 minute mark. The Cowboys finally found a rhythm after backup quarterback Daxx Garmen entered the game while JW Walsh was getting his throwing elbow attended to. Garmen moved the Cowboys down the field and found Matt Russell in the endzone for a 13 yard score. The Buckeye offense again ignited a Cowboy score on the following drive.
    After a couple of successful runs, the Buckeyes decided not to settle for a 17-3 halftime deficit and began trying to move the ball through the air. The Cowboy defense had other plans and forced a sack and fumble. The turnover gave JW Walsh a short field with 0:45 second remaining until the break. It only took the senior quarterback two plays to find the endzone. Zac Butler streaked down the field and was just able to catch up the deep ball thrown by Walsh. It took all of his 6'6 frame to make the catch. The Cowboys took an impressive 24-3 lead into halftime.
    The second half continued much like the first. The only scoring in the third quarter came from an Ohio State field goal. The Buckeye kicker also missed another long range field goal which was returned by Glidden. After a quiet third quarter, the scoring once again picked up in the fourth. Ohio State was able to score on a fourth and goal from the 11 yard line with 5:36 remaining. After converting the two point conversion all of a sudden the Bucks were right back in the game. JW Walsh however, put all Scarlet and Gray hopes to rest as he marched the Cowboys on a decisive 3:20 second touchdown drive. Running back Kendall Wilson scored on a third and goal from the 3 yard line and that was the nail in the Buckeye coffin. A 17 point lead with 2:13 remaining was simply too much for Ohio State to overcome.

• Like Like x 3
  7. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Sorry I'm running late, gotta get the kids to sleep then I'll be able to jump on and get that knocked out. Hopefully be done by 10CST.

8. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Finally got done, what a ridiculous game. I am either slipping, or the cpu is getting really good, because Mich just gave me all I could handle and then some. They were going on long methodical drives, I could barely do anything to stop them. In the 4th, they drove it right down my throat to take a 1 TD lead with a minute to go, and I had no TO's left. Had the drive of my life, after going 0 for 7 on 3rd downs, I finally converted 2 of them on this drive, the second a 4 yard TD to my TE on an out route. In OT, I got the ball first, and of course my WR dropped a potential 3rd down conversion so we settled on 3, and I figured I was gonna lose this one. But then, on 1st down, I got a pick on a crossing route. Of course that would have been too easy, so on my way to running out of bounds I get hit, my guy fumbles and I had a second where my heart stopped and I had visions of them picking it up for 6, but fortunately, it went out of bounds to end the game. Just a brutal game that took everything I had, and some luck, to pull out.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

Dam that must have been one hell of a game