Welcome to the 2012 NBA Playoffs!

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by JFace907, Feb 11, 2012.

1. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

IMG_0201.JPG

Here's how it appears to be working. It is much like the regular season. We advance 1 calendar day every 8 hours. Each series should span 10 2K days. I say that because between each game there is an OFF day. For example my series has games on 4/24, 4/26, 4/28, 4/30, 5/2. Good luck boys! Only one user series in round 1, but we are set up to possibly have a complete user Quarterfinals.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

• Like Like x 2
  3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Boston v. Chicago game 1

Celtics 87 - Bulls 80

The first half was closely contested and very physical. The Bulls lead by as much as 11 in the half but we were able to make some runs to keep ourselves in the game. We went into the half down 42-39. We made some second half adjustments that lead to a 3rd quarter stalemate. We outscored the Bulls by 2 in the quarter and went into the 4th down just 1. But The 4th quarter was all Celtics. We outscored the Bulls 33-25 largely behind the clutch scoring of one Paul Pierce, the clutch offensive rebounding of KG and two huge steals by Rondo, who had a really tough game.

Up 2 with 1:30 left in the game Ray Allen hit a huge 3 to take a 5 point lead. The crowd was AMPED!!!!!! Rip Hamilton went right back down the floor to hit a 3 of his own to take it back to a 2 pt lead. But then on the very next possession Pierce took D. Rose to the hole and hit a layup over the defense to take the 4 pt lead...on the way down the floor Rose went to pass the ball, Rondo jumped up and stole it in mid air, went down and threw it down to take a 6 pt lead with under a minute left. After that Chicago was left with no choice but to foul Ray Allen, who hit all of his foul shots to preserve the win.

Few points:

a. You gotta bring your A game in these playoff games. Holy shit the Bulls dominated at points.

b. The crowd and atmosphere is another level from any sports game I've experienced. It was a Green out in Boston and the crowd noise was electric! Awesome game..

c. Fuck that was alot of fun....

Allen lead all scorers with 27 points including 5 huge 3's.

Pierce scored 25, 10 of those coming in the last 7 minutes of the game.

Our best player tonight though was Garnett who scored 20 pts but had 9 boards and he atleast contained Noah and Gibson on the offensive boards. They killed me in rebounding, but I couldn't have won this game without Garnett. He was huge.

Rondo had a bad day. He only scored 3 pts on 1/4 shooting. He couldn't get open to even get to the hole. Rose had him all himmed up. He did have 12 dimes and those two huge steals down the stretch to seal the game.

On the other side Rose had 24 , Deng had 18 and Rip had 14. Noah had 12 reb...they killed me with 8 offensive rebounds.

This is gonna be a grind of a series. Boston takes the 1-0 lead. See you tommorrow night live and direct from the TD Garden for game 2.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Round 1:

Oklahoma City - 94
    Denver - 82

Things looked grim early on as the Nuggets stormed out to a 20-6 lead on the #1 Seed Thunder in their building. The Thunder were able to battle back on the strength of their frontilne defense of Kendrick Perkins and Serge Ibaka and only trail 24-22 going into the 2nd quarter. Serge Ibaka was a MAN in the second quarter, scoring 8 points, blocking 3 shots and pulling down 9 boards. All half, Kevin Durant struggled to maintain consistency but made the shots he needed to to keep the Thunder ahead by 4 going into the break.

This trend continued as the two teams battled for position in the second half. Up by 2 with 2:30 remaining in the game, Kevin Durant buried a 15 footer and on the ensuing possession, Russell Westbrook ripped the ball from Ty Lawson and took it to the house for a NASTY dunk.

The funk was not faked.

On the next possession, Serge Ibaka blocked a Nene shot and this time, Westbrook backed down the smaller Lawson into the paint and took it around him for a nice layup to put the Thunder ahead by 6. On another Nuggets miss, Westbrook AGAIN backed down Ty Lawson for another easy layup and the game was over.

Great game, one of the more entertaining video games I have ever played. BDSDIGITAL is right, this playoff shit is intense!!

Thunder Stats:

Durant - 30 points, 11-27 shooting
    Westbrook - 27 points, 8 boards, 7 assists, 4 steals
    Ibaba - 11 points, 11 boards, 4 blocks

Nuggets Stats:

Afflalo - 20 points, 5 Boards
    Lawson - 18 points, 7 boards, 10 assists
    Nene - 4 points, 2-12 shooting

Game 2 Commences in 15 minutes!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Good luck guys. Go CPU!!

6. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Round 1
    Game 2

Oklahoma City - 90
    Denver - 83

In another tough battle that saw 19 lead changes, the top seeded Thunder dominate in the late game moments to take a commanding 2-0 lead in their first round match-up with the Denver Nuggets. The first half was a back and forth affair that saw the Thunder trailing 42-40 at the half. Kevin Durant scored 19 in the half to make up for the poor shooting of James Harden and Russell Westbrook.

In the second half, the Nuggets were able to hit some key 3s to take an 8 point lead. Then it became Durantula Time. Kevin Durant simply took over this game, proving to everyonr that he belongs in the same class as Kobe Bryant and Carmelo Anthony when it comes to closers. Durant scored 21 points in the second half, including the last 8 for the Thunder in the 4th. Danillo Gallinari had no answer for Durant's onslaught as KD finished the game with 40 points.

In the crucial moments of the 4th quarter, Nate Robinson made 3 MONSTER plays for the Thunder. The first was a huge dunk over The Birdman. Birdman's latest tattoo is of Nate's nut-sack on his forehead. Nate also hit a fall-away jumper over Nene as the shot clock expired to pull within 1 with 2:45 remaining, then on the next possession, Nate drilled a 3 pointer over the outstretched arms of Aaron Afflalo to tie up the game.

Next up is game 3 in Denver where the Thunder will have 2 chances to close this thing out and await the results of the Memphis-Clippers series winner.

Durant - 40 points
    Westbrook - 18 points, 7 boards, 6 assists, 5 steals
    Harden 15 points

Nene - 20 points
    Lawson - 6 points, 2 assists
    Gallinari - 18 points, 3-9 from beyond the arc.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  7. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

NOOOOO!!!! I'm away from the xbox for the most part until monday probably. I may try to sneak off tommorrow sometime and play all 4 games at once.

8. sonn

sonn Walk On

So your wishing them luck and hoping the CPU wins? :confused:

9. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

#BeatTheHeat is in FULL effect! I have played two games and they have been the most EXCITING experiences i have ever had in a sports title. 2K nailed the playoffs and this is just the first round! I'll have a full write up once i get home from work and play game 3. Lets just say the games have been close and if you know the old playoff addage, this series has OFFICIALLY started!

• Like Like x 2
  10. BDSDIGITAL

Yeah my series has also officially started...

Game 2

Bulls 88 - Celtics 84

The Bulls lead almost the entire way in this game. We had stretches where we just couldn't buy a bucket...but so did the Bulls. Rose was the star in game 2 scoring 28pt with 5 reb on 10-16 shooting. Rip Hamilton added 20. We did a much better job on the boards this game tying the Bulls basically on the glass and we got as many offensive rebounds as they had. Boozer had a terrible game going 3-12 with only 3 reb. He also missed some free throws down the stretch that might have cost them the game.

They lead by as many as 10 in the 4th quarter. Pierce and Allen were both having terrible games, but both came alive with less than 5 to play. We hit 3 straight threes to close the gap to a 1 possession game with about 3 minutes to go and from there it was on. The last 3 minutes of this game were intense. We traded FG's on a few possessions and the Bulls had a 3 pt lead 77-74 with about 1:30 to go when Ray Allen, who struggled all game and actually hadn't scored until the 4th quarter started, hit a clutch 3 with Luol Deng's hand right in his face to tie the game at 77. But Rip Hamilton came right back down and hit a three of his own to go up 3. We took it back and didn't have an open three but we got a great look on a mid range jumper from Pierce to keep it within one, but we were not able to take the lead again. The Bulls were up 86-84 with 19 seconds left after Hamilton hit another jumper to give them the 2 pt lead.

We moved the ball down and worked it around just trying to get the best shot we could to either tie or take the lead. We finally found Pierce from the top of the Arc...he hoisted the three, that clanked off the rim. We fouled with 3 sec left, the Bulls hit the final 2 FT's and leave Boston tied 1-1 heading back to the United Center.

This game was intense...incredibly intense. We had our shot at really putting Chicago in a hole, but at the end of the day we just needed to hit a few more shots.

Garnett had a great game scoring 25 and 10. Pierce and Allen both struggled mightily at times in this game. Pierce ended with 26 on 9-24 shooting, and Allen had 9 on 3-10 shooting and like I said he had 0 pts when the 4th quarter started.

We'll have to come correct in game three or we're in trouble. Game 3 is a must win.....if this game was intense I can't wait to see what a big game like game 3 of a 5 game set feels like! The playoff experience in 2k12 so far has been more than I could've ever expected and is by far the best experience I've had in a sports title ever...I agree with Jface. You guys that didn't make the playoffs need to find a way to get in next year.

11. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

A Cavs-Heat playoff series would be the single greatest thing that has ever happened. Get on it Stern.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Round 1
    Game 3

Oklahoma City - 99
    Denver - 77

The Oklahoma City Thunder came into the Pepsi Center after two very hard fought wins over the Denver Nuggets looking forward to another war. This proved to not be the case as Kevin Durant and the Thunder put any hopes of an historic upset to rest early by holding the normally hot shooting Nugget offense to just 10 points in the 1st quarter. As expected however, the Nuggets clicked on offense in the 2nd quarter, scoring 27 points. The problem however was that the Thunder scored 35 in that same span. Kevin Durant was on fire, scoring 23 in the half and Russell Westbrook was able to get into the paint and finish off plays early and often.

The 2nd half was all elementary as the Thunder cruised on the backs of their bench to a 22 point victory and a sweep of their division rival. Next up for the Thunder, they await the winner of the Grizzlies and Clippers.

Thunder Stats:

Durant - 34 points, 3 boards
    Westbrook - 19 points, 5 assists, 2 steals
    Sefalosha - 5 points, 7 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals

Nuggets Stats:

Gallinari - 22 points, 7 boards (7-20 shooting)
    Nene - 15 points, 8 boards
    Lawson - 15 points, 9 assists

13. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I didn't even realize that the series were only best of 5.

14. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Congrats to Mike E on his First Round sweep of the Nuggets.

15. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Dru said he believes it may be best of 5 throughout. I know the first 2 rounds are best of 5 because thats as far as the guys who played the last baseline's playoffs got

16. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Was out of town, haven't played in a few days either. Bet the CPU beats me heh.

17. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

[​IMG]

18. sonn

sonn Walk On

[​IMG]

19. BDSDIGITAL

Celtics win both games in Chicago. Win Series 3-1...

and we are packing our bags for game 1 of the Eastern Conference Semi's in the Mecca....

Can't wait!

20. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Cavs Stumble Late, Heat Take Early Series Lead
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Teams 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    CAVS 21 18 21 10 70
    Heat 18 23 18 21 80

Miami, FL: The time is finally here. Playoff basketball and the Cleveland Cavaliers meet again. You couldn't get hollywood to write this script though. In Cleveland's triumph return they head to nowhere else, but Miami. The place that their once beloved son betrayed them to go. "I won't lie to you, this is a lil more than a playoff series. This is personal," said Cavs owner Dan Gilbert. By the way these two teams started their playoff series it was made quite obvious that this was indeed personal. The Cavaliers came out prepared and fought hard against the Heat, but once "winning time" came the Cavs seemed to vanish. "Only score 10 points in the 4th Quarter of a game is unacceptable. Postseason, preseason, regular season, whatever. I WON'T have it," exclaimed Cavs coach Byron Scott. Led by Dewayne Wade (24, 5, and 5) and LeBron James (19, 4, and 4) the Miami Heat would take Game 1 80-70 in front of the White Out at the American Airlines Arena. The Cavs leading scorer was Kyrie Irving with 23 points (with 7 assists). The next leading scorer was Alonzo Gee with 13. "We need more balance and a lot of that falls on me," said Center Andrew Bogut who had a disappointing 4 points. With the win, the word has already spread to continue the White Out after the off day for Game 2.

21. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

#BeatTheHeat Back on Course! Heading to Cleveland All Even
    Teams 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    CAVS 23 20 27 24 94
    Heat 22 25 23 17 87

Miami, FL: In Game 2 the Big 3 showed up real big for the Heat, however no one else did. The Big 3 totaled for 61 of the Heat's 87 points with D-Wade leading the way scoring 22. The Cavs were led by a big 3 of their own in Irving, Bogut, and Redd with each scoring 24, 16, and 14 respectively. THe difference however was the remaining Cavs helped chip in with all players that recorded time on the court scoring. The key of the game was the Cavaliers interior defense swatting 8 of the Heat's shots led by Bogut with 4. "A great showing by Bogut tonight. He came up to me after Game 1 saying he wanted to be more assertive and thats exactly what he did," said Coach Byron Scott. "We called his number a lot in the second half and he made us look like geniuses. Him shooting 8 for 10 will make anyone look good though." The game definitely didn't start off on the right foot for Bogut as he picked up 2 fouls in the first 50 seconds of the game. "I didn't let it get to me. I just took my seat for the rest of the first quarter and i knew i had to come back better and smarter," said the Aussie. The Cavs now look to ride this momentum into Cleveland where this is now a 3 game series with the Cavs hosting 2 of those 3. "We can do this. We've got home court and we've always been a great home team and i KNOW the Q will be rocking," said Coach Scott.

22. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

One of my games was a sim loss, lost my 2nd game, and was going into the 4th of my 3rd game down 9 and the game froze. I just have a black screen. Grrrr.

23. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Just from looking at the nba2k site, it looks like you got the sim loss.

24. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Well. That sucks. Only lost the one by 2 points (Chris Paul missed an A+ Shot from 3) and the other 2 were sim losses. This fucking game freezes too much. Think after all these years they'd fix that.

25. BDSDIGITAL

So anyway the Celtics beat the Bulls 3-1 to take the series.

Instead of giving a breakdown of the 2 games in Chicago, I'll just break the series down real quick.

After we split the first two games in Boston, I realized that I couldn't just man them up. So we started initiating doubles on Rose and dropping our def pressure and upping our help defense. We were only able to do this for two reasons: a. Garnett was making Boozer his bitch in the first 2 games, and that continued in games 3-4. If this was a real life series he'd be getting hated on without remorse....b. I knew that although Rip Hamilton and Deng were playing way above their heads in the first two games they were bound to start missing some shots...and they did. I also knew that they couldn't consistently outscore their counterparts Allen and Pierce...which they couldn't.

So we made Rose give up the ball as soon as he hit half court on most possessions and made the Bulls go to Deng and Hamilton. Boozer couldn't score on Garnett and Noah can't score against air, so they didn't have a ton of options. In games 3 and 4 they played well, but Pierce and Allen played better than them and Garnett outscored Boozer in both games like 50-15 combined...By the end of the 1st half in game 4 they had nothing left and we ran away with the game.

They rebounded great in this series but that's not enough to win consistently. Turning them into a jump shooting team ended up killing their chances.

Rose though was by far their best asset and had we not addressed him we wouldn't have won the series. He is that team.

The Knicks provide a much different challenge. They will contend with us in the paint and they have more than one guy that can light it up on a consistent basis. Our keys to winning are simple. We need to outplay them in the paint...we have to keep them off the free throw line, and we can't concentrate soley on Carmelo. He's gonna score but if we can win the other matchpus we have a chance. The biggest matchup I think in that series is Rondo v. Davis. If Rondo can dominate that matchup that will go a long way to winning the series. It should be alot of fun.

• Like Like x 1