Welcome To The Black Hole.... (Raiders Game Summaries)

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by DreSmithJr, Sep 3, 2014.

1. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

Raiders 2014 Season Schedule
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  2. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

Week 1 Oakland Raiders @ New York Jets

"Defense Shines Despite Loss of Carr In Week 1 Win"
    [​IMG]

Coming into the 2014 Season, The Oakland Raiders were unsure about a lot of things.... and after week one a lot of those questions still remain, But at least one was answered... The Defense is ready to be a factor!

After Derek Carr started the game of throwing two interceptions the Oakland fans were thinking "Welp Here We Go Again" as they saw the score go to 6-0 Jets up after the first. But early in the second quarter, Derek Carr got injured and something changed. Defensive Captain Charles Woodson said "we knew that we had to make something happen on defense so that the offense was not put into tough situations. Every man looked each other in the eye and agreed"

The result? 3 interceptions, and 6 sacks from the defense that was swarming to the ball like Oakland hasn't seen in a while. Coach Dennis Allen was seen on the side line fist pumping and excited as the defense continue to make plays. "Combine that defensive performance with the play of Matt Schaub who came in the game and threw 3 TDs and no interceptions and we have a recipe for success" said Allen.

To expect this kind of performance every week would be unrealistic but one can dream.....

The Raiders have their home opener next week versus JJ Watt and the Houston Texans, which is Matt Schaubs old team. "Its sure to be a little emotional, but Im going to do my best to show them that they made a mistake letting me go"

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Great write up Dre- new guys can learn from stuff like this.