Welcome to the Dawg Pound - A Cleveland Browns CCM

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by Papa Perry, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Jul 1, 2009
    Cleveland, OH - We're at the site of what will probably be one of the most unforgettable moments in both Cleveland Brown and NFL history. After winning the greatest amount of money ever accumulated in a lottery, Alabama redneck, Papa Perry has purchased the Cleveland Browns and assumed all control and coaching responsibilities. When asked why he purchased the Browns he was quoted saying: "I wanted to go where that damn Trent Richardson went and win a championship for him." While most assume Coach Perry is just a dumb hick that struck it lucky, he has quite a bit of knowledge of the game and has studied the coaching philosophies of current University of Alabama head coach Nick Saban.

"We will install the 3-4 defense our #1 priority is to stop the run. We have a very talented secondary but even a great secondary needs help from pass-rushers. Some of them are already here, others I will have to go sign. Our offense will be a straight 50-50 using the run to set up play-action passes. We're gonna have fun here in Cleveland. I may yell, hell I may even show up drunk, but no matter what it's gonna be fun."

House Rules:

1. Only one player trade allowed per year (offseason and in season)
    2. May never possess more than 2 1st round picks
    3. No use of any scouting guides
    4. No scouting beyond a letter grade
    5. Only allowed to draft 1 storyline player per draft
    6. No trading of players for salary cap purposes. Players will be cut instead.
    7. No poaching of players off FA during the preseason/season. If a player is there that probably shouldn’t be, I will leave him to be signed by a CPU team.
    8. All games will be simmed
    9. No purchase of the scouting package
  2. Papa Perry

Jul 1, 2009
    2013 Season Preview

Cap Space: $24.59M

Team Goals:
    5+ Wins
    1+ Pro Bowl Player
    2+ Division Wins

Week 1: vs Eagles
    Week 2: at Bengals
    Week 3: vs Bills
    Week 4: at Ravens
    Week 5: at Giants
    Week 6: vs Bengals
    Week 7: at Colts
    Week 8: vs Chargers
    Week 9: vs Ravens
    Week 10: BYE
    Week 11: at Cowboys
    Week 12: vs Steelers
    Week 13: at Raiders
    Week 14: vs Chiefs
    Week 15: vs Redskins
    Week 16: at Broncos
    Week 17: at Steelers

Team Analysis:
    Offensively, I see a lot to work with. Some would say Richardson was NFL ready as a freshman. The WRs are young and it shows. Cribbs is the only one that's been in the NFL more than 3 years. The offensive line should be able to handle keeping the QB upright as long as he can make quick decisions. We'll find out if Weeden is the answer and he better perform. Coach Perry has already made remarks about that "ol' ass greenhorn QB." Hopefully for the franchise the QB responds well to the criticism or it could be a long season on the offensive side of the ball. Defensively is pretty good right now. Even though we'll have guys playing out of position there are a couple of guys I'm excited about at each level of the defense.
  3. Papa Perry

Jul 1, 2009
    OLB Aaron Maybin $890k

Big names in camp released were HB Brandon Jackson, LB Scott Fujita, DE Juqua Parker, and CB Sheldon Brown
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Jul 1, 2010
    Good luck Papa Perry, I'll be following. Hope you can find 34 edge rushers more easily than I could.
  5. Papa Perry

Jul 1, 2009
    S1 First Quarter Review

Week 1: Browns 34 Eagles 17
    Solid win for Coach Perry. Weeden (255-2) had a shaky first start getting sacked 5 times and only completing under 60% of his passes. But he didn't turn the ball over which is what Coach Perry likes. He also completed a pass to 8 different WRs, one of which is future FA Mohamed Massaquoi who looks to be working hard in his auditions. Rookie Josh Gordon hauled in 6 for 68. The running game was pathetic with Richardson struggling in his debut and the only highlight being a 22 yard run by Hardesty. Defensively forced Vick (152-1) to throw 3 INTs and only complete 30% of his passes. After punting the ball 7 times, you have to expect Cribbs to take one back right? Well, he did for 82 yards.

Week 2: Bengals 47 Browns 20
    Ouch! I knew a loss was coming but not an ass kicking. Even though we picked Dalton off once and held him to a modest 16 for 30 for 146 yards, he found FB John Connor twise for TDs. BJGE was the one that hurt us the most. Green-Ellis rumbled down field 30 times for 138 yards and found the endzone once. The sad part is we forced him to fumble twice and WR Brandon Tate once after a catch and we never recovered any of those fumbles. On offense, our rookie QB Brandon Weedn went 4-4...that is 4 INTs and sacked 4 times. Weeden ended the day with 179 yards passing and he found the endzone once but that had more to do with who caught it: Trent Richardson. Yes, Trent got his first TD in his professional career. While it wasn't a rushing TD I'm sure he appreciates it all the same. Rushing-wise his day wasn't great at all, 13 carries for 29 yards.

Week 3: Bills 23 Browns 13
    Lost a game here we could've won. Weeden throws for 228 but throws 3 INTs in the process. Running game of Richardson and Hardesty combined for just 87 yards and Richardson got his 1st career rushing TD. Rookie WR Josh Gordon hauled in the most receptions with 7 for 88 yards. Defensively Chris Cogong picked up our only sack while D'Qwell Jackson and Usama Young each picked off Ryan Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick (241-2-2) found Stevie Johnson 13 times for 135 yards and a TD. He got the other TD pass to Scott Chandler.

Week 4: Browns 30 Ravens 25
    We beat who?!?! Where?!?! That's right folks, Cleveland picks up their 2nd win of the season in Baltimore. Weedon showed out and made the Raven defense look silly completing 29 of 45 for 382 yards and 2 TD. While he did throw an INT we'll let it slide with the win. Everyone was catching passes again today. Gordon led the team in receiving yards (103) while he tied for most receptions with Massaquoi (8). TE Jordan Cameron hauled in one of Weeden's passes for a TD and Richardson got the other. Speaking of Richardson, he had yet another rough day on the ground (13-37) but did find the end zone again just like fellow running back Hardesty (14-31). On the defensive side, Jabaal Sheard got a sack, forced fumble, and fumble recovery while only totaling 2 tackles.

Browns elected to not resign K Phil Dawson. $3.81M is too rich for my blood on a kicker. Also ended negotiations with LB Kaluka Maiava, TE Banjamin Watson, and surprisingly WR/RET Josh Cribbs.
    Offered WR Mohamed Massaquoi 2yr $800k/yr. He wanted $810k/yr

DE Frostee Rucker is done for the season and will go on the IR with a torn tricep.

With Rucker hitting the IR, Coach Perry goes out and signs DE Marcus Dixon.

Draft Storylines
    -The top FB in college football, Idaho FB Aldean Jacobs is out 3 weeks with a knee injury.
    -With 8 sacks through 5 games, Nebraska DE Jarred Lee is impressing scouts with his toughness and ability to get to the QB.
    -LB Michael Jones anchors what should be an outstanding Boston College defense this season.
    -Averaging over 100 yards per game, Florida HB Alexander Dupont has the ability to breakaway for long runs with his great speed.
    -Capable of breaking tackles in the open field, LSU TE Brandon Boss could be the next great receiving TE threat.
    • Like Like x 1