Welcome to The Hot Seat, Superbowl Style

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by thafuture3886, Nov 8, 2012.

1. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Been slacking off on the content lately and with a day off and the Superbowl tonight, why not do a special edition of The Hot Seat? (y) In this edition we have Superbowl coaches thoov08 and redlishus sit with us for a couple questions before the big game tonight.

1) First off congrats on making the Super Bowl and congrats on successful seasons, win or lose. What do you feel has been the key to making it this far?

Coach thoov08: I have focused on two main things this season. First, I want to win the turnover battle every game. Sanchez has had his share of poor throws and has thrown some picks, but my secondary has been fantastic at getting INTs. My LBs have forced a ton of fumbles as well. Second, being able to hold opponents to field goal attempts in the red zone has been huge. As many great offenses are out there, everyone is going to be able to drive the field but my team's red zone defense has been strong and bailed me out of many tough spots.

Coach Redlishus: Thank you Curtis. My key has been limiting mistakes and forcing my opponents into making them. When I have made them (missed 3 FG's), preventing my opponents from taking advantage has been key

2) From what you may or may not know about your opponent, how do you plan on approaching this game to ultimately come out with the win?

Coach thoov08: I think if I can avoid turnovers I will be able to drive down the field and put points on the board. Facing off against Rodgers and those great WRs is going to be a tough matchup. I think Revis and Cromartie will hold their own, but it's going to be difficult to contain guys like J Jones, Cobb, and Finley too. If I can keep them in check I think I have a shot.

Coach Redlishus: I know nothing about Taylor. Never played him nor have I played the Jets at all in madden this year. This will definitely hurt me. I think the first 2 quarters will be a feeling out period for both teams. Make my usual second half adjustments and hope its enough to come out ahead. Mark Sanchez has been filthy lately and I hope I can just fluster him.

3) This matchup features strength on strength with the multi talented wide receiving corps of the Packers vs. arguably the best 2 man tandem at CB in the league in Revis and Cromartie. How do you feel your group matches up with the other?

Coach thoov08: Revis and Cromartie have shut down a lot of great WR duos in man coverage all season long. I like to run a good mix of man and zone, so making sure those great CBs will be in the right spots to stop Jennings and Nelson will be high priority.

Coach Redlishus: I beg to question the best 2 man CB tandem but that's for a different time. Just got to mix it up and keep the d on their toes. I'm hoping my running game comes to play so I don't have to rely so much on the passing game to move the ball. I've been struggling lately to get drives going, albeit 2 passes last game. It will come down to Cobb making a play but you can't forget about Jermichael Finley. He's been a beast and is a tough matchup for anyone with his size.

4) Role players are prone to have big games and become stars in the Super Bowl, which player (offense or defense) should we be looking for to have a big game that no one expected?

Coach thoov08: My LBs and safeties have come up huge late in big games forcing turnovers late to seal close games. I think a guy like SS Yeremiah Bell or Nickel back Evan Lankster could do something big this game.

Coach Redlishus: Now if I told you that, how could it be a surprise. I have someone that comes to mind and I guess we will just have to find out who that is after the game.

5) Lastly, and i know it may pain you to do so but if you can, please provide us with a prediction on how tonight's game will end?

Coach thoov08:I've been on a long streak of winning close games over some great opponents. I think the Jets will come out on top of another tight game 24-21.

Coach Redlishus: I personally believe that 12th Man are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh. . . people out there in our league don't have players and, uh, I believe that our, uh, offense like such as in New England and, uh, the Oakland, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our defense over HERE in the 12th Man should help the 12th Man, uh, or, uh, should help Chicago and should help the Baltimore and the AFC South, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children.

I'd like to thank thoov08 and redlishus on participating in this special edition of The Hot Seat and wish them both the best of luck tonight in the Superbowl.

• Like Like x 7
  2. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Great read...but the last paragraph that Troy provided us with... completely lost me.

GL ladies.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  3. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Great read.

As a Jets fan, Im appalled you called Ellis Lankster, "Evan"

OK, not really. He sucks.

Good luck gents!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

good luck again guys, and great job curtis, only fitting one of the most familiar with the superbowl hosts the superbowl hotseat

• Like Like x 2
  5. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

In my defense I was writing it in a hurry on my phone at work...

6. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

OK, you get a break then.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

great job guys

8. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Great read!