Welcome to the WBL

Discussion in 'WBL: World Baseball League' started by PAgamer07, Aug 29, 2013.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Alright gentlemen, this will be our new home. I will be getting some individual threads up for things such as team names, rules discussions, logos, etc. In the meantime, feel free to use this thread for any other topics you would like to discuss.

As mentioned in the PM, We are all very excited to get this league off the ground. It will take several weeks before we have finalized our setup, gotten our logos and uniforms as well as getting the file live and running some tests. We have an excellent group of GMs here and I think this will be the ultimate challenge.

sonn will be assisting with this league and will be taking over as either commissioner or assistant commissioner. I want to get this thing off the ground, and see where it takes us.

I will do everything in my power to ensure that the divisions are as balanced as possible, but also make sense geographically. We have a great group of GM's but with ratings off, all teams starting on equal revenue footing, this should be the ultimate challenge.

Feel free to chime in with any questions you may have in the interim.

Below are our 16 GM's.

abolishthefed
    BigSmooth33
    Blaza
    Bondzai
    Brandon S.
    briosu99
    Colemanchu
    HAL9100
    JFace907
    JohnnyClutch
    JrRawlins
    PAgamer07
    ryalaman
    sonn
    Timpegoose
    ty5oke

• Like Like x 2
  2. sonn

sonn Walk On

Can I just boot Raj now then?

• Like Like x 3
  3. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Hey nerds

• Like Like x 1
  4. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

:(

5. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    What is this traitors!

• Like Like x 1
  6. PAgamer07

Huh? We've been talking about a second league for months

7. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Guess I missed the memo.

8. PAgamer07

Trying to keep it small to start.

9. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Hmm I think our dear commissioner failed to pass the memo along with that, I'm with you@Neurotictruth didn't get the memo about this.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

This is a he man woman haters club.

Wait...

11. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Great, more rape to our server.

12. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Going to run both sims at once while updating statslab for extra rapage.

• Like Like x 2
  13. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Let me know when you do, I'll update reports for The Dugout as well.

14. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Sorry if this has been covered some where, I saw people talking about have potential ratings on so is this just for like regular drafts or are we having a team draft to select the players are teams start with?

15. PAgamer07

We will be having an inaugural draft on the boards to draft just our 25 man rosters.

16. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Y'all are going to have fun with this. This looks like a blast. Sad I missed it.

17. Sharkman37

Sharkman37 Walk On

Bummed my intiial "I am in" response on this when it was first proposed got lost in the paperwork. =-(

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  18. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Same.. :(

19. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

[​IMG]

20. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

[​IMG]

21. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I figured there would be more new people...

• Like Like x 3
  22. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

the wait continues.......

23. electrickeeper

electrickeeper Be Massive, My Friend

So this is full? Damn.

24. PAgamer07

abolishthefed
    BigSmooth33
    Blaza
    Bondzai
    Brandon S.
    briosu99
    Colemanchu
    HAL9100
    JFace907
    JohnnyClutch
    JrRawlins
    ryalaman
    sonn
    Timpegoose
    ty5oke
    electrickeeper
    recchem2000
    Sharkman37
    NeuroticTruth

Hey Guys. My apologies on my lack of communication lately. Due to the Holidays and some indecision on how to shape our league, I have really been kind of in limbo. With that said... I have some exciting news.

First... the bad news. We will be hosting this league as well as our forums off site. I have spoken with a member in the OOTP community in regards to hosting services and this comes at a fee. I will be paying for this out of my pocket, but if anyone wants to donate, once the site is up and running I will post a link to paypal donations but this is not required. Why our forums as well? Two reasons... first the package includes forums as well as the ability to update our own front page. So why not use them? But secondly is for the awesome news...

We will be going with a relegation and promotion structure for the league. This will involve expansion to 24 teams instead of our proposed 16. To fill some of these spots we will most likely have to recruit from the OOTP community and getting permission to post here on TSO is a bit of a hassle due to the current approval process. I would much rather go with 40 or even 56, but this will come at a later date depending on how things work out and how much interest is drawn.

The way it works is pretty cool. There will be a parent league of 8 teams (2 divisions). That league will have two sub leagues beneath it of 8 teams in each league. There will be 2 divisions in each league which at the end of the season will play for the championship. The champion of each league moves up (and all minor league teams with it) and they choose which division they go to and the team with the worst record moves down. The awesomeness of this is that we can share free agents, draft classes, waivers, etc between the 3 leagues. For more competitiveness we could possibly go with 10 teams per league (still two divisions) but that would mean that if we wanted to add more leagues we would need to add in blocks of 20 instead of 16. BUT there will be more competitiveness between the divisions. This can be discussed.

I am currently on the fourth test of this league as I have worked out most of the bugs and gotten most everything to work properly. Part of the hold up with this league getting off the ground is the lack of participation in regards to logos, unis, names of teams in your systems, etc. This problem has been solved as I will be creating all teams with logos and uniforms from OOTP which I have found. If you want to create your own team (or use one of the ones you already selected) you can. But keep in mind... if you dont do the work yourself, I will do it for you the way I want to in regards to your team name logos and uniforms.

Depending on the size of the league we will have a board of directors who will handle important decision making. In addition, I will be finding an artistic director to work on some really cool stuff which I will share with everyone once we get yes or no votes of in or not. Signature banners, personalized player cards, stuff like that. And finally... We will need a content manager to update the website's front page and news articles. I have also learned from my mistakes with the dugout and there will be some content requirements to remain a member of the league. Nothing drastic, but requirements non the less. Absentee owners are a bad thing. There will possibly be an incentive based system in regards to participation, but this will be discussed prior to be going live. I also learned that there is a reluctance to participate in a league with others on this site. Those days are behind me and those in the league. So if having someone in the league will keep you from joining... please stay out. Competition is a good thing, but so is inclusiveness.

A few details of the league:

• 120 game season
    • Shared draft classes, Free Agents, waivers, etc
    • There will be NO salary cap- but instead a harsh luxury tax penalty
    • Negative cash will carry over to the next season! No more owners bailing people out
    • Draft pick trading and trading of newly drafted players will be allowed
    • 7 day sims on Sunday Morning, Tuesday-Thurs-Friday Evenings.
    • Daily sims during the offseason
    • Stars off
    • Potential Only (no ratings)
    • Scale on ALL attributes will be 1-5. The smallest possible scale in OOTP to really bring your best player evaluations to the game.
    • The league will be named the World Baseball Association. The Top league will be called Champions Baseball League. It's two subleagues will be The Rawlings Baseball League and the Spalding Baseball League. Subsequent sub leagues will be sponsored leagues.

Those of you tagged above showed interest in this league. If you are in please let me know by Friday 8PM EST at the latest. Please post here if in or out and if you have any questions.

Thanks.

25. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

In

• Like Like x 1