**Welcome**--We are the Mid-Majors!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JHeb, Jul 9, 2009.

1. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

**Welcome**--We are the Mid-Majors!!

Welcome all to the OFFL MM as it will be referred to by myself and others I'm sure, or even just "MM", not to be confused with Madden Mania, etc.

Anyway, this will be the main area for all members of the OFFL MM to come and get information on the dynasty, ask questions, post thoughts, etc.

There will TONS for all of us to learn and get used to but this will be a great experience for us all...

So, check back often, post often and be an active part of the OFFL community..

Enjoy!!

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I see your forums are up. Good. If you see a guy with the name Drifterbub, he's the one to thank. He did the setup.

I'm sure a number of the guys will be stopping in to meet you guys, so you'll see some new names floating around. Also, a number of TF and OFFL members have expressed and interest in playing here, so you may get some requests soon, too.

I'll post a quick roster for you. It will be blank, but it'll fill up fast, I'm sure. I'll also post a copy of the league description. This too, will be mostly blank, but as we develop the rules and such for 2010, we'll update it. New members are directed to these posts in order to match them with a league, so they're kind of standard issue in every forum - saves us a lot of time answering questions over and over again.

I imagine team choices are probably coming soon. Can't wait to see who you guys choose.

Hope you like the new home,

AG

3. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

It's a hard decision on which team to take...

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

You're an Oklahoma guy. Tulsa?

I was BYU in one last year, but we stopped that league when we went to the one guy/one team format.

Boise, Fresno, Utah, Marshall - there's some good tradition around.

5. Thrilledge

Thrilledge Guest

I'll take New Mexico if they're available.

6. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

As I said in the other thread, I'm definitely down with playing in this league. MWC or the WAC are definitely two conferences that I rarely play with so it'll be fun to get to play with one of those schools.

7. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I'm thinking ECU...

8. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

I'm down for Southern Mississippi! Hey, Matrix, if you roll with ECU, we can battle for the East Division in C-USA...

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

The GHOD guys are going to get team preference, so I'll add them to the roster while JHeb is away. He'll probably give the go ahead to the other guys as soon as the guys coming over get a pick.

10. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Uh oh, you'll kick my butt. Grats on getting to #1 in our '09 dynasty. Should be an interesting national championship game.

I got stuck in the Texas Bowl even though I beat ND and only lost to #1 Florida.

11. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

The plan for team allotment is basically the same as it was in the Grey Hair...I have a "Team Draft Order" set up based on who joined the GHOD first, etc. I do have the option to alter the list based on who comes here to the OFFL boards and registers, responds to my XBL messages, etc. For now, here is the (updated) order:

1) JHeb--Southern Miss (CUSA East)
    2) Wildcatter--Tulsa (CUSA West)
    3) MatrixMonkey--ECU (CUSA East)
    4) MaxAttack360--Fresno St. (WAC)
    5) KillaJo90405--Boise St. (WAC)
    6) DirtyCashDylan--TCU (MWC)
    7) Shane79013--Utah (MWC)
    8) Steamrolle--LaTech (WAC)
    9) Jackwack3r--Nevada (WAC)
    10) Kingofthe843--Houston (CUSA West)
    11) NatiSaint-New Mexico (MWC)
    12) ? - ? (MWC)

Waiting List:
    None At This Time

Thanks...

JHeb

12. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Thanks, lets see if I can win it this year after getting blown out in the game last year!

We had a tough game against each other that came down to the last possession! I'm having a hard time settling on a team so stay tuned...USM just has a variety of uniforms which I always like!

13. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

So do we choose any team from these conferences regardless of prestige?

14. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Yes...Slight change from what was going to be done at GHOD. Moving up as the coach won't quite be like it was going to be at GHOD either but you can still move up to higher schools based on openings that occur at the bigger schools. All coaching moves take place in the offseason as they normally do in real life.

Lots to take in and learn about the OFFL (me too) but this is going to be a great thing for all of us...

15. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Can I play with Boise St? I think the blue turf is where its at for me this year!

16. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Possibly...MaxAttack has signed up here and he is next in the Team Draft. I'm sure he'll quickly choose his team. Not sure what direction he'll go but the odds of you ending up with Boise are good I'd think. At least from a mathmatical point of view.

17. SpreadOption

SpreadOption Walk On

I would like to get in this league if possible:

as for preferred teams
    1.BYU
    2.Utah
    3.Utah State

so hopefully i can get in

18. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I'll add you to the list...Thanks for the interest! I'll let you know.

19. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I switched my team from Tulsa to Southern Miss...Just wanted to bring that to everyone's attention in case they wanted Tulsa to begin with. Team Draft order still in play here...

20. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Dang you Jheb! I would've got on the wait list here with the Mid's had it not been for you being Tulsa already! lol I suppose I'll just have to do a bang up job at NT and try to earn a shot at Tulsa (If we're still doing/running it that way?).

Though its good to see another Okie on here!

21. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I can still add you if you want...Tulsa is now open so you never know who'll pick which team. Shall I add you on just in case? BTW, there are at least 3 other Okies that will be part of the Mid-Majors (Me, Wildcatter78, DirtyCashDylan). I think I'm forgetting someone...

22. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Eh, its all good, I'll stick with fixing Todd Dodge's mess lol. I appreciate it though.

That's quite a few Okies, good to know, of all the sites I've been on I don't think I've been around that many fellow in-staters. This weather is about to kill me and our kids in summer pride. 110's are just a bit harsh for me lol.

23. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

you said it

24. Thrilledge

Thrilledge Guest

Thanks. Building up the bad teams is what makes the game fun!!

25. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

You guys got pretty full in a hurry. Wow.