Welcome!

Discussion in 'Freshmen Orientation' started by GDip, Jun 25, 2013.

1. GDip

GDip Walk On

Hello all and welcome to the feeder league(s) for Rookie Symposium in M25. As you all know we are an established group of Madden players who are now branching our league into NCAA football. As long as everyone is committed we should have a great time in both leagues.

We will eventually break into two leagues, with me as commish of this one and Snake Eyez being commish of the other. But for now I thought it would be best to start as one big group. This way we can vote on what conferences ppl want to use, and hopefully ppl can then choose which league they want to be in depending on what conferences will be used in each league.

For now we have 20 members who have shown interest: (I just added aspect)
    nellycuz - IN
    RRAHx2 - IN
    Coachmedicis - IN
    UofCWildcat
    Jonathan Applegate - IN
    TryHardNation - IN
    Snake Eyez - IN
    jay2149 - IN
    GDip - IN
    whatspeakyou - IN
    oneshot24 - IN
    SFRANGER6969 - IN
    Hitmhrd72 - IN
    AwaLL - IN
    Craig Brown - OUT
    BrewBomber - IN
    SmashMouthFB33 - IN
    mmorgan184
    Anthrax78 - IN
    Aspect1 - IN

We have LOTS of decisions to make before the game launches in under 2 weeks.
    But first lets get a roll call. Everyone who is still in please just post below so we can confirm. And we will move forward from there.

*Guys I also want you to consider if you're going to be sticking around NCAA once Madden comes out. I really enjoy the group of guys on this list, but I also want to avoid having a number of ppl leave after just one season b/c of Madden. We are a startup league on TSO in NCAA and having players bolt so quickly will not help our cause. So please consider this heavily before committing to this league.

Thanks guys and look forward to a great year!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

I'M staying around either way with the Xbox one coming out i will stick to both the 360 and the one i will also get the PS4 too so my nights will be full but i'm RS till the end you all treat me like Family and that all i have been looking for in a league

• Like Like x 1
  3. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

I will be active for sure (have season ticket as well for anyone who wants a scimmage prior to release with someone who runs pro-style and punts)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

I will be around.

• Like Like x 1
  5. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

I'm game, and I have season ticket I believe until Madden releases.....What's the season ticket release date? 3 days before?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

Yes. I think like sometime that Friday.

7. GDip

GDip Walk On

Indeed. the 5th for Season Ticket. I have it as well so that will give lots of us time to figure things out.

8. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

GDip Im still interested and will be around for NCAA and Madden.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

We'll probably need a vote on whether it's a career based OD (starting at the bottom) or open team (this falls under team caliber and conferences too).

I'm thinking the majority won't want to go the career route, simply because it takes a few seasons to either build the program or get a job offer elsewhere.

I'm also thinking that each user would need something like a minimum of 3 or 4-user games on their schedule, depending on the conference lay-out we end up choosing. I am in favor of moving some teams around the conferences if someone is set on using a particular team and the move makes geographic sense.... even if the real NCAA doesn't necessarily do that anymore. lol.

I also hate trying to enforce any kind of recruiting/scholarship limitations... it becomes too much to manage and someone will always go over their limit or whatever (similar to RS & the FA/contract extension rules).

10. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

I'm in and would prefer to do a career based dynasty but i'm game for anything. If we do big conferences I would want ACC so i can be my Syracuse squad.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

I am in and would prefer the career based dynasty as well.

12. BrewBomber

BrewBomber Walk On

13. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

MINE!!!!! LOL

14. whatspeakyou

whatspeakyou Walk On

I'm in. Would prefer Illinois if we have a choice of teams.

15. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

whats yours?

16. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

Syracuse LOL

17. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

hahaha - get out of here... i didn't realize there was more than 1 cuse fan hahaha.

18. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

Are you freaking kidding me??

19. whatspeakyou

whatspeakyou Walk On

What? :(

20. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

I am in and this will be the only NCAA league I plan on playing in! Glad to see this league got up and running, very excited about this.

21. Aspect1

Aspect1 Walk On

I am in, I will only play in RS Madden and this league. I am a die hard Buckeye fan but would settle for Rutgers since they are close to home.

22. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

How do the more established premier dynasty's work? I think we should model after some of those as far as conferences and rules and how they run things?

23. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

Why not do one league of bigger schools where people would enjoy playing as the big 10 or big 12 etc....and one league of a career dynasty where people must start out as 1 star schools or i think someone said coordinators.

24. GDip

GDip Walk On

this is the idea. since we have 2 leagues the idea is to have two different types of leagues and then ppl can choose which one they want to go to. Although, that being said, if the majority of ppl don't want to play with the top schools, or with the smaller conf. then we'll stay away from that.

25. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

which is the other league?