Well........hmmmm.

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Mar 26, 2010.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Well........hmmmm.

Some interesting action going on in Season 7 of the Tradition 1 league

Week 8
    #2 VTECH held on to beat #9 Clemson 31-28 to take over the #1 Spot in the polls

Week 9 - The Mighty has Fallen
    #3 Auburn knocks off #1 Georgia in convincing matter 36-20

So as we have it it looks like the poll for week 10 will look like this

1. Auburn 8-0
    2. VTECH 7-0
    3. Alabama 8-0
    4. Cincinnati 8-0
    5. Florida State 7-0
    6. Texas Tech 8-0
    7. Georgia 7-1
    8. UNC 7-1
    Auburn has the annual war with Alabama. And what a year for Auburn to Schedule VTECH for the last game of the season....WOW! VTECH looks to remain unbeaten until that game as the Miami game will be controlled by the CPU.

Looks like we could have a NEW NATIONAL CHAMPION this season!!!

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

WTF How is UGA still ahead of UNC! We were #1 in the country week 1, lost by 3 and fell to #10. Craptown!

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I am guessing....I don't see them falling too many spots because they lost the the #3 team in the country.

4. Blaza

Meh, UT was top 5 when we lost by 3 and that was 9 weeks ago. We've reeled off 8 straight and beaten 2 users since then! UGA gets blown out by Auburn's squad of Raggamuffins and stays ahead! :( Eff the SEC!

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Who did you beat Clemson and GTECH? Bottom line with all those undefeated teams ahead of you....you need help!

6. Blaza

Hahah yes the same teams you beat asshole!!! Only I was much more stylish :D. Oh well, as long as I win out I should be in. Big test against FSU next week.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Well I have to beat Auburn where you lost the Tenn........so..........[​IMG]

8. Blaza

Yeah I guess either way everyone has to go through a conference championship game. But it seems the top SEC team (not playing in the SEC title) ends up weasling their way in there many times. What does the SEC championship picture look like? Auburn/Bama vs. UGA?

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yeah UGA is in vs BAMA/Burn. Auburn has a tough road still....BAMA, VTECH and then UGA again if they beat Bama.

Not Sure what Bama's schedule looks like. Things will shake out in the next few weeks. All I know is I am on cruise control until week 14...hheheheheheheheeheh

10. Blaza

Yeah, over here at UNC we like to do it the right way. Unlike you scummos beating up on abandoned squads (UF, LSU, MIA). Dirtbags!!!!

11. Blaza

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

13. jfosh

jfosh Super

sec blah blah blah.....Alabama knows the only way you get to the title is win all your games.

Did I hear someone say someone from the SEC weasel's their way into the title game. I dont think so, those spots are earned except VT 2 years ago.

Bama has left after beating Tennessee. LSU (ryno will be back by then but used to 11' ), Auburn (we have won 3 in a row against the Tigers), and Miami (looks like a freebie at this point).

Dont count Georgia out...they lost at the right time and still can make the title game with a big win in the SEC Title game. So, I wouldn't guarantee a new National champion.

Good luck lots of games left.

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Georgia Slipped in one year and lost to Tennessee and Tennessee slipped in not playing the Conference Championship and then beating VTech.

VTECH won both Conference Championships the last 2 years getting the in.

15. Blaza

Just stirring the pot a bit Foshie. :biggun:

Some nice storylines shaping here. As the OD nears an end, all of us that've been pretty close with no cigar are getting desperate! The conference championships are always a huge wrench in the puzzle. Here in the Carolinas, we're hoping VT, Bama, Auburn, and UGA all demolish each other in these last few weeks.

16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    y'all fight for that championship...while the big dawgs, aka me, Bruce, Helli...hell I'll throw Juggs in there since he won 1, just relax until 11 drops :)

17. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I won my fair share....now the game is about the other guys getting meaningless titles when nobody but them cares.........so they dont quit. ;)

18. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

just cause you guys dont matter anymore............dont cry!

19. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah you did good with Kiffins kids.

20. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Since Ramirez didn't post a victory description... He came out with a new style against me and it worked.

In the past I've beaten people and said that it was their team playing flat that really lost that game for them. Well for me I thought it was a combination of Ramirez playing a very solid game with a lot of confidence and my team coming out dead flat. Our man defense was particularly horrible. For instance I'd have a 95 spd. safety on an 83 speed TE and not only would he get open he'd get WIDE open. Yeah I know it's the double cut routes that crush man but even on simple routes to the flat the dude was catching the pass then getting yards. I'm guessing the TE had 15 catches, I didn't look. Couldn't stop him.

My QBs were off early, missing on several wide open receivers. Then there was the play that probably swung the game, I tried an option, tried pitching the ball and nothing happened, so I tried again and instead of throwing it out to my HB he sort of threw it to the DT chasing me from the back side (controlled by Ramirez). It was the damndest thing I've ever seen and it went back for a TD. Then when I made a good user play (timing the double cut route to the TE and stepping in front of it) my guys didn't make the catch. Just a team that came out unwilling to make plays combined with good strategy and gameplay by Auburn.

21. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Nice try..one title with a few of the originals left the rest all mines.

22. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Auburn jumped out 31-6 and was able to manage the game from there. I was able to score on my first 4 possesions rather easily and made the determination that Georgia would have a difficult time catching up from there.

Auburn made a crucial 4th down stop on the goal line and Georgia never really threatened in the 2nd half. Shawn Lee was incredible in this game and amounted for 70% of the offense on this day! Catching long pass, after long pass. Without the efforts of Mr. Lee, this game could have been even more lopsided.

Auburn was able to sack the Georgia quarterback on many occasions only to have Georgia convert atleast 4 3rd downs over 17 yards and 1 3rd down conversion of 3rd and 26. It was certainly frustrating, but Auburn controlled the game throughout.

Auburn has Ole Miss next week, followed by a bye week. Alabama looms after.......... Auburn must not look ahead, but are very eager to play the "Tide". There is some unfinished business to take care of in that game.

Auburn has built their team to the point that they can finally compete on the defensive side of the ball. Hamilton has been very efficient and it has led to a great deal of confidence on the Auburn sidelines.

23. jfosh

jfosh Super

Looms is right....the only unfinished business in this game is BAMA making it 4 in a row and looking for some revenge against helli in conference title game.

24. Blaza

[​IMG]