Well, this post kind of got away from me...classic Reb-style

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by SteamboatReb, Feb 12, 2015.

1. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

We can all agree that Hard Knocks is the best damn Madden league on the best damn website on all of the internet...for a lot of reasons (content, gameplay, pitt4life21, etc., etc., ad nauseum). Be that as it may, there is still room for growth. Hard Knocks, it is time to add the designation of most charitable and philanthropic to that list.

Although not a charter member of HK, I am at least ground floor..maybe second floor. The older school HK contingent know my story well, but there are a lot of users here that do not know me. So if you will indulge me, I will briefly tell my story.

I joined HK roughly 12 or so games into its inaugral season. I had been kicked out of an NCAA league (Leather Helmets) and had more recently played in a Madden league that inexplicably, amd without warning, folded. I was downtrodden and ready to give up on TSO. But, I was saved when a young commisioner (i.e., BobJr ) of a fledging league extended an invitation to join HK. I picked the Washington Redskins and officially took the reigns during the first draft (let cpu finish season 1). Four weeks into season 2, at least three things became apparent to all of HK: (1) I could not draft for shit (had top 5 pick...went OL-OL in first two rounds); (2) I threw a LOT of interceptions (86 in first two seasons alone); and, (3) I did not "get" HK or TSO. I will spare you the messy details....but I was thrown out of league after week 4...involved playing a traded player (after a trade with cadepetty247) which eventually led to an overly-agressive response to the commish's inquiry.

I missed HK in a bad way and sent a heartfelt apology to league management two game weeks later amd was graciously given another chance. Finally won a game in season two, but more importantly, I figured oit what HK was about and how to have fun. By the next release, I was one of the guys. I still fucked up some drafts in a collasal manner (not just picking bad...fucking up the draft in a literal sense Ryty can attest). Bitched to no end when trades were not approved. Over-exposed the league to shirtless pocs of Gronk. Threw more interceptions. Lost 7 games in a row to miss the playoffs and finished with my all time best record of 8-8 in season 1 of year two ( f u HAL9100). But, I loved chat, posting, commenting and everything about the league. Started emulating the "good citizens" of HK controllerabuser and Cimmy24 and at least fit in at some point.

Did I ever do anything good for the league.....yep. Badass team announcement/reveal videos (with Frieske), actively recruited/vouched for/got pitt4life21 into HK. Convinced a legendary TSO XBox NCAA exclusive user to play a season (I gifted him the console when that was his last remaining objection), awarded a few copies of Madden to two or three guys who won contests within HK/were deserving, etc., kept bamagrad and thirdalarm entertained in chat for days on end. And, mostly importantly, I kept thegman2.0 in check as a natural yin to his yang.

I could go on for paragraphs, but I digress. I have never asked HK for anything in return as I have always figured any good that I did was outweighed by trouble that I was apt to cause from time to time. However, my circumstances are such that I now humbly and respectfully call on my brethren to help Reb out.

In November, I came under attack by a powerful force. The Saudi royal family decided to force the price of oil lower to retain market share and curb new U. S shale production. These savage acts directly led to the untimely, premature end to the oil and gas project that I was working on which has put a severe strain on Reb's discretionary funds. I need a PS 4 and soon as possible so I can maybe, if I am lucky, get my hands back working on the sticks and mabe get s season in when a team comes open before you guys quit for this release. To that end, I have started a GoFundMe campaign and will be eternally grateful for each donation. Go clean out your change cups and give to a good cause. Please see link at the bottom of this post...But first, a Sarah McLachlan video.

IF YOU FAIL TO FUND THIS CAMPAIGN, THEN YOU ARE SAYING THAT IS OK FOR A FOREIGN POWER COME INTO YOUR BACKYARD (i.e. TEXAS) AND WILLFULLY INFLICT FINANCIAL HARM TO AMERICANS ("REB") EFFECTIVELY ENDING ANY DREAM OF REJOINING HK IN A TIMELY FASHION. BUT, A DONATION NOT ONLY SAYS NO TO FOREIGN AGRESSION, BUT "YES" TO FREEDOM.

[On a side note, my birthday is on February 19th, so if you want to give but don't want to get all caught up in the geopolitical, petro-dollar, patriotism thing, just remember that a donation is a very thoughful gift]

gofundme.com/m9whzw

WOO!!!! 'Murica, fuck yeah!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Shaun Mason is the baddest MFer on TSO!! Cha-ching...+ 5

This is fun. This must be how the Google guys felt when they got their first start-up money.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Man, I'm sorry. I tried to use as many mono-syllabic words that I could. If I needed you to read it, you would have been tagged. Thanks for playimg though. Ha!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Ryty is on the board...+10

I have composed a haiku to honor and thank ryty for his kind pledge

MAN SELLS RYTY TAOIST SOUL
    browns of autumn fall
    urban renewal redeems
    aggie delusions

6. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Shout to a man who loves 'Murica, but more importantly straight-up, true-ass Yinzer!!!! Second best thing out of Pittsburgh.....Wiz!!!! Everytime I hear this forst song, I think of Pitt. It should play everytime he walks in a room.

Thanks for the contribution pitt4life21 !!!!!

7. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

But, will you write thank you haikus? Further, have you ever felt the wrath of the Saudi royal family, or any royal family for that matter?

The 4k TVs are really just overpriced regular HD tvs at this point because no stations (or very, very few) are broadcasting in ultra/enhanced HD yet. A curved anything 4k Ultra is useful to only one segment of our society.... Douchebags. I have no idea if you are the type of guy who wants a tv as a show piece. Your douche might not be that strong.

Whethet or not you are, in fact, a douchebag is really of little relevance and not my primary purpose for retorting. The main reason that I.....nah, Imainly replied to tell you that your reply is that of douchebag. One would almost need be equipped with both an intimate knowledge of HK history and understand my sense of humor, to really get that post. You possess neither of the requisites. The guys tagged in the post do. Some of the new guys are starting to get it as well, I think (huh, bigtubb_ ?). I totally cornered him up for a donation after befriending him last night in chat....He saw right through it.

That being said, My birthday is Thursday, and it is a special one (Tne Jackie Robinson Birthday...I will be 42). So, if anybody wants to donate who has not done so, the cut off is Thursday at 11:59 PM.

It's not your birthday @BrokebackJimmy, so get out of my fundraiser thread.

9. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

[​IMG]

i would take you more seriously if you had a sign...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Well played, sir. Well played.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

I fell victim and read this..figured if I could make it through 2 chapters of 50 shades, this would be some easy shyt....wrong

• Funny Funny x 1