Well we did it.. my girls went undefeated

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by RynoAid, Nov 12, 2011.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Feb 9, 2009
    Today the Keller Bluebonnets (10-0) capped off a perfect season in Keller U8 Girls Soccer. It did not come easy... the Pink Panthers (6-1-3) were a game group of girls with a powerhouse superstar player that had a size and speed advantage over any of our girls.

The first 12 minute quarter was a war in the midfield... the girls looked like they played an entire game after just the first stanza. Both teams wanted this game very badly. The Bluebonnets struck first Abby Ditzler buried a rocket after alluding 3 defenders.

Again the Bluebonnets pushed the action dominating possession and putting pressure on the Panthers. Then Paige Setzer stole the ball and pushed it up the field and flicked a toe pass that deflected off the defenders leg and into the air toward Blubonnet striker Brooke Smith who settled the ball down and drove a shot into the left corner for a 2-0 halftime lead.

The Panthers star would not be contained though... even after a pep talk about clean sheets the stellar Bluebonnet goalie Addisyn Elrod could not get a handle on the rockets being blasted her way. Two quick 3rd period goals and the Pink Panthers tied up the game.

"Believe it and it will happen" is what coach Jeff preached to his Bluebonnets before they took the field for the final period.. 12 minutes between them and their first undefeated season ever.

"As i walked off the field i just told Brooke and Abby that 'this is what you play for girls.. this is what it's all about, go out and make it happen right now' and you know.. that's what they did"

The Bluebonnets raised up the intensity level to start the 4th and won several corners. Finally their persistence was rewarded when Abby got loose, made a move on the final defender and buried a shot in the top left corner of the net... 3-2 Bluebonnets.

The Panthers would not give up though, and our goalie Addisyn had to make 2 very high level saves (one a catch in air of a line shot by superstar girl) to keep the lead safe. She probably made 6 saves that most U8 goalies don't make today for us to win this game...unbelievable.

Brooke and her possession skills salted away the clock as the Bluebonnets did cartwheels (even coach) when the referee blows that sweet whistle.....

• Like Like x 9
  2. bdub

bdub Walk On

Jul 26, 2010
    Congrats man, I coach a U8 girls tean as well and its a ton of fun.
  3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Jul 6, 2009
    Nice and Congrats!