Well......

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Coach KO, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Gentleman - So we are heading into the rough patch as I like to call it in Madden. The time period after the NFL season has ended. Baseball has started up. The weather is warming up. The days are getting longer, the skirts are getting shorter but so is the attention span of our fellow madden owners.

Not sure what we can do but try and keep the pace as quick as possible so people can keep playing their games. I know with the off season coming, there may be a flurry of activity so lets make sure we keep that energy going. This includes for the playoffs. I sense that if there is any significant delays we could lose good owners at a time we could ill afford it.

For other things - -We have to remember that people do have good days and bad days. I was giving Gaddy shit yesterday (rightfully so) for not scheduling on the forums but doing so in my usual manner. (Being a sarcastic asshole). He wasnt having a good day and didnt respond well to that. Why I mention it is that I decided to talk to him off the radar and he mentioned hes been having some things going on in his personal life.

So while we are often quick to pass judgment on face value, lets be certain to talk to people as well. He mentioned that someone edited his post and if that did happen, Its rather childish. I mean reading something on the scheduling thread and for some reason I doubt he wrote " I am a douche". Is that really necessary?

I know, not what you were expecting from me. Just some thoughts for the day.

2. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Well said KO and I agree. The only thing I would say is that if we lose good owners for not keeping pace or drifting away and we are having to keep on them I am not sure they were good owners anyway. I like Gaddy but his game is questionable at times and ever since I have been in this league he has had an issue with schedule threads and recaps. He also is gone on weekends sometimes and does not communicate that to everyone or even his opponent. Things happen in life we can't control and they are far more important then a sim online franchise but there are several ways to communicate in the world now take 30 seconds and give someone a heads up. That being said I do not wish to lose him or anyone that is a good owner. If you can not stay active throughout however then step down gracefully and get back on the waiting list. Also I really hope no one edited a thread no matter what the content was.

I know it is hard to keep active this time of year and heading into a 4th season. I actually think the NFL draft and a CBA would spark some excitement here as well. It is just as hard for the rest of us though that do stay active and do what is required of the league. Many of us have a family with several kids and work stress but we manage to keep it going. We also have cut dunlap and claven about as much slack as we can here so if we were pushing someone out the door they would have both been gone by now, not to mention duval's cheese one game play straight the next act...

3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

This is always a tough time, but the way I've always felt to operate is that if you leave us now, don't ask to come back later, because it wont happen. If something really happens and a guy needs to leave, then so be it, but if you start just losing interest in playing and leave, then you're not coming back. This has always been a year around league, and as long as I am here, I feel it will always be a year around league. Leagues that shut down are very hard to kick back up in Madden. I think we can be creative and come up with stuff to keep guys plugged in, but if you love madden, love the omfl, and want to play, you're interested - period. No one has to stir me up, or most of you up. I am open to ideas, but I also don't wanna stress out over gaddy leaving, if he truly is leaving. Sorry but these guys don't give, they only take. KO wants to leave, Dunn wants to leave, Win wants to leave, Jeremy wants to leave - then we have problems, guys like gaddy, sorry to see you go, but we will survive.

4. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Please note, this was two different thoughts. One was to keep the pace of the league up and lets keep plugging away.

the issue regarding Gaddy isnt really about Gaddy. Its making sure that "our house" is clean. If people dont trust the board then they will not come to us with issues and they will not trust us to do whats right for the league. We just need to make sure we are tougher than Teflon as they say.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I know I for one make an effort to talk to folks when I am on in WFL on AIM, and I try to communicate via the board room forums and board room blast chat to make sure that all the leadership is speaking the same message.

I think that is the biggest thing OMFL could do is speak one message from the board. Not that we don't, but if we are editing posts (not saying we are, but it was done apparently) or doing childish things, then on the other hand telling folks to report gameplay issues, will they really take us seriously? I know I wouldn't if I were not already on the board.

Just need to make sure we are keeping each other on point and staying cohesive. That will filter down for when we have to push buttons to keep people interested.