We're Getting The Band Back Together!

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

That's right, Chompions League is coming back and we're on a mission from God. I'm tagging anyone that I can remember who has ever been apart of Chompions League, but please feel free to tag anyone that I missed - or anyone else that might be interested in joining the reboot of one of TSO's best NCAA ODs.

This thread will serve as a pulse-check on who's interested - but there will be more updates to come. All I need for you is this - 3 teams that you'd be interested in playing with. Please keep in mind that CL is geared toward 5 and 6 star programs.

We're targeting August 16 as a start date.

jandy Jbek cyhiphopp Glen Cieske ssuwr86 MrWitness36 cmassey13 CJTHA1 TheMNorthFace Antonio T. MarkyMark67 Ben Rekkapryde

• Like Like x 2
  2. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

3. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

If I can get my hand on a PS3 I'll be interested in a return. Quick question will the rosters be updated as of this upcoming season Spayer419 ?

4. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Yes, the good people at OS are working on those right now. PS3s are running relatively cheap today, you can probably get your hands on one + controller + game for less than $200

5. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

Cool I'll give you a soft commitment until I can get another PS3 situation. Georgia, USC, Tennessee

6. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

I really don't know if I'd have the time to play. If could, I'd be interested in Arkansas (of course) maybe Baylor or Oregon as well. Honestly, I haven't touched the game since I left Chomps so I'd need to get reacquainted with the teams.

7. jandy

jandy Walk On

I'm in without a doubt. Really looking forward to the reboot, and I hope you are all in to join us. The more the merrier as well, so feel free to invite any friends that still have a PS3 to get in on the Chompions League action. I held on to my PS3 with this in mind, and I'm glad we're getting the discussion under way. Cheers to a new NCAA season, both in real life and in CL.
    My preliminary, end of July top 3 (subject to change) are:
    1. Michigan
    2. Clemson
    3. Baylor

• Like Like x 1
  8. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Hell yeah I'm in!

I'll have to think about some teams

9. Rhight

Rhight Walk On

I'm interested, Jeffrey Hartle told me about the resurrection in hk chat. But I don't want anybody except UF.

10. Rhight

Rhight Walk On

11. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I am interested, lets get closer to the 16th for me to make more concrete decision.
    1. Florida State
    2. TBD
    3. TBD

12. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Spayer, are you thinking we should do one megaconference? Looks like we've got some B1G teams for the North and some SEC/FSU Southern interest as well.

13. jandy

jandy Walk On

I can understand his apprehension to do so considering our goal of sim, realistic football. But at the same time, super conferences would cater to the masses as far as people being a team they enjoy, and in turn will hopefully stick with.

My personal opinion is to go the route that will lead to the longevity of the league. If it means messing with the structure of conferences and throwing geographic accuracy to the wind, I'm all for it. With an outdated game on an outdated system, we should do all we can to entice people to keep with it.

• Like Like x 2
  14. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Yeah. If we only end up with maybe 8 guys it will be tough to keep interest while playing the computer so often. One big conference would allow us to have a few cross division games and a conference championship to decide the Chompion. The Bowl games will have a lot less importance though

If we want to have two conferences, with users spread between 4 divisions, I'm ok with that too. We can also schedule some non-con user games that way as well.

A lot depends on how much interest we get. I was just looking at everyone's top choice so far and I saw an easy North/South divisional setup.

15. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Right now I'm thinking I'll go with Penn State or Michigan State.

If the rest of leagues teams ends up spreading out more I might change that up though.

16. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

If you want to go with Super Conferences, here's two quick ideas:

The Two Super Conference Route
    Geographically split two conferences. Even out the divisions between users. Have the conference championship location rotate among the 6 playoff locations to simulate a "Final Four" type of approach, as the winner of each user conference will likely square off in the National Title

One Massive Super Conference
    One super conference of likely 16 teams, split the divisions, but have all the users in the one conference. The pro of this is that it will increase the amount of user games everyone plays, and likely vary who wins the title each year. In the past, it seemed like the same 2 or 3 people were always winning their conference.

The Smaller, Round Robin, Approach
    Have one "Super Conference" of only 10 or 11 teams, no divisions, no conference championship. All of the users will play one-another every year, and the regular season would be pretty epic. The downside of this is that some teams will inevitably have bad seasons.

Let me know what you guys think.

Rhight and KnightNoles I have no problem giving you UF or FSU, respectively.

• Like Like x 3
  17. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I think the downside of the 10 team super conference would be that some coaches might end up getting canned if they don't compete for a couple years. I'm good with 2 conference setup (probably modified Big10 and modified SEC with the current sign ups), or the 16 team super conference.

I think a lot depends on how many players we get. If we get more than 8, the 2 conference setup seems to make sense

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

Hey, I'm in...My teams by priority. BTW, I'm no longer on the West Coast boy as I have moved from San Diego to Virginia Beach, so I'll be available earlier now!!!

1. Miami (FL)
    2. North Carolina
    3. Stanford or Tennessee

Truth be told, I'm only interested because someone broke into my home and stole my PS4 in May and I probably won't get another one anytime soon. I been bored out my mind since.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

+1 to this

20. jandy

jandy Walk On

I like the idea of a four team playoff of sorts...2 conferences with the winners of the CCGs playing in the National Chompionship would be pretty sweet.

21. jandy

jandy Walk On

Regardless of the conference setup, at this point we can tentatively make our roster to be (correct me if I'm wrong):
    1. Spayer419
    2. jandy
    3. cyhiphopp
    4. Antonio T.
    5. KnightNoles
    6. Rhight
    7. cmassey13
    8. Jbek

With MrWitness36 and TheMNorthFace as wild cards. Any word from Glen Cieske?

With this roster there has been a good deal of Big Ten interest, so as Cy said, we'll likely go with a modified B1G if we go with a two conference setup. Would love to see someone pick up Notre Dame so we can put them where they should be.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Not sure if we can officially count in Cmassey. I would qualify Matt as highly doubtful, and Glen is out

23. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I really wish they could make this game again!

• Like Like x 1
  24. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Don't we all ... any interest in joining us in this?

25. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I don't know about that. I'd have to give some major thought to it. I would definitely do it if I could kick Ryty and Cimmy24 around.