Were not dead yet..

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by AJ Hart MN, Nov 3, 2012.

1. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

So, a couple of us were talking in Skype and we would still like to play this damn game. Raj, Nachos, Zac and I are in. Hopefully Schreck and Sonjay are also still willing to give it a go. Anyone else is welcome also. It's going to be a full restart with updated rosters. I've found some on OS and they look great but granted, I haven't gone through every team thoroughly. Minnesota and Maryland are pretty damn accurate so I'm assuming most teams look pretty good.

I'm rolling with FSU and Raj is obviously Maryland. Nachos is going to be Texas and Zac want's A&M. That said, we can be any team we want but would love for Nachos and Zac to have some competition in their respective conferences. Raj and I would love to have Trey at Clemson if he would be up for it :)

Let me know if the anyone else would like to play.. We aren't requiring a ton of extra time as I understand there are other games out there but I think it would still be fun to be in a league with you guy's. The sliders would be the same and I think the no scouting rule on recruits should be a rule also but we could go over that stuff when we figure out who's in and who's out.

JohnnyClutch
    sonn
    PAgamer07
    ryalaman
    ZCar352
    SuperBowlNachos
    dnf913
    Screwthebcs
    briosu99
    schreck822
    TEClemson53

2. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

Count me in. I'd prefer to stay with OSU but I'll work with whatever is decided on conferences.

3. sonn

sonn Walk On

I'd probably stick with Oregon.

4. AJ Hart MN

You're both fine staying with OSU and Oregon.. Nachos want's Texas and Zac want's A&M so we just need to find 4 guy's that want to link up with you guy's in those conferences. Actually, it shouldn't be too hard. We'll load up our non conference schedule's to give us all user games. I'll start this up in the morning (or tonight) and send out the invites.

5. sonn

sonn Walk On

I might take Miami but I'll need to see the roster first. What's the GT of the set you're using?

6. AJ Hart MN

I get them from OS but I can't remember the dude I got them from. I uploaded them to my locker so if you download them off of my GT, they should be the one's I'm using. Give them a look.

7. sonn

sonn Walk On

Is it created coaches?

8. AJ Hart MN

no.. Just use the existing one's.

9. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

I'll play ball with ya AJ. Suppose I gotta go with my Irish, if ya don't mind. Then just throw me into any conference that needs me.

10. AJ Hart MN

Invite was sent.. Just accept whenever. Not sure I can put you in a conference this year but feel free to take ND. They look good with the updated rosters btw ;) You'll still get user games so no worries. Trying to get to week one tomorrow night so the sooner you can sign in the better.

11. AJ Hart MN

also remember to use existing coach (so don't create one) and don't scout.. Were going to try your idea of no scouting this year.

12. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Sounds good, I'll get on a little later and lock it up. I'd assume ND looks pretty good if the rosters are recent, Teo should be a about a 110 OVR and the rest of the D should be pretty rocking as well. The RB's are good, WR's and TE's very nice and QB's (Golson and Kiel) young but lots of potential. Now if they were able to program in some ridiculous luck it will be really accurate.

And I'm assuming FSU will be looking good too, bet you guys can't stop kicking yourselves for that NC State game.

13. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

This whole not scouting thing is kind of uncomfortable. I have no idea what I'm getting myself into. Already kind of miss being able to do that, but I get why we are. Gonna be pretty anxious to get to the end of the season and see what the hell I have to work with.

14. AJ Hart MN

ZCar352

I think you're the last one that hasn't joined (if you did already, ignore this). If you plan on joining, can you do it today after you get off of work? It looks like you'll be all by your lonesome in the SEC but you'll still have user games. We can look at putting you in the Big-12 next year.

15. AJ Hart MN

If you guy's want to scout, I have no problem if that's what we want to do. Maybe just not scout in the Pre-Season?

16. AJ Hart MN

17. AJ Hart MN

Timpegoose

You're welcome to jump in also :) Were starting from scratch so...

18. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

I don't care either way, I was just making a basic comment. This version of the game has made scouting such a normal aspect of the game to me that it's weird filling up my board and not doing that. Not gonna lie, I like scouting, makes finding some of those 3 star studs a lot of fun and encourages you to dig a little deeper. At the same time, I know the classes guys were putting together were getting a little too good, so doing it without scouting helps to keep from getting too loaded. It will be harder to recruit for specific skills now, which I tend to do a lot more than looking at the overall, because it seems like things like blocking and coverage and positional skills like that tend to be the ones that fluctuate a lot, especially with the 3 star types.

Anyway, I'm rambling, but long story short, I'm cool either way, we are all playing by the same rules.

19. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

What is the advance schedule going to look like?

20. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

21. AJ Hart MN

I'm guessing like every 48hrs like normal. If guy's need an extra day for a user game, I'd be ok with it. It's not going to be this 24hr stuff we were doing at times. I just want this to be much more laid back so we can all just enjoy the game for what it is.. I'm not going to be banging on guys for content or anything like that. Play your games, bs about the OD in the weekly threads and post your recruits. That's it!

22. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

I think we should be able to scout. Limit 5* guys if you think it becomes to overpowered with finding gem 3* guys.

and schedule me a CPU game week 1 if you can. I have to much homework I let pile up since I didn't think I would have anything to do game play wise anytime soon.

23. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

if we did 72 hours, I'd rejoin but I dont want to have to play a game every other day

24. AJ Hart MN

How about this.. Just no scouting in the Pre-Season?? Obviously, we need to be able to trust everyone here but I think that would limit some of the gems we could find.

25. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

This sounds fair to me. It would really make us have to make some tough choices about who we scout.