Were not in Wetumpka anymore!

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jfosh, Nov 3, 2009.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

Were not in Wetumpka anymore!

William Hamilton recruiting Thread

The "Wetumpka Wizzard" decides....... to throw 8 picks in his first game for the Tigers.

Perhaps the Traditions most recruited player in 3 years broke into the starting line up for the Auburn Tigers in his first game in his first year on campus.

That might not be news considering Georgia has started freshman QB's in back to back seasons both making the freshman all-american team, but what is news: Hamilton was given the nod ahead of 2011 O'Brien award winner Tyrik Rollison. Rollison was blind sided by the choice of Hamilton. Rollison passed for 4600 yards in his sophomore campaign and looked poised to lead the Tigers to their 4th strait SEC title game.

This isn't the 1st time in coach Ramirez' career that he has been accused of playing favorites with his new recruit over his established player. While at Arizona State it was the norm for a HB to make the all-american team be in the Heisman race only to find himself on the bench the next season behind an incoming freshman.

This isn't sitting well with the Auburn alumni. The Tiger fans have got accustomed to being on top and are confused with QB decesion. Auburn installed a new offense tailored to Hamilton's strengths. But this isn't Wetumpka anymore.

Opening the season at home Hamilton well how can I say this.......shit the bed! The freshman chucked the rock 42 times for 19 completions and 8 interceptions and 0 TD's for a whopping 56.9 QB rating. Thats right count em 8. After the 4th one it was starting to get down right hostile for Hamilton. Then the 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th......you can only imagine the crowd at this point. During the televised game they kept cutting to Rollison who never once started to warm up.

Rollison contacted after the game would not comment but did say "If you have QB questions ask the coach. Should I be starting, ask the coach." clearly this kid is not happy.

Not the most accurate passer well ok. But Hamilton also accounted for the 9th turnover. Hamilton was sacked 5 times and totaled 22 rushes for 48 yards and 1 TD.

The loss to Oklahoma 62-27 puts the Tigers squarely behind the 8 ball. It the second worst loss in the past 4 years (the loss to Alabama last season tops the list). Hamilton has a lot of work to regain the image of golden boy and the Tigers are all out of mistakes if they want to win the National Title.

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I would have like to see the big ass smile on your face as you typed this.

3. jfosh

jfosh Super

Wizzard more like lizard!

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

5. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I was sure Mike would redshirt him and start him as a rs sophmore, I gotta say I am not suprised by the stats.

The Wizard is a ready made mistake machine right now, I recruited him hard but in the end he may be the all hype / mostly poison player of this dynasty. His wheels are elite his arm and ball security are very average.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Meh, I threw five picks yesterday trying to figure out what our offense is going to be like this year. It seems every team likes to play their zones aggressive aganist us, safeties are jumping everything. We'll get it figured out (I hope), and Auburn will too.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Speaking of FUCKIN the CPU!!

The CPU faked a fucking punt on 4th and 15 on my 45 yard line and CONVERTED!!! WTF.

The camera angle was so far back i could see how had the fucking ball.

I threw 2 ints with Juju.....freakin OSU Lbs are like ball hawks!

8. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I see that Rollison dropped to #5 in the Heisman race with the week one benching! LOL

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Heisman voters are shocked rollinson isn't starting.

He's using the florida PB. I saw what it entailed. Tons of shotgun. I know I couldn't handle always being in shotgun.

10. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Same for me. I'm under center at least 75% of the time.

11. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Same for me. I don't feel comfortable running too much Shottie.

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

The run plays suck out fo the shotgun...takes forever to hand the ball off and by the time that happens 1 or 2 blocks have already been missed.

13. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

You have to crawl before you walk........... I was falling into habits lately.... The best way to remedy is to find an offense your QB's skill-set is tailored to, and completely different from what I was using..... I see Hamilton as a Tebow and hope I will have the same sort of success.......It may be "rocky" early, but will pay dividends later....

14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    i commend you for using the offense...much props.

15. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah it's a bold move for sure. I have a lot of fun running with Oregon online though.

16. jfosh

jfosh Super

You need to be running not walking. For sure that O will be a beast once its up and running. Hope you get all the parts not just the QB.

17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I woulda certainly ran with Texas Tech or Virginia but I'm not comfortable running exclusively my offense in shotgun sets.