1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

West Virginia Moutaineers

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Texboogie, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Texboogie

Texboogie Guest

West Virginia Moutaineers

Game Summaries for the Moutaineers

2. Texboogie

Texboogie Guest

#18 Vs #6 - West Virginia Vs Penn State

WEST VIRGINIA CONTINUES WINNING WAYS OVER #6 Penn State, A GREAT START TO SEASON.
    After walking the ball up and down the field in the first quarter, I had nothing to show for it. A pick and fumble took what points I thought I had right off the board. West Virginia was able to score only once in this quarter with a pick 6.

This was a DEFENSIVE Struggle for the entire game. Penn state's Safteys were able to make some plays that just killed WV's QB rating. (Sliders HELPED A TON for them) I was stopped about 3 or 4 times in the red zone as the Nittney Lions D tightened up.

This game would have been a complete blowout If West Virginia didnt have 5+ turnovers. Luckily for the Mountaineers, Penn State made just as many mistakes at the worst time possible. For example West Virginia Missed a 48 yrd FG with under 1:30 left in the game with a short feild and 3 time outs. After a few great throws, Penn state threw a quick pick that cemented the game for the Moutaineers.