Western Conference Playoffs Round 1: #4 Los Angeles Clippers v Minnesota Timberwolves

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by Matrix Monkey, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

#4[​IMG] V [​IMG]#5

Regular Season

These teams coaches only met up for one game this season, the first game of the season and the Timberwolves crushed the Clippers after getting off to a real hot start. Minnesota was effective from beyond the arc and were batting away shots in the paint all game.

Matchups

Chris Paul on Ricky Rubio

Both players have very similar skill sets but Rubio is much more effective at running his teams offense than Paul. Paul will have to slow Rubio down on passes into the midrange and the paint if the Clippers are going to have any chance in the series. Rubio on the other hand is going to have to contend with Paul's shooting which is no easy task as he scored 23 points in their game including 5-7 from 3.

Result: Slightly favors Paul

Alonzo Gee on Shannon Brown

Gee did a great job against Brown in their only meeting and limited him to 3 shot attempts and only one made basket but both coaches will be more effective with this players in the playoffs after getting to know them better. Its unclear if Gee will be able to shut down Brown's hard charging playstyle but he's a more complete shooter than Brown.

Result: Slightly favors Gee

Caron Butler on Michael Beasley

Beasley destroyed the Clippers in their game together. Not only did he shut down Butler who only went 3-11 during the game from the field but he was also their leading scorer with 25 points and a ridiculous 10-13 from the field including 5-5 from 3. This will be the key to the series, weather Beasley can be containing or not.

Result: Largely favors Beasley

Blake Griffin on Kyle Love

Love had a good game against the Clippers last time shooting 50% for 16 pts and brought down 9 rebounds but Griffin matched him in rebounds but accounted for 22 points. Griffin struggled backing down the Love though and will need to rectify that if he the Clippers hope to take the series.

Result: Even

DeAndre Jordan on Omer Asik

Both players had similar games and both coaches don't use their C's much in the offense so its hard to tell whats going to happen over a playoff series.

Result: Even

Bench Players

Jerryd Bayless was the only Clippers bench player to score a bucket in the season opener though Trey Tompkins did grab 7 rebounds. Meanwhile the T-Wolves bench provided a great spark as JJ Barea scored 18 and Coach Makinpropel got a lot of his players minutes and more importantly, baskets.

Result: Large edge to the T-Wolves

Prediction

Its hard to tell how far these teams have come since the first game of the season but the T-Wolves are clearly a better coached squad and but up better stat numbers in almost every category this season. The Clippers might have some big name players but Minnesota gets the results out of a much deeper and and complete squad. I believe the T-Wolves will win the series in Game 6 if all the games are played.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Game 1:

Game called on account of lag. T-Wolves given sim win as they were leading.

1-0 Minnesota

3. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

4. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Matrix Monkey

Sorry man, my internet is out. I had to go to the library just to write this. No idea how the series is going, but if I won game 2, I can sim one for you. If you won, then just let it be. Same for game 3 whenever that one sims. Again, Sorry.

I called the internet guys and hopefully it is fixed by the end of the day.

5. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Ok, let me know when you're back up.

I got the win in Game 2. Only ~7hours till Game 3 sims though.

6. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

7. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Game of Thrones finale.

Can play at 9:10ish CST.

8. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

how about right after the heat vs. celtics game is over?

9. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

As long as thats after 9:10 CST thats fine.

10. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

deal