What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

What am I doing wrong?

Ok, it's like no matter what play I call on defense or offense it never works. Defense gives up 6-7 yards per play, always a TD it seems like. And then offense is lucky to get a first down. I mix up my playcalling so much I get dizzy. JC manhandled me...with the LIONS...lol...I couldn't stop anything and couldn't get anything going....WTF is wrong?! lol

2. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

I'm not an expert by any means. (Look at my record)

But I would suggest that if whatever you are doing is not working, start over.

I mean really get away from whatever you are doing entirely. what do you have to lose. if you are a blitzer start playing more coverage. if you are a gunner start running if you always run in 1st pass pass punt, start running draws on 3rd. learn to throw a screen. or stop throwing screens. if you hate your TE start using him. if you never use spread sets try em.

Defense is harder. a really good Offensive running team is so far the one thing I cant beat. But im working on a new defense for next year. depending on my draft.

here I would suggest mixing your patterns. we all know that pretty early on in a game we will figure out what the otehr guys is going to do. IRL there are specific counters to most everything in the game madden is more touchy, but some things do work.

stop blindly running nickel every time your OP shows 3 wides, and getting gashed by the bruiser backs.

conversely stop running C2 on every 3rddown and long and getting beat by screens. that srot of thing. think about how guys consistantly break you down and try to fix those things.