What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Nvschultz1325, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Nvschultz1325

Nvschultz1325 Walk On

Ok first off, I know I suck at this game,
    My receivers seem to always be double and triple covered, not just one but all of them. Every run play is sniffed out before I even get to the line it seems like, and when I do see an open guy the defense for the other guy seems to morph in the air and move side ways 10 yes to pick it.
    The other guys always have a wide open player, a big open hole with tons of blocking for the HB, and I can't stop EVER. The other team always seems twice as fast as my guys.
    I just want to know the secrect is, I'd thought oh ill play, stumble into a few wins have some close games, but no, I am getting blown out every game. I just don't get it.

2. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Sounds like your being predictable bro... If the D can hone in on what your doing every time you run or pass it will be met with that proper D. Once you figure out predictability of your own offense, playing D will come a little easier. Use Brees, the elite QBs on this game are unreal with the passes they can drop in. Throw the ball to where the receiver should be, prior to him breaking out of his cut. Run those long draws when its a passing down, or screen pass when they think your running an blitzing. Play some more games, ranked or unranked, nothing like getting more time in the drivers seat.

3. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Probably not the best person to take advice from but if you want to play i can try and help you out. Getting blown out is never fun. Been there.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nvschultz1325

Nvschultz1325 Walk On

i pass to guys who look wide open by 10 yds and then all of a sudden I'm getting picked off and it gets returned for a td because apparently all db's are faster then Sproles and his 98 speed.

I mix up runs left, right, middle but every time I get hit in the back field.

i am no football guru, I casually watch the nfl. I can't make the on the fly adjustments you guys make ie defensive audibles or WR hot routes.

5. Jamie

Jamie Walk On

Take it from a guy who is single handedly turning the Bears into the biggest laughing stock in the league; just have fun bro! You will get better.

I'm having the same probs as you though. My recievers can't get open to save my life; and heaven forbid they actually do, cause they drop the pass EVERY time.

The other guys in this league are really good. I consider myself a pretty good player and I'm getting destroyed. Like I said, just have fun man. Games are meant to be a distraction, not a headache.

6. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I would say practice and more practice. None of us were good at the game when we first played.

Football knowledge definitely helps with the gameplanning side of things I believe. But that is just one part of it. But without playing you and seeing what your mistakes might be, it is tough to say how to help you.

7. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

+1

8. CrackinBacks

CrackinBacks Walk On

honestly they are all correct, it boils down to time spent playing the game. You will learn where are receivers will cut and where you can throw the ball vs man or zone defenses. I've never been really good at madden, but if I can be competitive I can't complain. Watch what your opponents do too you can pick up some strategy there too.

9. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

A few things I noticed when we played last night was you only threw to a few targets (Colston, graham, sproles) and you were throwing before your route had developed. In the first half you had plenty of time, but I was bumping Colston off the line with Bailey which threw him off his route a few times. I think you were feeling the pressure, when in reality you had another few seconds to get rid of it and let the routes develop. In the second half I blitzed a few times and your downfall there was you had sproles in the backfield, and instead of picking up the blitzes, he would run a route. With me bumping your WR'S off the line you only had 2 people to go to....Sproles or Graham which neither was close to finishing the route to be open. I would
    D say mix up your formations and play calling and spread the ball around. Don't pick who you are going to pass the ball to before you snap the ball....relax and let routes develop and hit the open guy!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

If I remember correctly from our game, you controlled your MLB. You were constantly taking him out of the play by overreacting to motion or play action. You have to let the play develop and then react. When you take your MLB out of the play, you've left the entire middle of the field open. You also over ran tackles. No shame in that. User'ing a MLB can be very effective, but it takes a lot of practice. I still suck at tackles in the open field. The more you play, the better you'll get. Also, are you using the Saints playbook. I know schemes play a big part in the game this year, so if you switched to a different playbook, this can affect your players performance.

11. Nvschultz1325

Nvschultz1325 Walk On

Yeah I try to control one of them, maybe I should stick to line, and yeah I do still use the saints book

12. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

http://www.smartfootball.com/

It won't help your stick skills, but this is one of the best sites for learning strategy and the ideas behind plays/schemes. It will definitely help you become a more sophisticated playcaller.