What are our plans for 2010?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mcyork, Jun 18, 2009.

1. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

What are our plans for 2010?

Do we have any thoughts as to what we plan on doing when 2010 drops? Any discusions or questions?

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I'm down for `10. I'm new here and have played in this league with you this year (until I've gone on vacation now) but I started here on this site to build cred so I could get in a great `10 feeder league. I would like to be in a league that is open to all teams but I'm open to other possibilities. But definitely keep my name in.

3. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I'm like you ksherm I am new I was just trying to start a little conversation on the matter as it seems a little slow in here right now.

4. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I am a big fan of ncaa 2k8 hoops. The locked dynasty is my favorite by far of all dynastys. I like the thought of starting at a small school and working your way up through the ranks. I know that the OD does not allow for you to accept different coaching positions but what if we set up paramaters were we choose a playbook and start in the MAC or CUSA to play out season one. The winners of each division (for example Drifterbubs Rice this year) could retire from their teams and would be given a choice of schools from a larger conference, they would have to bring their playbooks that they started with. If you win the conference championship you get 1st choice of teams. 4 would advance while the others would stay in the same positions trying to make it next year. The 4 to advance would have to take over a team whose record in 2009 was below .500 after that season 4 more could advance to bigger conferences as well as the 1st 4 could advance to a stronger team if they won the conference that they entered. This could go on till someone won the MNC or BCS bowl game in which they could choose to move onto a dream job of their chioce. If someone wants to join after we start they would have to start at one of the MAC CUSA schools. It would be about the coach and not the teams. Slow day at work and typed this in between watching the US open.
    This would be an example I choose UCF to start with. I have picked the Florida playbook and a 3-4 defense to run. I win the CUSA championship and would retire my team from the dynasty and I could choose from all the bcs conference's I could choose any team that was under .500 from the year before the commish would send out a new invite to lets say syracuse who goes 2-9 this year. I would move my offense (UF's) and defense to my new coaching position. From there I would have to compete in the big east and if I turned the program around won the MNC I could then choose Miami as my dream job. What do you guys think?

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

really not getting too much feedback on these feeder leagues it seems. Wonder what's up with that?

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Not sure why that is right now. But TT III has just started talking and I assume now that I have assigned some people to TT IV I would think some more people will start hopping in here on some discussions.

Not to mention that management is busy with building all the stuff we need to for the new NCAA front page and the Madden league.

I apologize, because you guys are just as important.

7. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Hi guys.

I was just informed that I will be in this league for 2010...so wazzup.

I like that idea really. Sounds fun. I usually take a team like Idaho, or UTEP or something like that in an offline dynasty and build them into a power vs. the computer. Just makes it more interesting than taking Ohio State and crushing the Big 10 every year. I would like to maybe split it between WAC/Mountain West and-or MAC/Conf. USA?

I would also be cool with just starting with BCS schools too. I lean more towards starting small though. How would the teams be picked in a set conference format? What about if it were wide open?

8. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Hey castor, we are currently running with the MAC and CUSA but I like the MWC and WAC too, I think the way we run 2010 will not be set till we discuss it more. I think first and foremost we need to get a run down on who is going to be playing when the game drops. I think we could set a time this next week to meet online and discuss what yall want to do. Any one like this idea?

9. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Hey, all. Just got added to this group. Looking forward to some fun games when NCAA 10 drops. I'm open for pretty much anything at this point, as I'm just excited to get back to my nightly NCAA fix. I typically play with Iowa State, so if we follow the example set in this thread, I'll be working towards taking them to the MNC in a couple of seasons. haha.

Anyway, I do like the idea mentioned originally. Could be fun to start off small and move ourselves up the ranks. Gives it a little bit more replayability (is that a word?) as we're not all starting out with powerhouse teams.

10. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Hey guys. Was added here this morning to this league. The idea thrown out sounds fun. Since I'm new not sure how you guys handle it but with the idea thrown out you'll just have to adjust the schedules once guys move up to BCS schools. Otherwise teams that move up say to the Big East won't pay any human games unless you pick up a non-conference game or two with teams that are still down in the MAC of CUSA. Anyways small details we can work out. Look forward to playing with you guys.